News from Greater Germany

loannes

[center][b][u][size="6"]Press Conference on the Reformation of the Government[/size][/u][/b][/center]

"In order to better serve the people of the Slavic Federation, it has been decided that the government be changed. Instead of being governed by a single man, the King of the Slavic Federation, the nation shall be ruled by two emperors, one from the Caucasian region and one from the Dalmatian region, each with his or her own line of succession. The Slavic Senate, also known as the Imperial or Federal Senate, shall remain in place, with minor adjustments to ensure maximum administrative efficiency and to advance the interests of the Slavic peoples. Administrative regions have been established to replace the bureaucracy-choked, oversized districts, Caucasia and Dalmatia. Smaller regions with downsized governments are now in place, with only minor elements remaining to transition from the larger districts. People's Councils are now in place to allow the minorities of the Slavic Federation, such as the Kazakh community of the East, to have a voice in the government. Administrative functions are now partially divided between the Ministries of Weapons, Armaments, and Munitions, Culture, Science, Economics, Foreign Affairs, Aviation, Astronomy and Space Exploration, and the Interior. More information can be found in [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=85330"]the pamphlets[/url] distributed before this conference.
Emperor Alex Pradeux and I will now take any questions you may have on the Slavic Federation."
-Emperor James II

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Californian' date='09 May 2010 - 03:58 AM' timestamp='1273373871' post='2292010']
"What is your reaction to PEPTO stepping into the Slavic Empire when it collapsed? What are your overall views of PEPTO, WEU, and peace in Europe?
[/quote]

"You mean Union? I find it a gross infringement on the sovereignty of the Slavic peoples. It sickens me to know that, as we speak, foreigners are subjugating our brethren to the north. Better that Slavs be governed by Slavs, both directly and ultimately.
PEPTO, in my view, is a bloc with good intentions, but no longer in with the times. I'm sure it was formed as a counter to the Eurasian Union. They've shown themselves previously to be willingly belligerent towards the Federation- or the predecessors thereof. My opinion of them, especially since their infringement on Slavic sovereignty, is low, save for North Germany and the Democratic Republic.
The WEU, I've had little contact with, but from what I've seen, it's essentially a way for Scotland to control the good states of Iberia and France. While this may not be entirely successful, it's still ensured that Scotland's aggressive actions against the few Iberians who dare to oppose them go unopposed, for the most part. And, for the record, I consider the WEU to be a successor of the Iberian Pact, even if it is not.
Peace in Europe is a goal that we should all strive for, yet I fear it is naught but a dream. There are too many different agendas for it to be successful, unless, God forbid, a new Nordlandic Reich or some other such nation forms."

-His Imperial Highness James II, Emperor of the Slavic Federation, King of Caucasia, Chief Priest, Imperator of the Slavic Armed Forces, Imperium Maius, First Man of the Senate, and Imperial Censor of the State

**Private**
[i]Tbilisi, Georgian Province[/i]

A meeting was called of the upper Slavic government, primarily military, in the seat of power at Tbilisi; Emperors James II and Alec, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, and a number of high-ranked, high-access generals of the Slavic Federal Armed Forces.

Seated around a large, rectangular table, with the Emperors on either end, the officials waited for the meeting to begin. Emperor James II stood from his seat and began.
"Gentleman, I come to you today to discuss the thorn in our side, the Isara Alliance. Not too long ago, we amicable allowed them independence in conjunction with Rebel Army. What we got was not what we expected; an aggressive military dictatorship of Russians with rather poor ethics. Their average punishment, for example, is forced labor, the severity of the crime be damned. I wouldn't be surprised if they punished traffic violations with a month of cracking stones...but I digress. That's not our problem.
Our problem is a question they answered recently in their press conference." James paused and brought up a clip of the Isoscelean asking about Isara's reasons for aggression, and the response.
"While I honestly can't say I'm legitimately threatened by them at this moment, I can honestly say I don't like the future. Why do nations use forced labor? To strengthen their standing. To make themselves stronger. To ensure all of the 'square' manpower goes to their military."

James clicked the screen to a map of the Caspian, Isara, and the surrounding area. "Isara borders six nations: Rebel Army, Kriegland, the Triangular Creeps, Pakistan, and Cochin. They won't invade Rebel Army for obvious reasons. Kriegland is a highly unlikely target, for they are allies of Rebel Army...same for Pakistan. Their border with Cochin is too small to make an invasion work. That leaves us. I need not tell you, gentleman, how thinly stretched our forces are right now. We've got to defend a large expanse of land, and we still haven't withdrawn from America for fear of Tahoan ships shooting our transports, and a large number of our forces are using outdated technology, and our population is decreasing ever so steadily. In a year, Isara could be a major power, and they will look for places to expand, as they have clearly said. The Federation is rich in all sorts of resources, making us an enticing target for a rising power. By the time we can organize a sufficient defense in the event of an Isaran invasion, they will have already set us back. I wish to prevent this from happening. As such, I propose a preemptive invasion of the Isaran alliance, removing them as a threat to us now and forever. And, on that note, we should be more careful on who we allow independence in the future. What say you?"

Emperor Alec sipped his wine and listened to the words of his fellow Emperor.

"I, too, mimick the concerns of my fellow Emperor. Isara is a nation that we can't and won't trust. Although our forces are stretched, I propose we mobilize a unit of our elite guards. Isara is a nation that can be tamed quickly. However, if we do go that route, I recommend we do it quickly. we can't afford to have our forces and resources diverted elsewhere."

Alec stretched for a bit.

"In regards to be being overstretched, I do believe it is time we withdrew some forces from the Tahoan theatre. The strain on the economy will become worse overtime.."

[quote name='Malatose' date='14 May 2010 - 02:57 AM' timestamp='1273802243' post='2297443']
Emperor Alec sipped his wine and listened to the words of his fellow Emperor.

"I, too, mimick the concerns of my fellow Emperor. Isara is a nation that we can't and won't trust. Although our forces are stretched, I propose we mobilize a unit of our elite guards. Isara is a nation that can be tamed quickly. However, if we do go that route, I recommend we do it quickly. we can't afford to have our forces and resources diverted elsewhere."

Alec stretched for a bit.

"In regards to be being overstretched, I do believe it is time we withdrew some forces from the Tahoan theatre. The strain on the economy will become worse overtime.."
[/quote]

Emperor James nodded. "Indeed. General Kaloyan, what do you know about the Isaran forces?"

General Natanail Kaloyan, SFMC, looked up at the Emperor, then realized the question was an order to get up and tell the assembled officials about what they knew. He did so, and stood in front of the screen. James handed him the pointer, which was actually a small, antique carbine with an armor piercing bullet tied to the end, light enough to hold with one hand.
"Our intelligence of the Isaran Armed Forces is strictly limited to what they made public. We know absolutely nothing about it beyond that. What we do know is that they are technologically and numerically inferior to our troops. Their training is highly likely to be inferior to that of our soldiers and Marines. If you want my bias, I'd say our retired sailors are of a higher quality than their infantry." A few of the generals, and James, chuckled. "Bias aside, they're not quite up to par with our troops."
"Understatement of the year," Lieutenant General Avedis M. Sevan, SFMC mumbled. More scattered chuckles.
General Kaloyan smiled. "Now, now, Avedis, hold your comments."
"My apologies, General."
"The General pardons thee," Kaloyan said, waving his hand in a gesture of mock dismissal.
"I honor the General's wisdom," Sevan said, bowing.
"Damn right. Now, back to the matter at hand. With our qualitative superiority, I'd say that 20,000 will be enough to neutralize the Isaran armies. Maybe have some extra support to secure the territory. Generals?"
The other assembled generals nodded their agreement.
"My Lords?" General Kaloyan asked, looking at Emperors James and Alec.

