Game update

TE is to be short time game ...then it restarts.

To speed it up and make it more interesting for a larger group

I would suggest instead of the game update being a midnight server time

You have updates at Noon and midnight

1 you would grow faster
2 people that can't be up all night would be able to attack at update (noon)
3 causes people to be more active
4 cause a change in many tactics..
5 expands interest level, causes expanded donations

Not a bad idea. This solves the whole business about the current server update time being so hard for so much of the globe to be on for. A lot of people have suggested a rotating update time, but this would probably be a lot easier to code.

[quote]5 expands interest level, causes expanded donations[/quote]

With regard to this, I think this suggestion might even the field a bit for people who don't donate. It's 60 days and 3 possible donations now, it would be 120 and 3 then. Donations still matter a lot, especially for flag chasers - but the overall impact on it on your nation is lessened. It's harder to be a flag contender when you don't donate and other nations that build as well as you do, DO donate.

As well, no one ever looks at these threads anyways :P

Edited by Clash

Donations are pointless.

As for a double update, it will resolve to nations reaching incredible NS heights and being outside the declaration range of virtually anyone. Not a good plan if you ask me.

Variable update for each nation, let the nation choose their nation's timezone for instance, and midnight that timezone is your update. Say I chose something +12 hours on Central, well then my update goes from 1am to 1pm and other nations can still quad me at their time, but then I can quad them back at mine.

War would be a lot less about who is on at update to who is the better fighter, able to manipulate themselves to the better troop levels and be better prepared for war.

I definitely support the idea of variable updates, or updates that players could choose for themselves that Lonewolfe brought up- I think it would add a new layer of strategy to the game. Plus, it'd be a good test for implementation in SE.

"expands interest level, causes expanded donations "

I said this because With the game moving faster more people would want to play and this alone would expand the number of people that might donate.

expanded interest because if you are only online playing the game once a day then you may have been hit with 4 attack cycles (2 at each update).

So to CYA you would need to check on you nation more than once a day.

"War would be a lot less about who is on at update"

This statement is very true... For me updates are at 1 AM and I get up at 4 AM to go to work, so I am never up at updates.

This would level the playing field for us working people.

" will resolve to nations reaching incredible NS heights and being outside the declaration range of virtually anyone"

Some nations might grow to higher NS but they can get slapped down easier also

"Variable update for each nation"

Played a game with variable updates Galava. Your update was every 6 hours from the time you created your nation, That was to many times a day

but you up date being the birth time of your nation was interesting. It take away having 3 nations jumping you at update unless they all started at same time

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I will be the turd in the punch bowl.

I think that the relative lack of interest in TE (most of which comes from SE) is not because TE moves too slowly. The majority of SE players nurture their nations, if if be economy building, politics building, military building or war chest building.

TE is fast paced, relatively speaking. The changes y'all are talking about might make TE more fast paced. But that is not what will get more SE players to come to TE.

The only things that will get SE players over to TE are PR from us TE players and things that will make their transition more acceptable and enjoyable.

For instance, wars should not start for 3 - 4 days. That way the noobs would have a bit more time to get accustomed to TE. I KNOW.... that will cut down on our ability to tech raid in the early day. That is a trade off for more players.

If we want more players (is that what we want?) then we need to figure out how to get more SE players over to TE and also how to keep them and keep them coming back.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' timestamp='1279131501' post='2371245']
Variable update for each nation, let the nation choose their nation's timezone for instance, and midnight that timezone is your update. Say I chose something +12 hours on Central, well then my update goes from 1am to 1pm and other nations can still quad me at their time, but then I can quad them back at mine.
[/quote]

I like this idea a lot, it would take care of the unfair advantage people who can be on at update have.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Enzos' timestamp='1280498482' post='2394980']
I like this idea a lot, it would take care of the unfair advantage people who can be on at update have.
[/quote]

I've suggested this numerous times. I/we have brought in all kinds of guys that won't play SE because they find it boring. They are looking for WAR games and this is not a bad one. The issue that continues to drive them away after a round or two is the update time. It truly needs to either:
1 - rotate through the clock (23 or 25 hour day)
2 - updates noon and midnight game time
3 - each player chooses their update time when they create their nation

All three would go a long way to keep the wargamer types involved in TE. New blood not drawn from SE in the main. Also suits a more international player base which could/would I think lead to growth in the player base.

Though as mentioned - no-one reads these suggestions anyway :mad: