3 anouncements for everyone

Andover

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1286463469' post='2477937']
Are you seriously suggesting that because GCU attacked two nations, they somehow won the war?

Don't skirt around the edges here; Andover disbanded because he was the only member, [i]not because GCU was at war with ERA[/i].
[/quote]

His members abandoned his alliance because of the attacks from GCU, and then Andover disbanded because he was the only member. I don't understand how you can arrive at a different logical conclusion than this.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1286463469' post='2477937']
Are you seriously suggesting that because GCU attacked two nations, they somehow won the war?

Don't skirt around the edges here; Andover disbanded because he was the only member, [i]not because GCU was at war with ERA[/i].
[/quote]

ERA was at 3 nations when GCU attacked, they couldn't attack Andover because they had no one in range.
ERA fell to 1 member because of the war with GCU.
ERA lost support of RED.
Andover disbands ERA/LION disolves.

Andover isn't going to admit that the war was the reason for disbanding but it clearly was because they lost their members because of it.

So yes, it's because GCU attacked 2 nations, that's 2 out of 3 nations.

I might also add that Andover didn't aid any of his nations at war.

If I was a member of ERA, I would have left too, as well as declaring that GCU won :smug:

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1286463907' post='2477939']
LION didn't get involved in this war. Yes, they declared but for the last time, [b]there were no IG attacks[/b].

No, disbanding doesn't really count as surrender. For it to be surrender, someone actually has to say "We surrender!" :blink:

By all means, construe ERA's disbandment as a surrender. Just don't forget that Andover couldn't actually fight GCU because none of you were even half his size. ^_^
[/quote]

yea thats the part that confused me i was expecting more from ERA...
i thought Andover was going to flood the other two with war aid
but he only send 3mil to one and then he left...they kinda went down
quietly -_-

[quote name='Logan' timestamp='1286464080' post='2477940']
His members abandoned his alliance because of the attacks from GCU, and then Andover disbanded because he was the only member. I don't understand how you can arrive at a different logical conclusion than this.
[/quote]
Then the members surrendered, not Andover or ERA. Get it in your head that Andover disbanded because he was the only member and could not continue the war.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1286464568' post='2477941']
ERA was at 3 nations when GCU attacked, they couldn't attack Andover because they had no one in range.
ERA fell to 1 member because of the war with GCU.
ERA lost support of RED.
Andover disbands ERA/LION disolves.

Andover isn't going to admit that the war was the reason for disbanding but it clearly was because they lost their members because of it.

So yes, it's because GCU attacked 2 nations, that's 2 out of 3 nations.

I might also add that Andover didn't aid any of his nations at war.

If I was a member of ERA, I would have left too, as well as declaring that GCU won :smug:
[/quote]
My point of issue lies with GCU claiming victory when they haven't actually won. :smug:

[quote name='vladimer lennin' timestamp='1286464873' post='2477944']
yea thats the part that confused me i was expecting more from ERA...
i thought Andover was going to flood the other two with war aid
but he only send 3mil to one and then he left...they kinda went down
quietly -_-
[/quote]
You need to learn the aid mechanics. And probably the war ones, just in case.

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1286466020' post='2477948']
Then the members surrendered, not Andover or ERA. Get it in your head that Andover disbanded because he was the only member and could not continue the war.

My point of issue lies with GCU claiming victory when they haven't actually won. :smug:

You need to learn the aid mechanics. And probably the war ones, just in case.
[/quote]

are you serious :lol1: if he could not continue the war that means
he lost...

[quote name='vladimer lennin' timestamp='1286466441' post='2477951']
are you serious :lol1: if he could not continue the war that means
he lost...
[/quote]
You don't get it...

He couldn't continue the war because you weren't strong enough to hit him.

You could vice versa that and say he couldn't continue because he wasn't weak enough to hit you, but that's even more fail. :v:

Edit: Typocheck.

Edited by Hadrian

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1286466020' post='2477948']
[/quote]

I'm saying ERA disbanded because of their war with GCU, and you keep using the same circular argument that proves this point. If Andover disbanded because he was the only member, then one need to look for a further cause as to why he was the only member. This cause was that GCU had successfully attacked all the ERA members besides Andover and made them flee from the alliance. From this we can say that GCU were the cause of ERA disbanding.

[quote name='Logan' timestamp='1286467030' post='2477957']
I'm saying ERA disbanded because of their war with GCU, and you keep using the same circular argument that proves this point. If Andover disbanded because he was the only member, then one need to look for a further cause as to why he was the only member. This cause was that GCU had successfully attacked all the ERA members besides Andover and made them flee from the alliance. From this we can say that GCU were the cause of ERA disbanding.
[/quote]
Again, my issue is with GCU claiming victory when they haven't won anything. A disbandment in a war isn't tantamount to a victory.

Edit: To clarify..a disbandment in a [i]micro[/i] war isn't tantamount to a victory. ;)

Edited by Hadrian

[color="#FF0000"]I see a lot of talk about GCU, both possitive and, by a few, surprisingly unfriendly.

During the last few days we had the pleasure to meet them quite well both on IRC and in the GCU embassy in our forums. Despite their young age, they look level headed and democratic enough to be concidered part of the tradition that gave birth to LSF and Int in the past. And they know how to make progress in little time. With this in mind, and after having worked for peace with RED, LSF is now concidering to accept GCU's request for a protectorate. This treaty should be presented to you very soon :) .[/color]

Edited by Trikoupis

The war definately had 0 impact on my decision to disband ERA (and by doing so dissolve LION)

We dropped to 1 member, me, yeah I cant attack them and they couldnt touch me, but the main issue was that I didnt want to be bothered with all the effort to recruit back up again. ERA was on a dive before the war even began, we had 6 members at the end of the 2nd CCCP war, 1 left, then 2 where deleted (unsure if it was by the Admin or themselves deleting the nation), leaving 3 when the war started.

ERA was slowly dying and I knew it, I had been considering posting a disbandment when we finally got down to just me on the AA before the war started.

When your alliance is on a steady downward trend like that you know its over and I felt the time had come to let ERA rest in peace.

Edited by Andover