[b]SIC[/b]

[center][b][u][size="6"]Decree for the directed preparations for chemical-biological and Nuclear Warfare[/size][/u][/b][/center]

With the increasing of the Slavic Federation Defense Budget, I, as Emperor of the Greater Slavic Federation, order that preparations for chemical-biological warfare begin at once. Although these weapons will never be used offensively, I believe they will be a significant deterrent for any nation, who dares invade the Slavic Federation. In charge of this program will be the newly formed Ministry of Nuclear and Chemical Armaments, codenamed "Factor". I expect results to be quick and swift.

Signed,
Emperor of the Slavic Federation
Alec Pradeux

---

Inside of the headquarters of the Ministry of Nuclear and Chemical Armaments, the production projections for the planned Chemical and Biological stockpile for the Federation had already been marked. Some 40,000 metric tons of chemical nerve, blister and choking agents were scheduled to be produced and placed in secret storage facilities across the Federation, although most of these weapons will be stored in Dalmatia. In addition, 32,300 ton stockpile of phosphorus agents were to be rapidly produced as well. The agents were to be stored in a variety of munitions and containers: projectiles, bombs, rocket warheads, missile warheads, spray tanks and bulk containers. The stockpile of R-VX, Sarin, Soman and Phosgene is 100 percent weaponized, while the Mustard, Lewisite and Mustard-Lewisite mixture are stored primarily in large bulk containers .

Indeed, these production estimates were high, but as the production lines increased, there was no doubt it would be reached.

In addition, the biological weapons programe was already running at full speed.

Slavic Scientist were already at work weaponizing the deadly [b]Marburg Virus[/b], which has no available vaccine. Smallpox, mostly of the India-1967 or India-1 strain which is a more virulent strain were rapidly being reduced as well.

Anthrax was to be produced alongside these other deadly viruses. Biological agents would be developed by a variety of means, including long-range missiles. Special cooling systems in the warheads protect the biological agents during re-entry. Parachutes slow the warhead, whcih at a set altitude dispense over a hundred small bomblets. At least twenty tons of weapons-grade dry smallpox was to stockpiled in bunkers for loading into these and other delivery systems incase of conflict.

[quote name='Malatose' date='18 May 2010 - 09:06 PM' timestamp='1274238362' post='2302851']
Slavic Scientist were already at work weaponizing the deadly [b]Marburg Virus[/b], which has no available vaccine.[/quote]

OOC: You realize that not just any Marburg Virus would be useful in war? Outbreaks quickly exterminate a small group of people, then burn out because they run out of new hosts; other viruses that kill less efficiently manage to spread to larger communities.

Unless you want to use it as an assassination weapon, large-scale weaponization would not work out well.

[b]SIC:[/b]

Inside of the Slavic Federation's Republic of Greater Dalmatia, one of the biggest military buildups in history began. Emperor Alec Pradeux had ordered that the Dalmatia military be significantly expanded to counter all threats in and out of the federation, be it conventional or nuclear. Therefore, the military would be expanded in the following ways:

[quote]The Slavic Ministry of Defense would be expanded to cope with the sheer magnitude of the planned build up.

The Dalmatia Army will be expanded to [b]600,000 Troops[/b]

The Dalmatia Armored Corps will expand to [b]6,000[/b] Tanks

The Dalmatia Airforce will be expanded to 80 Squadrons, roughly 960 aircraft

The Dalmatia Navy will start developing Anti-Ship means, as well as a Navy capable of being deployed overseas.[/quote]

The coastal defense capabilities of the Slavic Federation were in a deplorable state until the Navy could be expanded, and the Ministry of Defense knew this. Therefore, The Slavic Federation has begun development of a Anti-Ship Ballistic Missile system. Development of specialized satellites will also be developed, which main task will be to monitor ongoing ocean technology five hundred miles off all Slavic land borders. In conjunction, modified OTH-B Complexes and GF11 Archer Tactical Reconnaissance Unmanned Aerial Vehicles will be deployed along the coastal areas. The GF11 Archers will monitor Dalmatia on a constant 24/7 rotation rate.

The Anti-Ship Ballistic Missile, itself, will use a number of systems to achieve it's goal. In terms of armaments and range, the missile will carry a single warhead or Maneuverable reentry vehicle over a distance of 1,500 km to 2,000 km. The Missile can be conventional or nuclear, depending on the mission. Target tracking will use a combination of technologies. Initial guidance for the missile is inertial, to plot reentry over the spot where the target should be. Terminal guidance will be imaging radar and autonomous laser targeting. The advent of advanced image processing technologies, image recognition couple with autonomous laser targeting introduces greater accuracy.

Other technologies such as orbital assets (space based radars/Synthetic aperture radar), Radar altimeter, to measure the ocean topography, a comm relay network for datalinking the radar information from the other assets (awacs or the like, 400km from the target) and GPS downlinking will work alongside other units to maxamize accuracy in hitting ships on the open seas.

Of course, the warhead of such a weapon will be a maneuverable reentry vehicle, which is a warhead capable of shifting targets in flight. In terms of power, the KE will be so strong so great, a single warhead will be capable of going straight through the deck and out the bottom of the hull. If the Dalmatia Navy is looking for a quick blow, a low altitude nuclear burst of 500K would totally wipe out any fleet.

Edited by Malatose

SIC:

With general research and development already moving at a quick pace, the Slavic Federation began it's next move. The geography of the Slavic Federation was one of mountains and hills. It was inhospitable landscape, which made invasion by enemies forces difficult but not impossible. Therefore, the Slavic Ministry of Defense enacted a plan to make the Federation one of the most well defended countries in Europe, if not the world.

The Air Defenses in the Slavic Federation Republic of Dalmatia would be extended to the Slavic Federation Republic of Caucasia. Most of these systems will be placed in the dense mountains, making enemy detection next to impossible.

The central RADAR network will be divided into three levels: [b]Lower , Middle, and Upper Tier Air Defense[/b]. Around the country, are hundreds of RADAR sites. At these sites are a combination of OTH-B (Over-the-horizon radar) and other systems. Each RADAR has a 1 MW transmitter and a separate receiver offering coverage over a 60 degree arc between 900 to 3,300 km. The coverage could be extended with additional receivers, providing for complete coverage over a 180 degree arc (each 60 degree portion known as a "sector"). 50% of the RADAR in this network will be mobile.

Working in conjunction with these systems are thousands of underground Surface-to-Air Missile systems. In times of war, these systems will exit the ground from fully automatic extension systems, to fire missiles at enemy aircraft and bombers.

