Weezy's Comedy Show

Weezy

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1296062026' post='2602848']
In late summer 2007, NATO was an ally of \m/. It was understood, at least from the \m/ side of things, that NATO would help \m/ in case of war. When war broke out in September, NATO sided with NpO and its allies. It was perceived as a backstab by many \m/ members and continues to be so to this day.

My take on it is this: when we were making war plans in September 2007 (and I was a Triumvir, so I ought to know...), I don't recall anyone from NATO taking any of the meetings. That should have been a clue that they weren't on board for defending \m/ or following it into battle (ditto Atlantis for that matter, and they had been a \m/ protectorate). I think many members of \m/ assumed too much and didn't realize just how badly FA had been screwed by the various UjP members, not just \m/. Beyond that, NATO was populated with several recently departed, disgruntled former members of \m/, some of them fairly high ranking. I doubt they gave any sort of counsel that NATO should defend \m/.
[/quote]

Yes, but in the logs he admits to not being a member of old \m/. So what exactly is his beef?

At any rate, I don't think any of the people responsible for that are still in NATO. Hence the sins of the father, etc.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='AtheistRepublican' timestamp='1296077102' post='2603278']
Yes, but in the logs he admits to not being a member of old \m/. So what exactly is his beef?

At any rate, I don't think any of the people responsible for that are still in NATO. Hence the sins of the father, etc.
[/quote]
There were enough members of the original \m/ for the feeling to be known. He had also been hanging out with other former \m/ members, such as myself, for 2 years, since our Republic of Allied Defenses days. He may not have been a member, but there were enough former members for the feeling to be known.