An Announcement From SoA

kingknon

[quote name='Grumpdogg' timestamp='1289921915' post='2514649']
I hope your thoughts aren't straying from noble Justitia my good man.
[/quote]
I can assure you this is only a momentary abberation...

Anyway, congrats to SoA. CoJ did it...you can do it too. You can make it to one mil. Make these naysayers eat their words. :smug:

[quote name='Burnsey' timestamp='1289929389' post='2514798']
For them, maybe. Post it in embassies or something similar, 100k isn't a huge deal (no offense SoA) to us so I can understand the "Keep this off the boards posts" I personally could care less but I think announcing 100k NS milestone is pointless.
[/quote]
Well, at least the second part of your post was constructive criticism. <_<

And to an up and coming alliance, I beg to differ...100k is most certainly a big deal. And it's not like it was the ONLY thing they announced. People seem to be forgetting and focusing only on that aspect of the announcemenbt. :P

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say this announcement does sound like something which belongs in an internal newsletter but then I think that of all milestone announcements and most announcements in general. On the other hand I most look forward to your 200k announcement in the hopes it will annoy others as much as it has here.

Anyone can attempt mass recruitment and see some success. It seems to be forgotten how not everyone sees that as the preferable method and what might be small achievements in growth for it can actually be significant to less aggressive or more exclusive methods thus warranting these smaller milestone announcements.

[quote name='Hyperbad' timestamp='1289940129' post='2515016']
I must say this announcement does sound like something which belongs in an internal newsletter but then I think that of all milestone announcements and most announcements in general. On the other hand I most look forward to your 200k announcement in the hopes it will annoy others as much as it has here.

Anyone can attempt mass recruitment and see some success. It seems to be forgotten how not everyone sees that as the preferable method and what might be small achievements in growth for it can actually be significant to less aggressive or more exclusive methods thus warranting these smaller milestone announcements.
[/quote]

I think it was said (or at least implied) in the OP that they wouldn't be making any more milestone announcements until they had half a million.

Edited by Uralica

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' timestamp='1289935846' post='2514914']
Well, at least the second part of your post was constructive criticism. <_<

[b]And to an up and coming alliance, I beg to differ...100k is most certainly a big deal.[/b] And it's not like it was the ONLY thing they announced. People seem to be forgetting and focusing only on that aspect of the announcemenbt. :P
[/quote]
To them maybe. That's why I said "in embassies or something" or what someone else said, in newsletters.

[quote name='Uralica' timestamp='1289940709' post='2515024']
I think it was said (or at least implied) in the OP that they wouldn't be making any more milestone announcements until they had half a million.
[/quote]
Yeah, it's implied but still, one can hope since milestones don't always match up with goals and visa versa.

[quote name='Karolina' timestamp='1289937183' post='2514950']
What words? Nobody's said they won't, or can't, grow to one million strength.
[/quote]
Yes, but you have announced to the public this is not announcement worthy. :P

[quote name='Burnsey' timestamp='1289940954' post='2515034']
To them maybe. That's why I said "in embassies or something" or what someone else said, in newsletters.
[/quote]
Maybe it doesn't matter to someone who is or was at one point part of a major alliance, but for the smaller alliances out there, it gives a sense of accomplishment, saying that 'see? You can do it too if you try.'

All we have here, is a load of idiots complaining that SoA only made an announcement of 100k alliance nations strength, why dont they look at the announce ment again and see someone was appointed to gov, WHICH IS SOMETHING WE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT. :)

also, in australia is $%&@en.

[quote name='daggarz' timestamp='1289926403' post='2514752']
Would have* $%&@en hell, its english mate.
Anyway, called upon by the mystes, Congrats dudes. !@#$@#$ epic milestone. I hope you get a million more you deserve it.
[/quote]
[quote name='daggarz' timestamp='1289928037' post='2514772']
I kind of want to hit you for a minute. 1. because you used of instead of have AGAIN and secondly because you tried to correct my english by using american. Oh the humanity OH THE HUMANITY
[/quote]

Too many pints of Stella? Yeah, when you're going to come in here threatening to hit a woman over grammatical errors, you'd better make sure your English is !@#$@#$ spot on.

Oh and if you've not sobered up and realised yet, it isn't.

Congratulations on your milestone, however minor it may be SoA and best of luck to the new government too.