The Airforce also maintains a force of one interceptor and three fighter squadrons in each sector. as quick reaction units. Most of these fighters are always fueled and in combat ready status.

[b]Surface to Air Missile Technology[/b]

[b]RIM-703 Long Range Ballistic Missile Interceptor[/b]

Status In Service
Primary Mission Exo-Atmospheric Ballistic Missile Interceptor
Secondary Mission Ultra Long Range Surface to Air Missile
Length: 6.50 meters (Kill Vehicle); 8.50 meters (Missile); 2.50 meters (Booster); .50 meter (Cold Launch Booster)
Length Overall: 18.00 meters
Diameter: 1.00m (KV), 1.20 meters (Missile), 1.20 meters (Booster/CLB)
Wingspan: 1.40 meters (Missile)
Weight: 2,500kg (KV) 7,500 kg (missile); 2,500 kg (booster)
Warhead: Kinetic Energy Warhead with 50kg HE Secondary
Stages: 4
Speed: Mach 8
Max Ceiling: 560,000 meters @ 250km
Max Range: 1,250km @ 27,000 meters
Max Slant Range/Ceiling: 280km Ceiling @ 760km Range
Guidance: Active X-band radar homing [SARH and HOJ secondary modes], imaging infrared seeker, encrypted two-way data uplink for course corrections
Booster Propulsion: Solid Fuel Rocket
Main Stage Propulsion: Solid Fuel Rocket w/Thrust Vectoring
KV Propulsion: Solid Fuel Rocket w/Thrust Vectoring

[b]RIM-702 Ultra Long Range Surface to Air Missile[/b]

Status In Service
Primary Mission Ultra-Long Range Surface to Air Missile
Secondary Mission Exo-Atmopsheric Ballistic Missile Interceptor
Length: 3.50 meters (Kill Vehicle); 5.50 meters (missile); 1.00 meter (Booster) .50 meter (Cold Launch Booster)
Length Overall: 10.00 meters
Diameter: .533m
Wingspan: 1.57 meter
Weight: 800kg (KV); 1250kg (Missile), 350kg (Booster), 250 kg (CLB)
Warhead: Kinetic Energy Warhead with 100kg CR Secondary
Stages: 4
Speed: Mach 6
Max Ceiling: 250,000 meters @ 200km
Max Range: 800km @ 27,000 meters
Max Slant Range/Ceiling: 160,000 meter Ceiling @ 500km Range
Guidance: Active X-band radar terminal homing [SARH and HOJ secondary modes], imaging infarred seeker, encrypted two-way data uplink for course corrections
Booster Propulsion: Solid Fuel Rocket
Missile Propulsion: Solid Fuel Rocket w/Thrust Vectoring
KV Propulsion: Solid Fuel Rocket w/Thrust Vectoring

[b]RIM-701 Long Range Surface to Air Missile[/b]

Status In Service
Primary Mission Long Range Surface to Air Missile
Secondary Mission Endo-Atmospheric Ballistic Missile Interception
Length: 5.50 meters (missile/KV); 1.00 meter (Solid Rocket Booster); .50 meter (Cold Launch Booster)
Length Overall: 7.00 meters
Diameter: .533 (Missile) .533 meters (CLB/Booster)
Wingspan: 1.57 meter
Weight: 1250kg (Missile), 350kg (Booster), 250 kg (CLB)
Warhead: Kinetic Energy Warhead with 50kg CR Secondary
Stages: 3
Speed: Mach 3.5
Max Ceiling: 40,000 meters @ 100km
Max Range: 500,000 meters @ 13,000 meters
Max Slant Range/Ceiling: 33,000 meter Ceiling @ 350km Range
Guidance: Active X-band radar terminal homing [SARH and HOJ secondary modes], imaging infra-red seeker, encrypted two-way data uplink for course corrections
Booster Propulsion: Solid Fuel Rocket w/Thrust Vectoring

[b]RIM-700 Medium Range Surface to Air Missile[/b]

Status In Service
Primary Mission Medium Range Surface to Air Missile
Secondary Mission: Short Range Anti-Shipping Missile
Length: 3.00 meters (missile/KV); 1.00 meter (Solid Rocket Booster); .50 meter (Cold Launch Booster)
Length Overall: 4.50 meters
Diameter: .34 (Missile) .34 meters (CLB/Booster)
Wingspan: 1.57 meters
Weight: 750kg (Missile), 200kg (Booster), 150 kg (CLB)
Warhead: Kinetic Energy Warhead with 10kg CR Secondary
Stages: 3
Speed: Mach 3.5
Max Ceiling: 30,000 meters @ 40km
Max Range: 100,000 meters @ 13,000 meters
Max Slant Range/Ceiling: 28,000 meter Ceiling @ 70km Range
Max Range Anti-Shipping Mode: 125km
Guidance: Active X-band radar terminal homing [SARH and HOJ secondary modes], imaging infra-red seeker, encrypted two-way data uplink for course corrections
Booster Propulsion: Solid Fuel Rocket w/Thrust Vectoring

--

In regards to ground defenses, expansive tunnel systems will be constructed. Each shaft will b e large enough to permit the passage of an entire infantry division in one hour. Some tunnels will be large enough to permit the movement of artillery vehicles. All the tunnels run in a north-south direction and have various branches, which exit at classified areas.

In other areas, heavy one ton mines will be placed, to quickly destroy important mountain passes and roads.

In addition, static defenses, which can receed into hardended solos will be constructed in the mountains.

Static, receeding land defenses will also be constructed. These will include the the following:

[b]Goliath Fixed Heavy Artillery Platform[/b]

[img]http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/708/48e9eb55.jpg[/img]

Height: Gun lowered: 5.1 meters
Gun at maximum angle: 9.7 meters
Width: 8.4 meters
Turret length: 8.6 meters
Protection: Control: Remote
Armament: 1x5 barrel 155mm
location: All German borders, outside of major cities and some along the coast.

[b]Flak-10 Anti-Air Fixed Defensive Gun[/b]

[img]http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4558/e935a614.jpg[/img]

Width: 3.1 meters
Turret length: 3.7 meters
Protection: 2 layers (4 in. thick) of Kevlar type material; 1 layer (1 in. thick) of aluminum foil around vital sensors and wiring; 3 layers (6 in. thick) of titanium reinforced steel
Control: Remote or Automatic
Armament: 1 x 35mm 6 barreled Metal Storm cannon
Purpose: Protection for various static defensive system.
Defense: Can Receed into ground incase of attack.

