The Abyss response to a DOW

ReadyFireAIm

[quote name='Prozenz' date='15 July 2010 - 11:04 PM' timestamp='1279253037' post='2374099']
Any stat of this war?
[/quote]

Stats would be inaccurate at this point. The opposing side had higher numbers all around, and any losses on their side were diminished by the high number of nations joining them after the start of the war. Mostly the Betamax and LE Cadet nations.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ReadyFireAIm' date='16 July 2010 - 05:33 AM' timestamp='1279254812' post='2374161']
Stats would be inaccurate at this point. The opposing side had higher numbers all around, and any losses on their side were diminished by the high number of nations joining them after the start of the war. Mostly the Betamax and LE Cadet nations.
[/quote]

Lol.
Abyss accuse their attackers of a curbstomp and throw figures around like no ones business and when someone asks for stats all we get is "Stats would be inaccurate" and then another dive into how many guys jumped in after the DoW.
A quick check on Abyss shows how many joined them post DoW. You can't argue with that figure.

What I don't get is why LE never got any grief from our last war with Pork Shrimp. For anyone that has ever endured an attack from PS, it's not the sort of thing you want popping up on the radar, but there was never a suggestion of curbstomping or a complaint by either side about the way the war went.

[quote name='Son of Taeper' date='16 July 2010 - 06:27 AM' timestamp='1279283207' post='2374373']
Lol.
Abyss accuse their attackers of a curbstomp and throw figures around like no ones business and when someone asks for stats all we get is "Stats would be inaccurate" and then another dive into how many guys jumped in after the DoW.
A quick check on Abyss shows how many joined them post DoW. You can't argue with that figure.

What I don't get is why LE never got any grief from our last war with Pork Shrimp. For anyone that has ever endured an attack from PS, it's not the sort of thing you want popping up on the radar, but there was never a suggestion of curbstomping or a complaint by either side about the way the war went.
[/quote]

Ahhh, the LE war. If only I'd had a big enough WC. I miss the days when the DOW thread was for competitive banter instead of....whatever you want to call most of what's been going this war.

[quote name='Cellardoor' date='16 July 2010 - 01:40 PM' timestamp='1279283982' post='2374375']
Ahhh, the LE war. If only I'd had a big enough WC. I miss the days when the DOW thread was for competitive banter instead of....whatever you want to call most of what's been going this war.
[/quote]
You guys declared, you had plenty of warning to get a warchest :P
Much respect for you all.

Edited by Son of Taeper

[quote name='Son of Taeper' date='16 July 2010 - 09:55 AM' timestamp='1279295724' post='2374544']
You guys declared, you had plenty of warning to get a warchest :P
Much respect for you all.
[/quote]

As I recall, I was desperately trying to get into nuke range. I can't remember who my target was...

Suffice it to say, an error while purchasing on my phone pretty much screwed me there. I was trying to hold off Durden, Infinite Citadel and two more on each day's collection....

...in anarchy.

Either way, most fun I've had in a war yet. I enjoy fighting you guys.

I'd say my fondest wars were either the Breakfast War with RE/TPF or the OP war I had.

However, that last round where I fought almost two dozen opponents including an angry LE member who wouldn't let it go that I defended myself from a raid, and I think at least one guy from 1/2 of the sanctioned alliances... that was interesting.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='16 July 2010 - 11:05 AM' timestamp='1279299887' post='2374646']
I'd say my fondest wars were either the Breakfast War with RE/TPF or the OP war I had.

However, that last round where I fought almost two dozen opponents including an angry LE member who wouldn't let it go that I defended myself from a raid, and I think at least one guy from 1/2 of the sanctioned alliances... that was interesting.
[/quote]

That was indeed interesting. I spent literally half the round in war, and the first two weeks hardly count. I fought PSx4 or 5, an unaligned friend in PS, Catharsisx6, 3 REs, and a Fark, and two others I can't remember. I spent 10 days selling infra to pay bills and continue bombing runs.

[quote name='Shaazzam' date='16 July 2010 - 12:43 PM' timestamp='1279305820' post='2374817']
I still have bad dreams of Bear Island.
[/quote]

QF MF T. And I wasn't even on him.

[quote name='ReadyFireAIm' date='15 July 2010 - 07:06 PM' timestamp='1279238782' post='2373784']
CDT fought a 1v1 war with OP two rounds ago. And a 1v1 war with LE last round. You're just sore that CDT also happened to attack TPF (and I think TPC once) in previous rounds. Seriously, you're the last person that should be calling others out for this.
[/quote]

Thats right, you did hit OP the round before....Forgot about that, but didn't they just come out of a war or was already
waring with another Aliance, either way, it was the only war all round you were in :P Also you never hit TPF, BUT yes you
did hit TPC but as stated in my post only after we were at war with 2 or 3 other AA's, and you waited 3 or 4 days to make
sure you had WC's and a healthy build up of troops. Not to mention you had more nukes than us, you know the same very
thing your complaining about now. Only difference is they didn't wait till the war was mostly over before the other alliance jumped in...Call it honor :smug:

No worries though, I don't hold grudges as what I said, "What comes around goes around" besides I think we won that war anyway,lol!

Really though, lighten up its only a game.

BG.

Edited by Burning Glory

[quote name='Cellardoor' date='16 July 2010 - 02:53 PM' timestamp='1279309983' post='2374893']
QF MF T. And I wasn't even on him.
[/quote]

Thanks! I didn't mean to give you bad dreams though, just a little waking update terror. :)

Fish

[quote name='Burning Glory' date='16 July 2010 - 03:40 PM' timestamp='1279312797' post='2374956']
Thats right, you did hit OP the round before....Forgot about that, but didn't they just come out of a war or was already
waring with another Aliance, either way, it was the only war all round you were in :P Also you never hit TPF, BUT yes you
did hit TPC but as stated in my post only after we were at war with 2 or 3 other AA's, and you waited 3 or 4 days to make
sure you had WC's and a healthy build up of troops. Not to mention you had more nukes than us, you know the same very
thing your complaining about now. Only difference is they didn't wait till the war was mostly over before the other alliance jumped in...Call it honor :smug:

No worries though, I don't hold grudges as what I said, "What comes around goes around" besides I think we won that war anyway,lol!

Really though, lighten up its only a game.

BG.
[/quote]

I'm not that started bringing up stuff from previous rounds. I try to start over each round. Just for the record, CDT did attack TPF about 3 rounds back, when we went to war with GDA and then TPF.

Edited by ReadyFireAIm