NSO Government Change

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='02 March 2010 - 09:31 PM' timestamp='1267583676' post='2212123']
Perhaps a loose definition of "we", but he [i]is[/i] government.

I'm a little confused regarding "The promise was the will of his alliance". You people actually wanted your leader to back himself into a corner? :huh:
[/quote]
I am also government, but the statements by our leadership made it clear we had lost (as if it weren't obvious enough?). Personal opinions do not make the alliance's statements false. I pray that we never resort to judging alliances by the opinions of each member, but to each his own I suppose.

I don't think you understand what I mean by the 'will of the alliance' implies. We voted not to surrender. Ivan said he'd fulfill that vote or he'd step down. We did not vote on the issue of 'how to force Ivan to resign' and I find it an insult on the part of our membership to say so. Please save your garbage for another alliance.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Pedron Niall' date='02 March 2010 - 09:36 PM' timestamp='1267583984' post='2212132']
I don't think you understand what I mean by the 'will of the alliance' implies. We voted not to surrender. Ivan said he'd fulfill that vote or he'd step down. We did not vote on the issue of 'how to force Ivan to resign' and I find it an insult on the part of our membership to say so. Please save your garbage for another alliance.
[/quote]

Couldn't you have just done a re-vote? :huh:

And were it not for the nuclear waste in the air of my nation, our environment would be impeccable. We have no garbage to save: Alzadar recycles. :P

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='02 March 2010 - 09:41 PM' timestamp='1267584312' post='2212137']
Couldn't you have just done a re-vote? :huh:

And were it not for the nuclear waste in the air of my nation, our environment would be impeccable. We have no garbage to save: Alzadar recycles. :P
[/quote]
He made a promise and he failed. The only way to keep his word was to step down. No re-vote, even if we had done it, would validate breaking one's word. I know, on cybernations, this type of thing doesn't mean very much but I personally thought it was very honourable for him. On top of that, he probably saved the alliance he cared about from much worse consequences. Of course, he's a self-styled prick, so I won't go further on that point ;).

Well then keep your recycles out, good sir, we have no place for hippies in our dark Sith Empire.