[b]Shark Anti-Personnel/Anti-Armor Fixed Defensive Turret[/b]

[img]http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4513/6614675b.jpg[/img]

Height: 4 meters
Width: 3.7 meters
Turret length: 7 meters
Protection: 3 layers (3 ft thick) of rebar-reinforced concrete at the base; 1 layer (2 in thick) of titanium/steel composite mesh throughout frame; 2 layers (6 in thick) of ablative armor/Kevlar type material on upper half of frame
Control: Manual, Remote or automatic
Armament: 2 x 90mm Vulcan autocannons, capable of firing regular bullets or explosive projectiles
Construction Positions: These systems will be used in several areas, most notably the edges of cities in case of invasion. The Shark will also be employed along the border, as a precursor to stop an invasion before it happens and as a fast response to an actual invasion. It will also be placed at harbors and docks, as well as points the border any body of water.
Defense: Can Receed into ground incase of attack. Additionally, Shark" a small RADAR/IR/LIDAR and turret/gun movement system have been upgraded to allow the Shark to engage incoming Missiles/ATGMs with "Pop Rock" Canister system, also the refit included the addition of Centrifuge CIWS system to engage ATGMs and a 15.5mm gun for close infantry surpression.

[b]45mm Autocannon Gun System[/b]
[img]http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/8388/451min.png[/img]

Product Overview
Weight [Barrel]: 110kg Weight [Gun]: 580kg Caliber Length: 65
Grooves: 27 Twist: Progressive Rate of Fire: 1,000rpm

The Mark IV Kill is one of the largest guns in its class, providing enhanced capabilities against airborne threats, including heavy anti-shipping missiles, low-flying aircraft, helicopters, unmanned aerial vehicles and much more. Through the use of new technologies, a revolver operation system and advanced ammunition types the Swift Kill gun system guarantees quick and efficient gunnery, no matter what its job. The Swift Kill makes a great gun for a close-in weapon system for defending naval platforms, including small and large ships, or for a short-range air defense system based on a tracked vehicle platform. In the former role, it has the added advantage of having a large firepower potential against smaller surface craft, including both assymetrical and conventional threats. Much of the technology introduced into this system has already been proven elsewhere.

Gun Mechanics

The Mark IV is a revolver, preferred over the gatling gun type configuration for the sake of initial velocity, given that a revolver has less mass than a gatling gun and therefore is easier to spin. Although, unfortunately, the rate of fire decreases due to bore pressure and barrel heat issues, it's considered a pertinent trade-off given the task of the gun and the miniscule amount of time given to react.2 In this gun's case, the chamber module contains five seperate chambers, allowing for a lower mass over only having four chambers but accounting for the heat related issues of having six chambers. In regards to mass, the 'chamber module'3 can include up to six chambers in its given volume and so only four chambers would mean that the two volumes that could otherwise hold more chambers would be solid masses - so a five-chambered module is considered to be the 'best of both worlds'. The modelo 451 is gas-operated, as inferred, and offers a rate of fire of a maximum of one thousand [1,000] rounds per minute, which is on par with similar-type gun systems of the latest generation.4 The breech supports a dual-feed system, although this should not be confused with 'simultaneous feed'. The dual-feed allows for two separate ammunition stowage bins feeding two separate types of ammunition, consequently either the fire control system (based on the type of detected threat) or the manual user overriding the automatic fire (more likely in a ground-based air defense vehicle) can select the type of ammunition and the gun can load either. Such selective fire gives the weapon system much more operational flexibility and tactical versatility, although the gun must slow or stop in order to change type of ammunition.

As already indicated, the fact that the multiple chambers are all leading into one barrel for repeated and automatic fire means that the barrel will receive a high rate of barrel wear. In order to offer some protection against the inevitable wear of the barrel due to the pressure of expanding propellant gasses, apart from the inclusion of electrothermal-chemical technology - to be explained below -, the Mark 30 includes a chrome-lined barrel. Normally, especially in tank guns and naval guns, this is done to allow the barrel to withstand greater barrel pressure so that the propellant grain can be enlarged, allowing for much greater muzzle velocities; in ground-based and naval-based artillery this means much greater range, while for tanks it means either greater penetrator mass or greater muzzle velocity (generally speaking, equating to greater penetration). On the other hand, both developers were more interested in chrome-plating to extend the lifetime of each barrel to make the gun much more economical, given that the companies have agreed that lethality is at an optimum (in the future, given the threats, priorities can be changed). Although the increase in life-span is only a small percentage of the lifespan without chrome plating, the hundreds of extra rounds may still be important in an extended naval engagement, where barrel replacements might not always be possible. This is more true in larger, more conventional naval battles than against assymetric threats, but conventional warfare is still far more prominent than its assymetrical cousin.

As mentioned above, the Mark IV uses electrothermal-chemical enhancement of its solid propellant. The 'plasma initiator' is embedded inside the round itself, coming into contact with the breech and the electric catalyst as the revolver closes the air gap as it brings the next chamber to the breech. A standard 45mm projectile, in the Swift Kill, will require a 55kJ charge, although ultimately given the rate of fire the required pulsed power supply [which has to be integrated into the combat system and not into the gun] is larger than 100kJ. The pulsed power supply can either be a separate battery system, such as the Panzer VII it can be integrated into the vehicle if that vehicle uses hybrid propulsion [although the Lince has an electric transmission, it uses a separate pulsed power supply for the main gun - in the future Lince 1A1 this will resolved]. In any case, the plasma is created by a copper [Cu] diamond string, in the form of a chord, wrapped around the propellant in each individual projectile case [see: 45mm closed telescoping ammunition images]. This string normally vaporizes and iniozes and thereby creates a plasma, which both ignites the propellants [described in the ammunition section] and makes the gasses' expansion much smoother.5 This type of electrothermal-chemical plasma initiation process is known as a flashboard large area emitter, or FLARE - although perhaps not the most modern type of initiation method, it requires a lower amount of energy and is more desirable for a low energy requirement electrothermal-ignition [ETI] round, like the 45mm CTA used by the Swift Kill. In the case of this particular gun, unlike many other systems which take advantage of electrothermal-ignition, the interest is in increasing barrel life, as opposed to increasing muzzle velocity. Due to the fact that the plasma will better control the expansion of the propellant gasses, the propellant will expand in a much more stable matter thereby decreasing pressure on the barrel's inner walls. Some increase in velocity has been attained by this technology, and through the new solid propellant being used, but that has not been a priority.

As introduces in the AGS.250 for the Panzer main battle tank, the Swift Kill also incorporates chemically augmented combustion [CAC], more specifically referred to as hydrogen augmented combustion [HAC].6 In HAC, hydrogen interacts with the molecules of the expanding propellant gasses, decreasing their molecular weight exothermally. This results in a higher number of species and a higher velocity of sound, thereby resulting in a higher impetus [i.e. force], which concludes in higher gun performance. A convinient side effect is also a reduction in barrel pressure, increasing the gun barrel's lifespan by a notable factor. In this way, the technology is actually very similar to electrothermal-chemical propulsion in the way that it helps to control the expansion of the propellant, thus increasing muzzle velocity and spreading the pressure more evenly along the surface of the barrel's interior walls. On the other hand, HAC does not require electrical input and can normally be integrated into the cartridge of the projectile, making it more 'volume efficient' [Es]. As experienced both here, in the Mark IV, and in the CB.125 HAC technology can be easily integrated together with ETC technology, since they are not mutually exclusive. Although the Mark 30 is built as a solid propellant gun, HAC and ETC [which together may be referred to as HYPEC] can be also used with liquid propellants - such as on the AGS.250 and its 125mm brother, the CB.125.

