Freedom

Franz Ferdinand

With the fall of the Maritime Republic of J Andres, the status of the former protectorates fell into question. Nobody knew what would happen, the green-eyes of the bordering imperialists peering in, plotting to gain profit for nothing was the most felt sentiment.

Two men, located in the city of Phoenix rallied the masses around them, spreading promise of a united front against those who wished to plunder the great lands. Slowly, but surely, the masses listened, with regions within the state of Arizona pledging their allegiance to these men.

Over time, their message spread to the neighbouring regions of Utah, Colorado and New Mexico. Once a stable presence was established, it was time for these unusually charismatic men to speak up, to establish their presence.

"My friends, it has been some time since our former protectors, the Maritime Republic of J Andres fell to their masses and was stripped apart by their imperialistic neighbours. We owe it to the Republic for safe-guarding us from harm and allowing for a reasonable base from which to build up from."

The man, at this time, resorted to gesture with his hands to get his point across.

"The times, they are changing, we must be ready to stand on our own two feet, and with the great states of Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico and Utah behind us, we shall stand united and prosper through a new Golden Age. Now is a time for change!"

The crowd, now around the hundreds of thousands, let out a cheer, all coming from all manner of places.

"This is why, I, Ron Jeremy, hereby decree that from this day forward, me, my dear friend Evan Stone here and everyone here shall work to further unite and stand side-by-side against those who wish to destroy or inhibit our rightly earned freedom. From this moment on... WE SHALL BE KNOWN AS THE AMERICAN UNION!"

As soon as the sentenced was finishing, the crowd let out patriotic chants and embraced one another. The freedom which they had greatly cherished had finally happened.

"The American Union shall have the birthplace of the message, here in Phoenix, to hereby be the capital city and where the government shall reside. Our neighbours in the states of Sonora and Chihuahua have expressed an interest in joining us, however, so not to cause any potential harm to us, we shall operate delicately and will request for the transfer of those states to join us. Hopefully, the Holy American Empire will look favourably upon us and accept our request.

The state of Wyoming, while not entirely agreeing with our ideology, does have a decent proportion of fellow comrades within their borders. A potential agreement with them could be established to allow them to join us and as a result, help broaden our great borders in such a way that we shall become a stronger, yet more united people!

Now, my friends, the world media are watching us on this most glorious of nights, let us hope that they will accept our legitimacy and our rightful sovereignty for we are truly a magnificent people!"

Interestingly enough, no such poll indicating support from the populace had been conducted. It was... interesting to note that the newly formed state to the north would have such ambitions for Imperial territory, and as such 40,000 soldiers were deployed to the area.

Troops from the UKIM Third Army have taken control of Wyoming and have established a provisional authority to govern the land before a full government of the United Kingdom of Idaho and Montana can take control.

Private/Classified-
The Home Army of 200,000 troops has been flown home from Labrador and returns to Boise

[center][quote]
From Ron Jeremy, leader of the American Union
To: Emperor of the Holy American Empire

Dear glorious leader,

Please forgive my... over-eagerness in the speech. I notice you have built up a heavy military presence around the border, and this is understandable. Look, I had being informed by fellow comrades within those states that there was a reasonable proportion of the citizens interested in joining the American Union. Admittedly, I should have been more humble in my speech, but I'm sure that you've also suffered from moments of true passion and patriotism.

We consider the two states in question desirable due to the connection to the sea which if acquired, would provide us with a means of developing at a much greater level because being landlocked really does limit your options while forcing you to suffer a blow to sovereignty to do many of the things which make a nation free.

Therefore, I hope you do not see my speech as offensive to you or your great people, in fact, I believe that if we work together, then we might be able to bring stability between our two glorious nations and maybe even strengthen our respective economies?

