Early Elections Forced in Parliment

Revan

Election for President in Parliament  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Due to the Greek Nationalist Party gaining more seats, they have called for elections earlier then they would be expected. As of right now they hold a slight majority over the New Democracy Party.

The New Democracy Party is Centre-Right holding more moderate position in politics.The party has slowly been on the decline with the floundering rule of Alexander.Tend to be very complacent in policies and have not capitalized on the new mineral wealth discovered in Greece.

The Greece Nationalist Party is a far right party which has been responsible for the military build up and the economic recovery. Their "Slogan is Greece for Greeks" and they enforce a strict immigration  policy. They are not in favor of any foreign business in Greece, and seek to conquer lands once held by Greeks with overwhelming military might, which they wish to use that new wealth to go into.

The Communist Party is a minor party that is a far left party which has never been able to secure a position.They are minor compared to the other two, but could be essential to the swing vote. They believe in helping those within their country, and building up the Greece nation. Despite being far right, they tend to agree on many policies put forth by the Nationalists, regarding the Greek people. They seek to take back lands once formerly held by Greeks, in order to acquire new wealth and  in order to create a buffer state.They seek to nationalize many of Greek's industries which are vital for war. Much of the new found wealth they wish to put into industry in order to create jobs, and field a large well equipped army.

OOC: Please ask any questions. I can always add more details.Still new to this whole role play thing.

UPDATE!!!!

[b]Elections have closed.[/b]

The winner is Theodora for the Communist party. Members of the New Democracy Party sensing that they had little chance winning with their candidate  decided to vote for the Communist Party in order to prevent the Greece Nationalist Party from winning. In the streets there was peaceful celebrations,but law enforcement was called in to ensure nothing happened. 

Later that day "United Greece" the nation's top newspaper had an interview with Theodora.

United Greece:How do you and your party feel now that you are in control?

Theodora: It is a proud day for all our comrades. We could not have done it without the New Democratic Party's unexpected support. 

United Greece: What is the first thing on your agenda now that your party holds power?

Theodora: The Greek people call out to us in other lands once held by our nation in days of the past. We seek to unite these people by what ever means possible. We hope that this will be a peaceful process. I apologize, I must go duty calls.

United Greece: Well there you have it. What the future holds could be bright or bleak.

Edited by Revan

OOC: This will come up in my role playing, just you wait.

Theodora: "I am offended that you would deem our election suspicious. Our stance on East Tennessee remains the same with the Communist Party of Greece."

OOC: This will come up in my role playing, just you wait.

Theodora: "I am offended that you would deem our election suspicious. Our stance on East Tennessee remains the same with the Communist Party of Greece."

OOC: Can't wait :P

IC: "The events in Tennessee, and your stances on such events as well, has no bearing on our views and interpretations of the elections in Greece."

Edited by JEDCJT

A Diplomatic Missive from the Red Sea Republic

We find the crushing defeat of the Greek nationalists at the hands of the communists to be most interesting. We hope that the territorial ambitions of Greece do not bring it into conflict with our brothers of the faith or Arab/African kinfolk.

Signed,
Abd al-Malik Iqbal El-Amin, President of the Red Sea Republic

"The Republic of China expresses its concerns about the rise of Communism in Greece. While Master Sun was very supportive of social welfare and solidarity in his Mínshēng principle, the Chinese shall not forget that it was the Communist Party and Mao through whom's failed policies and repressive governance, the Chinese not only lost millions of her most precious sons and daughters, but also decades of economic and social development. We advise the Greek people to not follow in the footsteps of failure."

-President and Chairwoman of the KMT, Huang Lingyin