Hotel Dalian

MercyFallout

OOC: This is a semi-open RP. I request that only people who where on good terms with my former nation (Empire of Shilla) and my old character (Emperor Kee Hyuk Kim) to show up to this though I won't throw anyone out for joining in. This, more or less, is just a little reunion of old RP buddies (I suppose).

IC:

== Dalian, Rebel Army ==

She had a very regal air about her. No one was quite sure how to put it or who she really was but she seemed to be a very familiar figure. She was more beautiful than any of them had seen and had the most peculiar hair color. It was very light, almost white, but had a bit of a blue tint. No one had seen anyone like her before and they were all mesmerized. Of course, she didn't spend much time on the streets of Dalian. In fact, most of the people who saw her only saw her as she walked from the door of her vehicle to the door of her hotel. As she entered, the marvelous lobby of Dalian's finest hotel was sparkling and, aside from those working there, was empty. As she entered, the two rows of maids arranged along a magnificent red carpet running from the door to the reception desk bowed deeply.

She walked carefully but with unparalleled form and balance, almost as if she were gliding over the carpet rather than walking. Behind her came several men wearing black suits who all but had "SECURITY" written all over them and some attendants. Near the end of the carpet, the manager of the hotel bowed deeply in respect.

"Sungyeong, it has been quite a while since we last met."

"Indeed it has, your majesty."

"That title means nothing, you know that."

"It still does in this city, your majesty."

She sighed.

"Well if you must. Has my room been prepared?"

"Of course. We have only but the finest of our suites prepared for Her Majesty, [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=58621"]Princess Kim Hye Jin[/url]."

"Very well, take me to them."

"At once."

--------------------------------

The hotel suite was indeed large and well furbished, however none of that really phased Hye Jin. This suite was the same that she and her father had stayed in during all of their time in Dalian after the assimilation of the Empire of Shilla into the Rebel Army. Tears formed slightly in her eyes but she brushed them away and then turned to her aides.

"Please send out the invitations as soon as they are finished."

And so they did.

--------------------------------

To the friends of my father,

Greetings. Most of you remember me as the little child who hid behind her father during his diplomatic visits as the Emperor of Shilla. Some of you have met me since the end of the Empire. However, all of you met and knew my father well. And thus, I write to you to inform you of his passing from this world. My father, who survived numerous assassination attempts on his life, has succumbed at last to the one bullet we all cannot dodge: fate. Thus, it is my sad duty to invite you all to the funeral and cremation of my late father, the former Emperor Kim Kee Hyuk that will take place on the 12th of July, 2010. The location of this event is enclosed.

With all due respect,

Kim Hye Jin,
Crown Princess of Shilla

Though she was saddened by the small showing, she wasn't too surprised. The death of her father had been sudden and he had been hiding under the radar, so to speak, for quite some time. The funeral had been somewhat rushed but what had to be done had to be done.

In the end, it was just her, what was left of her family (a few distant cousins who were past the prime of their lives), and some of her father's most trusted advisers. It was a small ceremony, but a beautiful one.

When it was all over, Hye Jin thanked everyone for coming and then with an icy coldness in her eyes left the burial site here on a hill outside of Dalian.

[quote name='Sargun' date='16 July 2010 - 10:35 AM' timestamp='1279290889' post='2374465']
OOC: why are people so mean to mercy ;_;
to be fair to myself, my former leader's last RP was him sitting in a plane that got shot down by a missile and you quit far before that
[/quote]

[quote name='Triyun' date='16 July 2010 - 01:34 PM' timestamp='1279301651' post='2374695']
OOC: He said only people who were on friendly terms with his nation when it ended, there are only a few left.
[/quote]

OOC: Eh. I didn't expect many people (if any at all) to show up. As Triyun said, there aren't many from my good ol' days left. :P