Declare war range

The +/- 250 nations rule should be added to TE aswell.

Cyber Nations Tournament Edition Index states...

#18 - Keep CN Standard politics out of CN:TE and vice versa. CN:TE is a place to wage war and destroy stuff.

It vexes me that people stand the greatest chance of winning by avoiding war in a game supposedly designed for war. By adding the above rule, the actual fighters and war mongerers get a chance to fight the top nations. Currently the only way to hit an infra hugger, like the current #1 who has 0 attacking casualties, is by being an infra hugger until the end and then attacking these infra huggers. Only #26 nations can attack the current #1.

Anyway, drunken rant over. Thoughts?

We've been over this in other threads, but we think instead of +/- 250, it should be a higher declaration range in general, which I'd be in favor of.

If it's blanket +/- 250 there is greater room for manipulation depending on how destroyed the other nations are. (Warslot filling advantage)

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='22 June 2010 - 10:56 PM' timestamp='1277243799' post='2346977']
I think that nations should be allowed to declare on ANY ONE, regardless of range that is ABOVE their ranking, but not below it.
[/quote]
[quote name='Fizzydog' date='22 June 2010 - 10:56 PM' timestamp='1277243799' post='2346977']
I think that nations should be allowed to declare on ANY ONE, regardless of range that is ABOVE their ranking, but not below it.
[/quote]

i agree with this, but you should be allowed to declare on people who are lower than you up to a certain point. so keep the normal range of declaring if you want to attack people below, but you can attack anybody whos on top if you want. people above you should be prepared so thats only fair.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1277243799' post='2346977']
[/quote]

And what happens if tiny nations start declaring on the number one nation, blocking all of its spots and attacking with their tiny armies?

This would just legitimize slot-filling.

EDIT: I mean that it would be impossible to prove that they're slot-filling if they're attacking with all they got.

Edited by Taishaku

• 7 months later...

However as others have said from above I agree that you should be able to declare on people 200% +, probably just 250% max though. Otherwise you could just get 2 nations much lower who have enough nukes where even if they get spied away, they'll still have at least two to attack the top nations. They don't care at all about their nation and can just nuke one of the top players and don't really fight, or try to fight otherwise. 250% would really be more for people who could just get a relative to set up an account and they could remote in and use the account only for that purpose, to just go after the top 2 nations if they are very close to the top. Really just in case a group of 3-8 people would start doing that when they know they usually get to the top, they all could set up a remote account every round and just get nukes to go after someone 400% of their range or so and just nuke two times and do nothing else, so one or two in their group can reach the top 1-10 spots.