NSO Government Change

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like both Ivan and Lint, so do not take this question for anything more than it is, a question that probably has an interesting answer.

Why do you feel keeping your word and not personally surrendering, and resigning your command before your alliance surrenders, is honorable in light of the situation you put your alliance in? Your alliance is at its lowest moment, destroyed in war, with many IA and FA issues to address, and needing strong leadership to rebuild itself. Instead of taking charge of that you decide to step down and make it other people's problems? To me it seems like this would be the time for a great leader to take the personal hit in order for the betterment of the whole, but you are not doing that, you are letting your personal feelings work to the detriment of your alliance.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='27 February 2010 - 06:09 AM' timestamp='1267251199' post='2206055']
Your resignation wasn't mandatory. You held it up as a PR threat in the event we wouldn't concede to something less than a surrender. Your bluff was called and now you're attempting to spin it. I'm sad to say, but Grub's actually a fair bit better than you at this.
[/quote]

An alliance would have to be pretty pathetic for their [i]enemy's[/i] leadership change to be a viable PR threat. And I don't think Ivan would be prone to such a gross underestimation.

Good luck to Ivan, Lintwad and NSO. Hopefully the transition is smooth and you guys can get back on your feet quickly.

EDIT: Personally I am torn with Ivan's resignation as I am glad he kept his word, but wish he didn't have to step down.

Edited by Jinnai

After reading through this thread, and in particular [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=81774&view=findpost&p=2206161"]this[/url] post by Ivan, I conclude that Ivan is one of the people best suited for leadership in this entire game. Good luck in the future, NSO, and hopefully we could be friends again some day :wub:

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='27 February 2010 - 06:51 AM' timestamp='1267253710' post='2206161']
For all the verbosity in this post it all boils down to you having the opinion that it would be better to keep a job as a liar than lose a job as a truthful person.

I disagree.

I am still part of the NSO and I leave my post in very capable hands. Contrary to some opinions, it moved past a simple cult of personality a long time ago and a good hard war like we just experienced does a lot towards creating a strong core of nations to rebuild upon.

If the NSO was reliant solely on me then that means I have failed it in every way regardless of what I did here today.
[/quote]

very well said Ivan. 1 man does not an alliance make. Youve done a fine job building NSO up from the ground and I am sure you will be there for a long time to continue to see to its growth.
In a world that is built upon the actions of your words, in the end all we have IS our word. One should chose to make their word mean something. You have done this well.

o/ Ivan Moldavi

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='26 February 2010 - 10:09 PM' timestamp='1267251199' post='2206055']
Your resignation wasn't mandatory. You held it up as a PR threat in the event we wouldn't concede to something less than a surrender. Your bluff was called and now you're attempting to spin it. I'm sad to say, but Grub's actually a fair bit better than you at this.
[/quote]
Only... you had to know that it was. Great work forcing an A List Alliance (somewhere GOD will never even be near) into this action however.
Keep it up with the lulz sunshine. Laugh yourselves to death. :)

o/ NSO!

Good luck to Lintwad and NSO. o/

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='27 February 2010 - 12:51 AM' timestamp='1267253710' post='2206161']
If the NSO was reliant solely on me then that means I have failed it in every way regardless of what I did here today.
[/quote]

My hat is off to you Ivan. You certainly have my respect.

[quote name='PrideAssassin' date='27 February 2010 - 02:46 AM' timestamp='1267267775' post='2206344']
Only... you had to know that it was. Great work forcing an A List Alliance (somewhere GOD will never even be near) into this action however.
Keep it up with the lulz sunshine. Laugh yourselves to death. :)

o/ NSO!
[/quote]
Excellent work forcing your ally to step down by declaring your war, forcing an A List Alliance into this action. See how that works? It's nobody's fault but Ivan's and the NSO's. It is their alliance, and their course of action. Ivan felt it necessary to step down to uphold his word for the better of his alliance. His self-morals surpass that of many alliance leadership. And this is an action that shines of it. Whether it was the smartest, or wisest course of action depends on NSO's ability to maintain their course and recover without him as their figurehead.

[quote name='Micheal Malone' date='27 February 2010 - 03:16 AM' timestamp='1267269602' post='2206364']
Excellent work forcing your ally to step down by declaring your war, forcing an A List Alliance into this action. See how that works? It's nobody's fault but Ivan's and the NSO's. It is their alliance, and their course of action. Ivan felt it necessary to step down to uphold his word for the better of his alliance. His self-morals surpass that of many alliance leadership. And this is an action that shines of it. Whether it was the smartest, or wisest course of action depends on NSO's ability to maintain their course and recover without him as their figurehead.
[/quote]
Oh, I know how it works. Especially when there's a rather large knife in your back.

[quote name='DictatatorDan' date='27 February 2010 - 02:04 AM' timestamp='1267254453' post='2206185']
Be it what it may, your sense of morals greatly surpasses mine, maybe to the point of foolishness. Arguably, you are right, and know more than I know about the inards of NSO. However I see it as selfindulgence in your own vanity. To put your own sense of pride ahead of the needs of your alliance is a regretable blemish on your own character.
[/quote]

LOL. Lazy Majesty thar?

Let me know when you kill NAAC or control a color, then I'll be impressed with your little words.