[i]Yours Faithfully,

[b]Ron Jeremy[/i][/b]

PS: Please excuse my ignorance, yet by any chance do you have a formal name, or would being called 'Emperor' suffice?[/quote][/center]

[quote]
To: Ron Jeremy, leader of the American Union
From: Emperor Holihan, sovereign of the Holy American Empire

Start Message:

The submission of Sonora and Chihuahua to foreign rule is quite frankly repugnant and contrary to the Empire's current defense needs and future plans for safety and consolidation of both Baja California and the islands off the coast of thereof. Thus we have a counter-proposal which will be mutually beneficial for our parties. North America is a harsh place and one which the Empire has taken pains to stay out of. As such we hereby offer the following items.
- The State of Nevada
- The San Fernando Valley
- California bar the exception of San Luis Obispo, Kern, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, Imperial, Riverside and San Bernardino, which will be integrated into the Empire.
In addition, the Empire will pledge to protect the American Union until such a time as the Union has secured its' hold and established itself as a stable, noteworthy presence in America.

Message End.
[/quote]

Edited by Shadowsage

[quote]From: Ron Jeremy, leader of the American Union
To: Emperor Holihan, sovereign of the Holy American Empire

Dear, Emperor Holihan,

Your terms are extremely generous and we agree unconditionally to them. May we stand united against the enemies of the world! To make this official, may I recommend that we a sign a treaty that has just been drafted by our statisticians tailor-made to your offer?

[quote][center][size=5]Carson City Accords[/size]

[b]Preamble:[/b]
We, the signatories of the American Union and the Holy American Empire, desiring to contribute to the overall stability of our subsequent homelands, while at the same time, living in peace and harmony, have agreed on the following articles:

[b]Article I:[/b]
The American Union and the Holy American Empire, hereby decree that they agree to sign this treaty to promote closer ties of friendship, and to offer their resources to the other in the name of defence of their opposite brethren.

[b]Article II:[/b]
If any information or intelligence is obtained which might be of importance to either party, it must be shared to better protect the ability of either party.

[b]Article III:[/b]
Resources can flow freely through both parties, through the art-form of import/export. Borders shall also be permanently open between both nations, unless an event of severe political note occurs, which requires dealings from nobody outside of said nation.

[b]Article IV:[/b]
As a result of this treaty, the American Union shall be placed under the Protection of the Holy American Empire, thus expressing the desire to keeping the sovereignty of the American Union intact.

[b]Article V:[/b]
As a sign of goodwill, the state of Nevada, the San Fernando Valley plus the rest of California with the exception of San Luis Obispo, Kern, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, Imperial, Riverside and San Bernardino.

[b]Article VI:[/b]
If either nation wishes to disengage from this treaty, then a 72 hour notification period must be served.

[b]Signed for the American Union,[/b]

[i]Ron Jeremy, Leader of the American Union
Evan Stone, Vice-Leader of the American Union[/i]

Signed for the Holy American Empire,
[/center][/quote]

I hope that this message reaches you well and is exactly as you desired,
[i]
Yours Sincerely,

[b]Ron Jeremy[/i][/b][/quote]

"Good citizens of the world, today is a new day in terms of North America. The American Union has found an ally and has become even greater than ever before! With this in mind, we wish to announce that Nevada and parts of California have become members of our great nation! The Holy American Empire are truly amazing people, and we can't wait to stand side-by-side and help them any way we can. Needless to say, the details of the treaty are as follows:

[quote][center][size=5]Carson City Accords[/size]

[b]Preamble:[/b]
We, the signatories of the American Union and the Holy American Empire, desiring to contribute to the overall stability of our subsequent homelands, while at the same time, living in peace and harmony, have agreed on the following articles:

[b]Article I:[/b]
The American Union and the Holy American Empire, hereby decree that they agree to sign this treaty to promote closer ties of friendship, and to offer their resources to the other in the name of defence of their opposite brethren.

[b]Article II:[/b]
If any information or intelligence is obtained which might be of importance to either party, it must be shared to better protect the ability of either party.

[b]Article III:[/b]
Resources can flow freely through both parties, through the art-form of import/export. Borders shall also be permanently open between both nations, unless an event of severe political note occurs, which requires dealings from nobody outside of said nation.

[b]Article IV:[/b]
As a result of this treaty, the American Union shall be placed under the Protection of the Holy American Empire, thus expressing the desire to keeping the sovereignty of the American Union intact.

