Joint Caucasian-Northern Republic Announcement

loannes

Preamble
The Kingdom of Caucasia and the Northern Republic, hereon out known as Caucasia and the Republic respectively, hereby enter into a pact of defense.

Article I. Non Aggression
The undersigned nations hereby agree to non-aggression. Neither nation will engage in military or undercover operations against the other.

Article II. Free Trade
Caucasia and the Republic hereby agree to free trade between their nations. All goods traded between the two nations are exempt from tariffs.

Article III. Mutual Defense
The undersigned nations agree to enter into mutual defense. An attack upon one signatory will be considered an attack upon both, and will be treated as such.

Article IV. Treaty Chains
Should one signatory be attacked for honoring a non-related treaty, defense becomes optional. Both signatories recognize that defense in this case is no longer required, but it is still encouraged.

Article V. Mutual Aggression
In the event that one signatory engages in an offensive war against a third party, the other signatory is required to declare war in assistance of the attacker.

Article VI. Cancellation
This treaty can be terminated by either signatory at any time, provided that the other nation is made aware of the cancellation 48 hours in advance. This treaty is considered to still be in effect until the 48 hours is up.

Article VII. Trans-Caucasus Canal
The signatories of this treaty will have joint control of the canal. Should one of the three aforementioned nations cease to exist, control reverts to the remaining nations. All revenue and debt, policing, and administration of the canal must be split equally among the controlling nations, preferably through the creation of a Trans-Caucasus Canal Authority.

Signed for the Kingdom of Caucasia,
HRH King James II
Ana Eliso, Prime Minister
Approved By 1[sup]st[/sup] Royal Parliament

Signed for the Northern Republic,
President Ísólfur Ármannsson
Minister of Foreign Affairs Steingrímur Vilhjálmsson
Approval of the Northern Republic Congress

OOC: Yay upgrades! :awesome:

Edited by Drakedeath

[quote name='Pikachurin' date='04 February 2010 - 12:42 AM' timestamp='1265244147' post='2157498']
"Disparu wishes to congratulate it's Arctic allies as well as Caucasia for this upgrade."

[b]***PRIVATE***[/b]

The Disparuean Chancellor, Cynthia Celeste, shuddered as soon as she heard the mention of Caucasia.
[/quote]

**Private**
Coincidentally, at the same time, Caucasian State News sent Cynthia Celeste a first-class package. Inside was a note that said 'o hai' and a box of condoms.

[quote name='Drakedeath' date='03 February 2010 - 07:26 PM' timestamp='1265246818' post='2157624']
**Private**
Coincidentally, at the same time, Caucasian State News sent Cynthia Celeste a first-class package. Inside was a note that said 'o hai' and a box of condoms.
[/quote]

OOC: Lol

IC:

"NTR congratulates you on this treaty."

[i]PRIVATE[/i](in NTR President's office)

"Great, more nations signing treaties. Its a dog eat dog world, this treaty will be canceled soon, I can tell."

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='03 February 2010 - 08:30 PM' timestamp='1265247046' post='2157630']
OOC: Lol

IC:

"NTR congratulates you on this treaty."

[i]PRIVATE[/i](in NTR President's office)

"Great, more nations signing treaties. Its a dog eat dog world, this treaty will be canceled soon, I can tell."
[/quote]

OOC: Pure 100% genuine facepalm comment here.

[quote name='Mergerberger II' date='03 February 2010 - 07:36 PM' timestamp='1265247407' post='2157640']
OOC: Pure 100% genuine facepalm comment here.
[/quote]

OOC: Lies, stabs in the back, sneak attacks, its all part of real life. You think what you think, I have my personal reasons. I don't care whats wrong with it, its what I, in real life, believe in.

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='04 February 2010 - 01:44 AM' timestamp='1265247885' post='2157646']
OOC: Lies, stabs in the back, sneak attacks, its all part of real life. You think what you think, I have my personal reasons. I don't care whats wrong with it, its what I, in real life, believe in.
[/quote]

OOC: Yeah, we've only had an MDoAP for 7-8 months. I'm sure this treaty will be canceled soon.

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='03 February 2010 - 08:44 PM' timestamp='1265247885' post='2157646']
[/quote]

ooc: lolwut?

IC: There's certainly no better country for Caucasia to ally itself to... oh wait. Nevermind that.

[quote name='Drakedeath' date='03 February 2010 - 08:26 PM' timestamp='1265246818' post='2157624']
**Private**
[/quote]

[b]***PRIVATE***[/b]

The package was immediately thrown out by Cynthia herself, breaking one of the Chancellery's windows and hitting a gardener's head in the process. The package became a hot topic in the tabloids the next day (such as [i][url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=79283&view=findpost&p=2157806"]Le Poutine[/url][/i]) after it was reported by the gardener.

**Private**

"Weren't they already MDAPed?"

"No, I believe it was just an MDoAP. Highness."

"There's a difference?"

"The small 'o'."

"The difference is a letter?"

"Well I guess in context, 'o' is a pretty big deal."

"'o' is never a big deal. Maybe a capital 'O', but never a lowercase 'o'."

"A nation that would have defended them anyways, takes out the 'o', you know I kind of liked the 'o'."

"I think most people like the 'o'. I like the 'o' too."

"Yeah..."

---

*Public*

Our congratulations for removing the 'o'.