A quick letter to Australia

Fizzydog

[quote]Dear Lady Sarah Tintagyl,

I do not have time to meet in person, but was wondering if I, I as in NTR, may purchase around 2 miles of Antarctic land for about 1 billion NTR dollars. We know we have no relations with you, but this is all in the name of science, not one soldier or even a weapon other then knives and other archeological tools will be brought. A group of fifty scientist will set up a camp and buildings and study the beautiful sky, landscape and sea life that Antarctica has to offer. We are, as always, willing to compromise and etc. If you must meet in person then we shall, but we must make it quick, as there are many other important events to attend to.

Sincerely,
Wenzel Higgins, NTR Vice President.

*With permission of NTR President Yiroshi.[/quote]

It was about mid-morning when the letter from the Nos Tres Republic arrived on the doorstep of Sarah Tintagyl's Transvaaler Ranch. When the postman had brought it up the long drive of the few hundred acres of apple orchards she had been able to purchase from the government, she had been sitting on the front porch, gently rocking back and forth in on of the wooden chairs as she watched the sun gently strike the trees and smiled. She did love it here in Transvaal. Sarah had been retired from Australian politics for about eight months now, living off of her pensions and her fame, she had a troop of servants that she treated extremely well, along with her daughters, Heather, now sixteen, and Terra who had been rescued from Dranagg only recently, at twenty-one. Though when the postman had arrived with a letter from the Nos Tres Government, Sarah chuckled as she took the letter from his hand.

"From Nos Tres? Must be asking me to speak or something." Sarah still got vast arrays of fan mail and governments, universities, and so on asking her to give speeches or appear at dinners, various kinds of things. But when she opened the letter, a huge grin crossed her face as she broke out into laughter. "Oh the poor dears still think I'm in charge of what is going on in Australia." She looked up at the postman and nodded. "Thank you sir, I'll take it from here."

She got up from the chair, finishing her glass of lemonade, walking into the house, minding the mess that Terra and Heather had made on the living room floor. Before sitting down at the dinning room table and beginning her letter to the Nos Tres Government.

[quote]
[i]Dear Vice President Higgins,

I must apologize, though you need to read the news a bit better. I have been retired from Australian politics for around eight months now and have no jurisdiction to hand you Antarctican lands whatsoever. Your best bet is sending this to the Australian government, the Queen or the Prime Minister respectfully and they might be able to help you. The only land I have to my name is a few hundred acres in Transvaal. Good luck with the land acquisition though and I hope this return letter finds both you and your country in good health.

Sincerely,

Sarah Tintagyl[/i]
[/quote]

Upon the reading of the letter, the NTR government face palmed.
Emma Golding, who happened to be in the room, left before anything...happened.

Upon a second permission of Yiroshi, the letter was re addressed:

[quote]Dearest Australian Government,

I do not have time to meet in person, but was wondering if I, I as in NTR, may purchase around 2 miles of Antarctic land for about 1 billion NTR dollars. We know we have no relations with you, but this is all in the name of science, not one soldier or even a weapon other then knives and other archeological tools will be brought. A group of fifty scientist will set up a camp and buildings and study the beautiful sky, landscape and sea life that Antarctica has to offer. We are, as always, willing to compromise and etc. If you must meet in person then we shall, but we must make it quick, as there are many other important events to attend to.

Sincerely,
Wenzel Higgins, NTR Vice President.

*With permission of NTR President Yiroshi.[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

As busy as the Australian government had been lately, especially with the planned re-organization of the military, it wasn't a wonder that one letter had managed to slip through the cracks.

But the second time around, it managed to push itself past the low-level bureaocrats that screened such communications, to the Queen. She assigned the Duke of Darwin, Theodore Jameson, to make any negotiations he saw fit.

All he would ask for would be a map of the prosepctive research station and the land that would go with it.

OOC: AKA, if you can, provide a map with an indication as to where it will be.

• 2 weeks later...