[b]Article V:[/b]
As a sign of goodwill, the state of Nevada, the San Fernando Valley plus the rest of California with the exception of San Luis Obispo, Kern, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, Imperial, Riverside and San Bernardino.

[b]Article VI:[/b]
If either nation wishes to disengage from this treaty, then a 72 hour notification period must be served.

[b]Signed for the American Union,[/b]

[i]Ron Jeremy, Leader of the American Union
Evan Stone, Vice-Leader of the American Union[/i]

[b]Signed for the Holy American Empire,[/b]

[i]Emperor Kevin Holihan
Heir Primus Roxas[/i][/center][/quote]

May our two nations grow gloriously during these next few years!"

[quote name='graniteknight' timestamp='1289080492' post='2504289']
Troops from the UKIM Third Army have taken control of Wyoming and have established a provisional authority to govern the land before a full government of the United Kingdom of Idaho and Montana can take control.

Private/Classified-
The Home Army of 200,000 troops has been flown home from Labrador and returns to Boise
[/quote]
"After noting an increased amount of military presence by the Idaho government within the state of Wyoming. The American Union wishes to decry this breach of sovereignty on the part of the people of Wyoming. We also fear that the Idaho government is plotting some kind of invasion on us, and as a result, we request that they withdraw from Wyoming and return to their Idaho-Montana borders."

[quote name='graniteknight' timestamp='1289088787' post='2504435']
IC- The United Kingdom of Idaho and Montana had laid a claim to the former J Andres protectorate of Wyoming ages before your micronation even was conceived of
[/quote]
"This... disembodied whisper from the shadows... telling me that the United Kingdom of Idaho and Montana expanded into somebody else's sphere of influence with wanton disregard for the wishes of the Maritime Republic of J Andres? Strange... oh well, might have to watch them."

IC- The Maritime Republic let all of its protectorates go when it fell, Wyoming was one of those protectorates. Therefore, Troops were moved into Wyoming in order to reclaim the land and save it from anarchy, this was all done in the time period before your nation was created, therefore, the troops of the UKIM were in Wyoming before your government was set up.- UKIM Ministry of Foreign Affairs

"The Republic of Amarna recognizes The American Union. We hope for you to have many years of prosperity and peace in the existence of this great world. At this time, we would also like to publicly support the American Union on the matter of Wyoming. The imperialistic tendencies of the UKIM are appalling as we saw right when we become a nation. We hope this matter can be solved peacefully and that the UKIM back down. " - John Adharran, President of the Republic of Amarna

Edited by Baskan

[quote name='graniteknight' timestamp='1289089602' post='2504455']
IC- The Maritime Republic let all of its protectorates go when it fell, Wyoming was one of those protectorates. Therefore, Troops were moved into Wyoming in order to reclaim the land and save it from anarchy, this was all done in the time period before your nation was created, therefore, the troops of the UKIM were in Wyoming before your government was set up.- UKIM Ministry of Foreign Affairs
[/quote]
"However, from what has been gathered, the people of Wyoming appear to have been more aiming towards becoming an independent entity and not being absorbed by one of their neighbours. What do you really gain from forcefully taking such a place?"

[quote name='graniteknight' timestamp='1289090009' post='2504464']
IC: How has your "government" been able to determine anything of the wishes of the people of Wyoming when you have barely been a nation-state for any length of time?
[/quote]
"From speaking with citizens of the state of Wyoming, of course. After talking with a great few of them, the general consensus was your invasion was unwarranted."

[quote name='Baskan' timestamp='1289089801' post='2504459']
"The Republic of Amarna recognizes The American Union. We hope for you to have many years of prosperity and peace in the existence of this great world. At this time, we would also like to publicly support the American Union on the matter of Wyoming. The imperialistic tendencies of the UKIM are appalling as we saw right when we become a nation. We hope this matter can be solved peacefully and that the UKIM back down. " - John Adharran, President of the Republic of Amarna
[/quote]

"The American Union wishes to thank the Republic Amarna for their recognise and are very happy with their view on the illegal exploitation of Wyoming by the United Kingdom of Idaho-Montana."