Recoil is dampened by a dual-cylinder recoil mechanism, with an extended recoil length of thirty-five millimeters [35mm]. The recoil cylinders are contructed out of titanium, in order to save weight. The barrel and chambers are manufactured out of quality steel, in order to guarantee the system's ability to survive constant pressure in areas which will come in contact with the expanding propellant gasses. The gun's barrel weighs roughly 110kg, while the recoil mechanism weighs 230kg; the gun system, as a whole, weighs 580kg.7 Apart from the recoil mechanism, weight is saved through the use of composite materials in breech manufacturing.8 These manufacturing techniques have also been used on the AGS.250 and the CB.125 tank cannons, where they have saved between 300 and 600kg worth of weight. Unfortunately, such radical weight savings have not been found easily in the Swift Kill, given the delicacy of its operation and the requirement for a sturdy gun barrel, as well as combustion chamber. Weight savings can be much more radical when it comes to the mount for the close-in weapon station system, and for the short-range air defense vehicle's turret; such weight savings will be witnessed in the product sheets for both future Castillian systems. Then again, mass is important in an air-defense gun due to the requirement for fast traverse to meet the threat as quickly as possible. Indeed, the reason to choose an autocannon over a gatling gun is particularly for this reason! It's safe to assume that future models of the Swift Kill will integrate new manufacturing processes and materials to make the gun lighter.

Ammunition

As indicated beforehand, the Mark IV is designed to acknowledge, engage and defeat a wide variety of threats. On the conventional [naval] battlefield these include light anti-shipping missiles and heavy anti-shipping missiles, which can have various different flight paths, including high angles of attack (AoA) or sea-skimming engagement paths. Furthermore, new heavy anti-shipping missiles, designed to defeat heavily armored capital warships, offer thick ballistic penetrating caps built out of tungsten [W] or depleted uranium [dU], which are difficult to defeat using lower-power armor piercing discarding sabots [APDS] or even advanced hit efficiency and destruction [AHEAD] projectiles. Apart from the missile threat, conventional threats include low-flying reconaissance, utility or attack helicopters, as well as low-flying fixed-wing aircraft. A modern close-in weapon station must be designed to cope with all the relevant threats, or else it will quickly become antiquated. Furthermore, there is also an assymetrical threat posed by terrorist organizations or low-intensity third world government forces. These threats include fast patrol craft and suicide explosives craft, with skeleton crews, and their potential has recently been made very obvious, as more and more large ships are temporarilly lost to these types of attacks. Consequently, the Swift Kill must be designed to defeat the assymetrical dimension, as well. To accomplish this, both LuftKreigs have introduced three principle types of ammunition for the gun, depending on its eventual use in any given weapon system. More specific types of ammunition may be developed as new roles are provided, but until then the main 'loud out' remains: high explosive [HEI], armor piercing discarding sabot [APDS] and advanced hit efficiency and destruction [AHEAD]. Furthermore, apart from the improvements in the gun's propulsion system -as explained above - all the rounds are manufactured with a new solid propellant to maximize efficiency and increase lethality.

The propellant has been designed to maximize performance over a longer-range of ambient temperatures, both inside the combustion chamber and in the barrel. For the past century, or so, solid propellants have been designed almost exclusively out of nitrocellulose [NC], but recently chemical compounds such as cyclotetramethylene tetranitramine [HMX] and triaminoguanadine nitrate [TAGN] which have much larger energy densities. In specific, the solid propellant used by the Swift Kill's ammunition is referred to as TX90 and is primarilly composed of HMX, since this has a higher energy density than TAGN and a lower burning rate. Temperature sensitivity is reduced considerably through the bonding of glycidyl azide polymer [GAP]. TX90 has a specific impetus of 1,300J/g+ and a loading energy density of 1.5g/cm3+, which is superior to most current solid propellants. However, in the sense of its low burning rate TX90 can be characterized as a low vulnerability [LOVA] propellant, much like CL20. The TX90 is a unicharge, similar to the modular charge concept, which means that each submodel is identical [this is not true for modular charges]; each submodel is self-contained with its own igniter, flash suppressant and wear-reducive additive. The propellant charges are manufactured in sticks [contrary to what the images represent, by the way] and are perforated for 'tailored burning'; this has the effect of making the propellant burning rate more progressive, thus increasing gun performance without increasing pressure, by using the perforation to control the burning rate at the beginning and cause a sudden increase after the perforation has been passed. As a consequence, TX90 is a powerful charge meant to decrease temperature sensitivity and increase muzzle velocity, without increasing pressure on the barrel's interior walls.9

The high explosive incendiary [HEI] projectile is a general purpose round which can be used against a wide variety of threats. In most guns of similar caliber to the Swift Kill [20-50mm] they have been replaced largely by rounds such as AHEAD and APDS, although they are still manufactured. Due to the projectile type's simplicity and cheapness, the HEI is still offered as an option for the Swift Kill in the form of the MCP790. This round uses a mechanical proximity fuse and focuses on 'area effect' over penetration, since both the AHEAD and APDS projectiles are clearly superior to the HEI round in this area. It can be used as an anti-personnel projectile, or even as an anti-air projectile, defeating missiles and low-flying aircraft. However, due to its weight and its inferiority to AHEAD in terms of volume of effect it has generally been supplanted in naval close-in weapon systems. Calzado y Bayo, although not relevant to the development of the Swift Kill and her ammunition insofar, has expressed interests in designing, manufacturing and marketting what has been named the XMCP790A, which will include a new fuse to allow for greater muzzle velocities, a decreased high explosive weight and the addition of a penetrating cap. This type of projectile is usually known as a high explosive incendiary/armor piercing [HEIAP] round. Although these type of rounds generally have less penetration than their brethren the sabot, they have the added effect of increasing damage assuming perforation - due to the high explosive. In this respect, they are imilar to the older armor piercing ballistically capped [APBC] projectiles used by large caliber guns.

[b]Round Type: High Explosive [HEI][/b]
Projectile Weight: 2.1kg Explosive Weight: .67kg Bursting Charge: .120kg
Projectile Length [Complete Round]: 31.5cm
Muzzle Velocity: 1.25km/sec

The MC35 developmeny program originally began as the XMC20 frangible armor piercing discarding sabot program, but ultimately it was decided to design and manufacture a full-fledge sub-caliber armor penetrator to provide the Swift Kill with the ability to puncture through the thick penetrating caps, in order to reach the electronics or destroy the high explosive warhead, of the more modern 'heavy anti-shipping missiles' pressed into service in recent years. Originally, the actual penetrator was to follow the rod-tube extension concept of its larger armor piercing fin stabilized discarding sabot for the Panzer VII's 120mm and 140mm main guns. However, it was decided to go with a penetrator which fit in the non-extended length of the closed telescoping cartridge of the MCP35. As a consequence, the penetrator has a diameter of 14mm and a length of 300mm, with a nose profile roughly 20% of the length - or 60mm. The penetrator is not cylindrical and instead is cruciform shaped to increase penetration, although not dramatically, and is manufactured out of depleted uranium like its larger cousins. Theoritically, at 4,000 meters the MCP35 can penetrate over 200mm of armored steel [hardness of roughly 350BHN]. Normally, the MCP35 is not stored as a stand-alone round and is only issued to one stowage bin. It's a special purpose projectile - it's designed to defeat heavily armored missile threats. It can also be used against helicopters and armored aircraft. It should be noted, however, that this type of round relies heavily on rate of fire to score multiple impacts, in order to hit key targets.

