More on dragon eggs (And stuff)

HeroofTime55

Is simply having the link (and NOT saing "olol clix hear pls") still considered advertising? (I removed the link from mine, and would like to know if I can have it back. If possible, I'd like a response from admin himself, as I don't think of the dragon "game" as so much a game (and especially not one that's going to make people leave CN), and when it comes down to it, he's the only one who decides stuff for the site. (I consider mod decisions to be his decisions made via proxy))

Also what about the "GRAHHHH zombie eated ur brains" thing? Chess tournaments? Sharing game codes for home console games?

Since it's up to admin what actually constitutes "advertising," I'm curious as to what guidelines he has put in place if any, or where the staff opinion generally stands on the issue. My assumtion right now is that it specifically applies to browser-based, text-based games like Cybernations. Looking for clarification.

I'm going with a game is a game and linking to it counts as advertising. This isn't an official answer obviously but I think it's pretty clear you are not aloud to link to other games on these forums, the Egg game is a game therefor its a no no

I'm going with a game is a game and linking to it counts as advertising. This isn't an official answer obviously but I think it's pretty clear you are not aloud to link to other games on these forums, the Egg game is a game therefor its a no no
See, there's no clear lines. Online chess has been allowed for ages in the water cooler.

Thing is, the rule was invoked, not because the mods saw it as a severe breach of the TOS, but because people were spamming their links in threads and signatures, looking like fools begging people to "click here."

I simply want one hyperlinked image. No begging to "click here," no posts, no advertising, or anything.

<a href="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=10174" target="_blank">http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=10174</a>

I apologize for making a second topic. I was under the impression a topic there would be for discussion and here for staff answered. Looking back, I can state with certainty that I do not have a clue what I was thinking. I apologize to the staff for wasting their time.

I post the link here because the thread content is relevant to this, as I await an answer from, hopefully, Admin himself.

EDIT: I also removed the (single, non-hyperlinked, in no way offensive, and within size restrictions) image from my sig, as asked by SoE. In a way, respectfully protesting her decision and appealing to the only one who really is in any position to say otherwise (admin). I feel that I was offended, as the image in question was nothing more than a small graphic of a dragon, and that the accusations of Advertising were misplaced.

EDIT2: I also add the question (not to be redundant, this is to admin): Can a non-linked single image, with no text or symbolic content whatsoever, be constituted as advertising?

Edited by HeroofTime55

What is your obsession with this dragon thing? Staff have made it pretty clear that the answer is no. While your appeals to admin might get it changed you are causing an awful lot of headaches for the poor mod staff who end up having to keep warning you for various things. What about this dragon egg image is worth your warn level, admins time, and the mods sanity?

I do not intend to "cause the staff hedaches" with this. If these questions are answered, I'm not going to continue pushing my already far-overstreched luck, I'm going to drop the issue.

It's probably stupid of me to be the one bringing the topic up, but I would like answers. Right now, I'm prety much walking the edge of a knife, and I would like to know exactly what I can and cannot do. Because if I'm not exact in my actions, my time here is going to meet a premature end.

...Speaking of which, I'm going now to throughly read and re-read the rules, something I'm betting many people haven't done...