In Search of Artists

Garrow

[center][img]http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff434/DT427323/Gotham.png[/img][/center]

I'm looking to hire one person to customize an IPB forum skin (banner, forum buttons, etc) for my new alliance, Gotham. Based on the logo/flag above.

I am also looking for some other graphics to be made for the alliance: seals,medals, group bars, etc.

We can negotiate a reasonable price, find me in #Gotham, or shoot me a PM on the forums or in-game.

Thank you .

Edited by Garrow

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1297673992' post='2632741']
That's an awful lot of work for a start up (the forum skin). You'd be best either getting a graphics person to join, or going with one of the default skins.
[/quote]

This. Awesome flag though.

Wish I knew how to do what you're asking...

[quote name='MIKE1587' timestamp='1297684569' post='2632866']
Try this link . There are plenty of pre made skins people have submitted or you can try your hand at making your own .

http://resources.zetaboards.com/index/
[/quote]

I'm using IPB, though. Thanks.

Skinning a forum is hard work. I am sure there are a lot of people that can help you with the other graphics like buttons etc, but of course that is best done if one is in the know regarding what the skin is going to look like. Ditto for banner. I too would suggest you look at various skins available for free and settle on one that is closer to what you need. Then once you have a more concrete idea of what you need, you can set about commissioning artwork like buttons and pips etc.

Also, hopefully you are in it for the long run, artists get a bit sad when their work is abandoned due to an alliance going belly up.

[quote name='Ryuzaki' timestamp='1297682413' post='2632849']
If you want a forum skin you want someone who knows their way around CSS, unless you just want to replace the default icons.
[/quote]
The CSS knowledge for skinning IPB forums is minimal if you just use another skin as the 'base' tbh. Plus there must be a bucket load of tutorials out there. It's just time consuming and would require giving someone who isn't in the alliance admin powers.

Edited by Banksy

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1297730150' post='2633631']
The CSS knowledge for skinning IPB forums is minimal if you just use another skin as the 'base' tbh. Plus there must be a bucket load of tutorials out there. It's just time consuming and would require giving someone who isn't in the alliance admin powers.
[/quote]
True, but depending on what the desired result is it may be above what you can learn from following a tutorial.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1297730150' post='2633631']
[/quote]

There are not that many good tutorials out there, i have looked. Also, good point regarding admin powers.

One way of doing it while dodging the admin power bullet would be to set up a duplicate forum. Not that difficult to do if you have your own hosting. Even if you are using one of the free hosts, you can simply create a dummy forum on those so that the skin maker can do their stuff there. Once you have the skin as you want it on the dummy, its a simple matter of porting it from the dummy to the original.

Edited by Alfred von Tirpitz