Round Type: Armor Piercing Discarding Sabot [APDS]
Projectile Weight: 1.7kg Penetrator Weight: .6kg Penetrator Material: Depleted Uranium [dU] Projectile Length: 31.5cm
Penetrator Diameter: 1.4cm Penetrator Length: 30cm
[b]Effective Range: 2.5-3km Surface Targets: 5-5.5km Aircraft: 4-4.5km
Penetration10 [0m]: 239.727mm @ 0º 500m: 234.752mm @ 0º 1.5km: 224.885mm @ 0º 4km: 200.882mm @ 0º[/b]

[b]Creeper Anti-Tank Heavy Fixed Defensive Turret[/b]

Height: 4 meters
Width: 3.7 meters
Turret length: 7 meters
Protection: 3 layers (3 ft thick) of rebar-reinforced concrete at the base; 1 layer (2 in thick) of titanium/steel composite mesh throughout frame; 2 layers (6 in thick) of ablative armor/Kevlar type material on upper half of frame
Control: Manual, Remote or automatic
Armament: 155mm ETC Cannon
Building Position: These systems will be used in several areas, most notably the edges of cities in case of invasion. The Creeper will also be employed along the border, as a precursor to stop an invasion before it happens and as a fast response to an actual invasion. It will also be placed at harbors and docks, as well as points the border any body of water

[center][b]Coastal Defense[/b][/center]

Along the Slavic Coastline, a SOund SUrveillance System is constructed. This will create a small defensive barrier against enemy submarines.

Also, coastal areas have their own OTH - B RADAR suites, which cover a 64 degree wedge-shaped area at ranges between 500 to 1,600 nautical miles (925 to 3,000 km). This keeps track of all ship movements off the Slavic coast. This information is always monitored by underground command facilities.

Railguns, in specially developed recedable hardened silos are being constructed along the coast. These rail guns have a power rating of over 10.64 MJ. It's performance is over 5.8 km/s muzzle velocity, accurate enough to hit a target from 200 nautical miles (370 km) away while shooting at 5 shots per minute.

Aside from all this, retractable undergound silos for Anti - Shipping Missiles and Surface launched Torpedos. Also Naval Mines will be deployed.

[b]Jaws Torpedo/Mine System[/b]

[img]http://img30.exs.cx/img30/1849/mk58s.png[/img]

Length: 5.79m
Width: 53.34 (21 inches)
Weight: 1660kg
Warhead Weight: 400kg
Guidance: Passive Sonar. Once anonamly is found, LIDAR, Active Sonar, and MAD kick in. Forward Pumpjets kick in, and rotate the mine so it is facing targets heading. Fire control system calculates intercept point. Normal movement is done by terrain mapping and pre-mapped waypoint map. GPS transmitter allows crew to see where it is. If Jaws is fired in a torpedo mode, it can either use wire gudiance from the launching vehicle, or use the aforementioned SONAR. Jaws will go into a terminal run using it's Sucav warhead, or if it does not find a target, can become a mine.

Propulsion: Normal Pumpjet for propulsion 35 miles at up to 70 knots, Supercavitation for attack phase, 400kts.
Range: 50 miles.

Jaws is highly difficult to detect, and can be deployed in large numbers. The mines are very accurate, and the 400kg warhead is actually overkill, due to the 400kt speed being able to shatter any keel.

[b]'Leviathon' Independent UltraHeavyweight Mine System[/b]

Length: 7.56m
Width: 533mm
Weight: 2960kg
Warhead Weight: 1000kg
Guidance: Passive Sonar. Once anonamly is found, LIDAR, Active Sonar, and MAD kick in. Forward Pumpjets kick in, and rotate the mine so it is facing targets heading. Fire control system calculates intercept point. Normal movement is done by terrain mapping and pre-mapped waypoint map. GPS transmitter allows crew to see where it is. If Leviathon is fired in a torpedo mode, it can either use wire gudiance from the launching vehicle, or use the aforementioned SONAR. Leviathon will go into a terminal run using it's Sucav warhead, or if it does not find a target, can become a mine.
Propulsion: Normal Pumpjet for propulsion, Supercavitation for attack phase, 400kts.
Range: 50miles.

Leviathon is highly difficult to detect, and can be deployed in large numbers. The mines are very accurate, and the 400kg warhead is actually overkill, due to the 400kt speed being able to shatter any keel.

[b]ST-2 Anti-Shipping Missile[/b]

Dimensions
Length: 9m
Diameter: 110cm
Wingspan: 1.2m
Weight: 2200kg

Range, speed & armament
Range: 390km
Speed: Mach 6.5 (terminal velocity) Mach 3.3 - Cruise speed
Warhead: Main explosive body - 500kg OctaNitroCubane; 10 20kg thermite MIRVS embedded into the main explosive core

Once the missile reaches the highest point in flight, gravity combined with the hydrogen injection gives the missile a terminal velocity of mach 6.5. Because of this extreme velocity, and the fact the missile spirals down in a controlled fashion, hitting this proves to be extremely difficult. In the last 3 seconds before impact the spiralling stops and the last reseve of ethanol is injected into the engine along with the last bits of hydrogen to give the missile an even greater penetration effect. If the missile is fired in the most ideal circumstances a penetration angle of 88.6° can be achieved. Under normal circumstances an angle of 86° or even 85° is good enough to cause major damage. This means it goes virtually straight down, punching through the layers of armour. The solid tip of the missile is made of solid tungsten molten under the highest temperature, minimizing the amount of structural faults in the tip.

Normally all the explosive energy is spread in all directions, but in this missile all the energy is focussed on one point: behind the missile. Because the missile penetrates the hull, the explosive energy has only a few ways to go, the way of the least resistance is behind the missile; the path of entry. Once the main explosive core detonates, 10 smaller clusters are also blasted away, causing even more havoc.

[b]Guidance & features[/b]

Guidance: Inertial with GPS and optionally TERCOMP, CELLDAR, limited command post RADAR steering. The variant also has an attached minimized Gaussian LIDAR transmitter for infra-red LIDAR operations.

Propulsion: Lancaster & Blair RAMjet fuel and hydrogen injection propulsion. A special alcohol/ethanol reserve is stored in front of the engine, to give the engine one final boost before penetrating the ship's armour.

[b]LV-21 MADCAP Heavy Weight Torpedo[/b]

Description: LV-21 is a Most Advanced CAPabilities heavy weight torpedo designed to to provide the Kreigsmarine with a torpedo to give it the power to engage the designs of the world with similarly powerful torpedoes. The LV-21 incorporates two major sensor system, the Common Broadband Advanced Sonar System [CBASS] and the High Resolution Torpedo Array [HRTA]. The CBASS system is expected to give extended preformance to the torpedo's sonar array, including extended range and improved accuracy, while the HRTA is an ultra-modern sensor array composed of fiber optic data feed and a combination of acoustic feed. This will make the torpedo dynamic, meaning it will change in quick situations, and the torpedo can act as a fire and forget missile, although it does have wire guidance. Although the torpedo has a wake its water ramjet engine also makes it extremely silent, and extremely fast at the same time. This gives the LV-21 a Low Probability of Intercept [LPI] and a Low Probability of Recognition [LPR].

