An Ordo Paradoxia Announcement

the wompus

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1299080474' post='2649606']
With strategy and cunning.
[/quote]
You can strategically take out an air force if your opponents have a superior force? I have never seen that happen. I mean say you have 15 lvl 3 fighters but your opponent has 30 lvl 4 fighters and 5 lvl 4 bombers. Yes I had to deal with this. Its plain and simple the one with the better technology would win this fight. The only way to fix this is have someone with a better air force protect you in which a big nation will be targeted by the enemies well supported military and or you nuke their af into oblivion and hope that nuke levels the playing field out. I mean you guys can do whatever you like it just seems that nukes are needed if you are fighting an up declared battle or even fighting off a blitz nukes are what levels it out in day two if you can spread those nukes to where they are needed.

[quote name='KOwens06' timestamp='1299087533' post='2649726']
You can strategically take out an air force if your opponents have a superior force? I have never seen that happen. I mean say you have 15 lvl 3 fighters but your opponent has 30 lvl 4 fighters and 5 lvl 4 bombers. Yes I had to deal with this. Its plain and simple the one with the better technology would win this fight. The only way to fix this is have someone with a better air force protect you in which a big nation will be targeted by the enemies well supported military and or you nuke their af into oblivion and hope that nuke levels the playing field out. I mean you guys can do whatever you like it just seems that nukes are needed if you are fighting an up declared battle or even fighting off a blitz nukes are what levels it out in day two if you can spread those nukes to where they are needed.
[/quote]

If you want to take out a superior airforce, you coordinate with others in your AA to take down his fighters first, from there, you may have lost a few fighters, but at least you have enough to defend against bombers.
Nuking isn't the only solution here in TE, we do other things too, like steal money, put you in bill lock so you [b]can't launch any attacks, even Air-raids[/b]. Of course, putting someone in Bill-lock means killing all their soldiers constantly so they stay in anarchy, but this is a relatively simple feat when you coordinate correctly (like when facing a superior AF).
I've faced many superior Air forces, if you play your cards right with Dogfights, use a tad of your warchest to reinforce your fighters, and get some buddies to help you out, you can take over the superior air-force, without a nuke.

Yes, it's true, you can win a war without a nuke. :)

Hope that makes a tad more sense.

now. Have fun OP! have fun TPC!

[size="1"] :ph34r: I see you're saving your nukes for later in the round... I'm watching you :ph34r: [/size]

Nukes are rather nasty things. Lose-lose on both sides. You can have a good war without them. The real purpose of nukes is if you actually want to cripple a nation's economic ability for a round after you get peace.

This has been one heck of a war. Last night was particularly brutal on both sides (I gained about 20k casualties in 2 minutes). Easily the most bloody night of the war. I'm keeping my own stats (where are the stat guys where you need them :P) and it looks like both sides have more or less done an equal amount of damage to each other (18% loss for OP and 16% loss for TPC). Granted, many of your top guys have been more fortunate, but TPC has done extremely well considering the odds against us.

Here is the screen shot taken about 10 hours before our DoW:

[img]http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac262/thomasj_tx/OPTPC_228_118pm.jpg[/img]

TPC has lost 15,492 Infra.
OP has lost 10,267 Infra

TPC has lost 33,140 NS
OP has lost 8,931 NS

And if you notice, OP has 2 less nations. One left over a dispute about the no-nuke policy and one was expelled for violating the no-nuke order. Together they accounted for about 15,000 NS and 3,500 infra.

It has been one hell of a battle. Just goes to show that nukes are not needed to have a lot of fun and a lot of blood! :awesome:

[quote name='King James XVIII' timestamp='1299186337' post='2651459']
This has been one heck of a war. Last night was particularly brutal on both sides (I gained about 20k casualties in 2 minutes). Easily the most bloody night of the war. I'm keeping my own stats (where are the stat guys where you need them :P) and it looks like both sides have more or less done an equal amount of damage to each other (18% loss for OP and 16% loss for TPC). Granted, many of your top guys have been more fortunate, but TPC has done extremely well considering the odds against us.
[/quote]
I organized that all special for you, you must be the fastest troop rebuyer I have ever fought :) salute

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1299197667' post='2651676']
Here is the screen shot taken about 10 hours before our DoW:

[img]http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac262/thomasj_tx/OPTPC_228_118pm.jpg[/img]

TPC has lost 15,492 Infra.
OP has lost 10,267 Infra

TPC has lost 33,140 NS
OP has lost 8,931 NS

And if you notice, OP has 2 less nations. One left over a dispute about the no-nuke policy and one was expelled for violating the no-nuke order. Together they accounted for about 15,000 NS and 3,500 infra.

It has been one hell of a battle. Just goes to show that nukes are not needed to have a lot of fun and a lot of blood! :awesome:
[/quote]

I must admit I am not a math person (but I love war stats lol) but my methodology was to take the highest NS level of each alliance during wartime and crunch my numbers around that. We also lost a member, though I'm sure he wasn't as strong as the two guys you had.

As a result, what I had was...

TPC
234,973 (highest point 2/28) to 194,184 (today)= -40,789 (18%)

OP
233,736 (highest point 3/1) to 192,873 (today)= -40,863 (though some may be from your two losses)(18%)

At the end of the day though, it has been a great fight.