Torpedo Warhead: The Av. 36 has a multi-mode detonation 295kg warhead, offering a bulk charge and a direction explosion improving the lethality of the warhead
Length: 8 meters
Diameter: .55 meters
Weight: 1702.9 kilograms
Propulsion: Water Ramjet
Range: 50 Nautical Miles
Velocity: 90 knots
Depth: 914 meters

[b]LV-23 Ultra-Heavy Torpedo[/b]

Design Information Capable of either conventional or nuclear armament, the LV-23 Broadsword has been designed to serve as a devastating opponent to any enemy's large warships. To pack the enormous destructive power into a single torpedo, the standard Broadsword torpedo measures a full 14.5 metres in length, or 47.6 feet. The Broadsword measures a full 20,000 kg, just over 22 tonnes with a warhead weight of 3,000 kg. It can be used for a fast attack against a large enemy warship with a range of 35 km at 75 knots or at longer range, 100 km at 40 knots.

Guidance and Propulsion To ensure that the Broadsword is not simply an oversized mine and easy pickings for an enemy battlegroup, the torpedo uses a turbine-powered pumpjet propulsion system. As mentioned earlier, the Broadsword can be cold-launched from extreme depths by a submarine or it can be horizontally launched from very large warships. The Broadsword employs an active/passive sonar guidance system for terminal guidance and is initially guided toward its acquired target by the towed sonar array in the submarine.

[b]Specifications[/b]

Length: 14.5 metres (horizontal launch variant); 13 metres (vertical launch variant)
Diametre: 1,000 mm (one metre)
Range/Speed: 35 km at 75 knots; 100 km at 40 knots
Propulsion: Turbine-powered pumpjet
Guidance: Inertial with wire guidance (from launching submarine employing towed sonar array); active/passive sonar at terminal range
Weight: 20,000 kg overall; 3,000 kg warhead

Edited by Malatose

The Slavic Federation-- Today, the Ministry of Economics announced the Slavic Four Year Economic and Energy Plan. At a meeting of the Slavic Congress, Minister Petrei Portey outlined his plan for the Four Year Economic and Energy Plan.

[quote]1. The Federation will increase production of synthetic fuels. This will be done by constructing numerous 29,600 barrel per day coal and biomass to liquids + Carbon Capture and Sequestration plants. Larger plants capable of producing 300,000 barrels of synthetic fuels per day will also be constructed.

2. Construct Synthetic Rubber plants and begin immediate production of Synthetic Rubber.

3. The government will give grants to Automobile companies to develop hybrid vehicles, which will help lessen the countries dependence on fossil fuels.

4. The Federation will begin to introduce clean energy initiatives to the Slavic Provinces. The these will be projects, which will use renewable energy generated from natural resources—such as sunlight, wind, rain, tides and geothermal heat—which are renewable (naturally replenished) sources. [/quote]

Edited by Malatose

[b]SIC[/b]

"Rebel Army offers to sell the Slavic Federation numerous of solar, wind, and nuclear fusion power units and stations for extremely low prices. In addition, we also would like to offer building several of our cellulosic ethanol plants, which can be "fed" anything from wood residues, to paper waste, to virtually any plant, including easy-to-grow hemp."

[quote name='Kaede Alexeivich' date='22 May 2010 - 12:54 AM' timestamp='1274486070' post='2307419']
OOC: First off, Drake, those labour camps would have been classified, as I have never made any public announcements concerning them...also, I never even got around to developing them in the first place.
[/quote]

Satellites are a beautiful thing.

[b]SIC[/b]

With Research and Development already working at a feverous pitch, development of the V-3B Anti-Ship Ballistic Missile proceeded at a quick pace. There were alot of reasons for this. One reason was the amount of funding being poured into military research and development, but the main reason was because Greater Dalmatia had already developed a prototype for such a system. Scientist essentially carried over the design and began to add the finishing touches to it. In the end, they would have a system capable of wholly defending the Slavic coast against all enemy naval threats.

[b]Sensor Technology for the V-3B Anti-Ship Ballistic Missile[/b]

Attacking a moving target, especially a moving naval target would pose a significant challenge for any missile system. For the V-3B Anti-Ship Ballistic Missile to succeed, the system would need constant updated intelligence from a [b]number[/b] of sensor systems, both land and cosmic based. For the ground detection part of the system, Scientist decided to go with over the horizon (OTH) radar systems. OTH radar systems are primarily employed for early warning purposes, capable of viewing targets beyond the point where the majority of modern radar systems are constrained by the radar horizon.

Scientist had a choice between sky wave and surface wave radar systems. Sky wave radar systems are often more commonly referred to as OTH-B (backscatter) systems The primary drawback of an OTH-B radar is the presence of a large "blind zone", an area where the radar has no viewing capability. This is derived from the fact that the radars function by reflecting radar waves, usually in the 5 to 28 MHz frequency range, off of the Earths ionosphere. These reflected radar waves then reflect off of airborne or surface targets and travel back to the receiver.

When the Slavic Scientist saw these issues with the "backscatter" systems, they went with the surface wave radar system. OTH-SW eliminates the "blind zone" found in OTH-B systems. OTH-SW systems diffract radar waves around the Earth along the surface of the ocean, allowing them to travel beyond the traditional radar horizon. OTH-SW uses advanced Doppler processing techniques to filter out surface clutter and allow for accurate target detection.

Beyond that, the Ballistic Missile would also need an array of space sensor technology. This technology would come in the form is newly developed satellites, which will have EO (Earth Obersvation), CCD Imaging (charge-coupled device), and SAR (Synthetic aperture radar). Bringing this altogether will be radar altimeter, to measure the ocean topography, a comm relay network for datalinking the radar information from the other assets (awacs or the like, 400km from the target) and GPS downlinking will work alongside other units to maximize accuracy in hitting ships on the open seas. On the otherhand, the Slavic Federation could launch many short duration, micro-Earth Observation satellites in times of conflict.

Another system that will be used will be UAVs. While not needed, they will help by painting a more accurate picture, by doing advanced scouting in front of the war zone. Essentially, the OTH radar will give the base initial idea of incoming fleet. This information would be combined with data of the recon satellites to provide a more precise and more accurate targeting data. In the cruising process, the missile would have to continuously communicate with the base through those new Data relay satellites to improve the precision.

[quote][b][size=3][center]Missile Specifications[/center][/size][/b]

[img]http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/8996/800pxmoscowparad2008bal.jpg[/img]

[b]Name:[/b] V-3B Anti-Ship Ballistic Missile
[b]Weight:[/b] 14,700 kilograms (32,000 lb)
[b]Length:[/b] 10.7 metres (35 ft)
[b]Diameter:[/b] 1.4 metres (4.6 ft)
[b]Warhead:[/b] One Warhead or three maneuverable reentry vehicle (Which are capable of switching direction in flight)
[b]Operational Range:[/b] 3,000 kilometres (1,900 mi)
[b]Speed Mach:[/b] 10
[b]Missile guidance system:[/b] Initial guidance for the missile is inertial, to plot reentry over the spot where the target should be. Terminal guidance will be imaging radar, autonomous laser targeting, and onboard passive ELINT targetting sensor. The advent of advanced image processing technologies, image recognition couple with autonomous laser targeting introduces greater accuracy.
[b]Space Guidance Systems:[/b] Satellites with EO (Earth Obersvation), CCD Imaging (charge-coupled device), and SAR (Synthetic aperture radar). Bringing this altogether will be radar altimeter, to measure the ocean topography, a comm relay network for datalinking the radar information from the other assets (awacs or the like, 400km from the target) and GPS downlinking
[b]Ground Based Guidance Systems:[/b] Over-The-Horizon Surface Wave (OTH-SW) radar, with a range of 400km
[b]Launch platform:[/b] Mobile launcher or silo[/quote]

The Ministry of Defense has sent out the first order for the new Anti-Ship Ballistic Missile System. The first batch will be entering production soon. This will be the mobile varient.

[quote name='Triyun' date='22 May 2010 - 10:30 AM' timestamp='1274545797' post='2308072']
Satellites are a beautiful thing.
[/quote]
OOC: Regardless, how would he have all that information about them? He would only see the buildings and structures, and that's assuming I ever even got around to RPing developing them.

Edited by Kaede Alexeivich

[quote name='Kaede Alexeivich' date='22 May 2010 - 06:22 PM' timestamp='1274548942' post='2308122']
OOC: Regardless, how would he have all that information about them? He would only see the buildings and structures, and that's assuming I ever even got around to RPing developing them.
[/quote]

OOC: I'd assume it's easy to differentiate a labor camp from your government's palace/whatever.

IC: "The Federation will have to decline the GDR's offer, but thanks anyway."

-His Imperial Highness James II, Emperor of the Slavic Federation, King of Caucasia, Chief Priest, Imperator of the Slavic Armed Forces, Imperium Maius, First Man of the Senate, and Imperial Censor of the State

*Classified Reply to Rebel Army*
"We accept."

Edited by Drakedeath

[quote name='Drakedeath' date='22 May 2010 - 11:35 AM' timestamp='1274549738' post='2308139']
OOC: I'd assume it's easy to differentiate a labor camp from your government's palace/whatever.
[/quote]
OOC: Maybe so, but still, you wouldn't know really what it was, or what goes on there, and you [i]definitely[/i] wouldn't know what is going on in it, or why.

[quote name='Kaede Alexeivich' date='22 May 2010 - 06:41 PM' timestamp='1274550089' post='2308145']
OOC: Maybe so, but still, you wouldn't know really what it was, or what goes on there, and you [i]definitely[/i] wouldn't know what is going on in it, or why.
[/quote]

OOC: I could hazard a guess.

[b][center][u][size="5"]Naval Expansion[/size][/u][/center][/b]
Today, the old Caucasian Royal Navy was recreated, starting with the recommissioning of the five Azeri Class battleships [i]James II, Ty Eyvindsson, Lavo Shalam, Michael Visari,[/i] and [i]Dan Donegan.[/i] Other ships are undergoing maintenance and are expected to return to active duty over the next weeks. Emperor James II issued a statement on the matter.

"Today marks a great day in Slavic history, when the coasts of the Black Sea are no longer vulnerable to our foes, when the Caspian and Canal commerce is protected by a Slavic fleet. I am proud to commission these five ships to join the rest of the Slavic fleet in active service."

[center][img]http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/2551/launcht.gif[/img][/center]
[center][b]Launch of Micro Satellites[/b][/center]
The Department of Labor and Construction has begun to construct OTH-SW RADAR along the Slavic coastlines, in preparation for the V-3B Anti-Ship Ballistic Missiles. In addition dozens of satellites, which will have EO (Earth Obersvation), CCD Imaging (charge-coupled device), and SAR (Synthetic aperture radar) will be launched in the coming days. Of course, these satellites will be geosynchronous, making them extremely difficult to shoot down.

It has been decided that the new V-3B Anti-Ship Ballistic Missiles will be deployed in Rocket Troop regiments. The missiles will be placed in regiments, with six missiles in each one. Five regiments will be deployed to each Slavic state.

Hardened silos, which are EMP'd shielded and hardened, to accommodate the V-3B will be constructed as well.

Edited by Malatose

[b]Secret IC:[/b]

Announcement from the Ministry of Defense

While recent intelligence reports that war is not on the horizon, It is important for us to take all necessary steps to make sure our armed forces are in the utmost shape. After looking at various internal reports on the state of the Slavic Military, it was revealed that we were only prepared to fight a short and quick conflict, in regards to our stockpile of munitions, spare parts and supplies. Therefore, as part of our plan to prepare for a worldwide conflict, I am ordering the following.

- Increase of production for military munitions. (Howitzer Shells, Bullets, Tank Shells, et cetera)

- Increase of production for military spare parts.

- Merging of all the Logistical Supply Services to allow for ease of re-supply and transport during wartime operations

- Modernization of military production facilities, which are in need.

- Placing all arms production factories and companies under the supervision of the Ministry of Defense

Defense is one of the most important things in the Federation. Therefore, as per suggestions from the Imperial Government, I am, hereby, ordering the construction of underground munition factories. These factories must be able to withstand a nuclear blast and deep enough to withstand an attack from a bunker buster type munition. Construction is to begin at once.

In regards to the factories already in service, defenses around them must be strengthened, in the form of Surface to Air munitions and armed guards to prevent sabatoge and air attack.

Signed,
Ministry of Defense

Edited by Malatose

Secret IC:

"The Slavic Military is at 90% efficiency. We soon be able to combat any threat and be able to deploy anywhere in the world." Defense Minster Alexandy Pretey said.

Alec Pradeux smiled and straitened his overcoat, "Defenses..how are our defenses?"

"Well, our nation already consist of rugged hills and jagged mountains. That'd make any invasion almost impossible. However, if an enemy wants to destroy you, they will find a way. That is why heavy defenses are being constructed in the mountains. These defenses will catch the enemy off guard, and they'll be virtually impossible to detect. Coastal defenses are being constructed as well. The first Rocket Troop regiment of Anti-Ship Ballistic Missiles are already being prepared."

"That is good, Minister. However, I am concerned about the Germans. The North Germans are pretty mild..but those communist ones. I don't trust them." Pradeux stated

Alexandy Pretey responded with a shocked look on his face, "Don't we have agreements with them? I highly doubt they would violate them.."

Pradeux stood up, "Communist. They're your friend one day. The next day they want you dead. I want defenses prepared. Their military is far beyond ours. They'd rush our borders in any conflict."

"My Emperor, might I suggest two nuclear mines? Each mine will have a yield of 500KT and will be detonated upon any enemy invasion from the communist."

Pradeux smiled, "that is fine..fine indeed."

--