The Great Reset

MaGneT

[quote name='silentkiller' date='16 February 2010 - 05:00 PM' timestamp='1266361206' post='2186383']
I and many others refresh our AA's every once in a while, so no you could'nt
[/quote]
Wait, why do you do that?
[quote name='Jesse End' date='16 February 2010 - 06:16 PM' timestamp='1266365798' post='2186514']
I even did it for you, it only took a couple minutes. There are exactly 30 nations whose AA became NPO between 4/21, 2009 and 7/19, 2009, some of whom were already long time members of the NPO. Others were likely new members because our recruitment dept didn't shut down during the war.

So, now your unsubstantiated claim is further weakened by the fact that you've overstated the number of members we gained by 3 times as much, while you still don't have any data to prove whatever you're trying to prove.

What exactly are you trying to prove again?
[/quote]
I'm not trying to prove anything other than you gained members during the war. I have no idea why you think I have some sort of conspiracy toward you. As I said earlier I don't really care if the NPO rises again.

Anyway, so it seem your own claim of only 30 was proven wrong by the poster above you.

If you really, and I mean, really want the data, I suggest you go to somebody like Unspeakable Evil, or perhaps Impero of VE- who had brought those numbers to my attention at the time.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just silly thing some of us like to do, and apparently we arent alone in this. <_<

Edit: now I remembered why first did it, started doing it during the Karma war to get pm's from Shinra about how evil NPO is and how we shouldnt join it. Thats my first AA refresh iirc. A lot of other members did just that to see how many would get the same message.

Edited by silentkiller

[quote name='Earogema' date='16 February 2010 - 05:27 PM' timestamp='1266366458' post='2186532']
Wait, why do you do that?

I'm not trying to prove anything other than you gained members during the war. I have no idea why you think I have some sort of conspiracy toward you. As I said earlier I don't really care if the NPO rises again.

Anyway, so it seem your own claim of only 30 was proven wrong by the poster above you.

If you really, and I mean, really want the data, I suggest you go to somebody like Unspeakable Evil, or perhaps Impero of VE- who had brought those numbers to my attention at the time.
[/quote]

My 'claim' of only 30? That's taken directly from the alliance seniority, it's not a claim, it's fact, go look it up yourself. Since you seem to be more interested in just attempting to smear us, I'll even help you out so you don't have to figure out dates -> seniority: that war started 301 days ago and ended 212 days ago.

How was I proven wrong now? silentkiller gives an example of how many of those were already members of NPO, not new recruits. That's exactly what I said too.

Of course we continued to recruit new members during the war, our recruitment dept is good at their job and didn't stop because we were at war. Other alliances gained members too, that's kinda how this planet works. That was explained to you twice already, are you even fully reading the responses here?

[quote name='Jesse End' date='16 February 2010 - 06:40 PM' timestamp='1266367238' post='2186555']
My 'claim' of only 30? That's taken directly from the alliance seniority, it's not a claim, it's fact, go look it up yourself. Since you seem to be more interested in just attempting to smear us, I'll even help you out so you don't have to figure out dates -> seniority: that war started 301 days ago and ended 212 days ago.

How was I proven wrong now? silentkiller gives an example of how many of those were already members of NPO, not new recruits. That's exactly what I said too.

Of course we continued to recruit new members during the war, our recruitment dept is good at their job and didn't stop because we were at war. Other alliances gained members too, that's kinda how this planet works. That was explained to you twice already, are you even fully reading the responses here?
[/quote]
I'm not sure you're reading because you keep assuming I'm trying to smear Pacifica. I mean, it's not like I posted a thread calling out GOD or anything, right? :awesome:

You were proven wrong because if those nations refreshed their AAs, then the count will be lower than the 30 that you had acquired. If this is the case, then relying upon this method is flawed. I did not know that NPO nations are told or that they usually refresh AA, so I had no idea that method was impractical at the time I suggested it.

Basically, after around 100 days or so, these recruits would have just refreshed their AA and now, I couldn't find that they were recruits on this day.

The only way therefore is to go by the nation founded date- and find how many were founded on between those dates that are members, which would take a lot of time to do since it isn't easily organized. That however is also flawed, because that doesn't mean they were members during that time.

[quote name='Earogema' date='16 February 2010 - 05:47 PM' timestamp='1266367661' post='2186569']
I'm not sure you're reading because you keep assuming I'm trying to smear Pacifica. I mean, it's not like I posted a thread calling out GOD or anything, right? :awesome:

You were proven wrong because if those nations refreshed their AAs, then the count will be lower than the 30 that you had acquired. If this is the case, then relying upon this method is flawed. I did not know that NPO nations are told or that they usually refresh AA, so I had no idea that method was impractical at the time I suggested it.

Basically, after around 100 days or so, these recruits would have just refreshed their AA and now, I couldn't find that they were recruits on this day.

The only way therefore is to go by the nation founded date- and find how many were founded on between those dates that are members, which would take a lot of time to do since it isn't easily organized. That however is also flawed, because that doesn't mean they were members during that time.
[/quote]

Honestly, I don't have the slightest idea what your point is by claiming we 'recruited en masse during the war', or even what this has to do with it. Would you mind making your point more clear?

[quote name='Jesse End' date='16 February 2010 - 07:03 PM' timestamp='1266368603' post='2186594']
Honestly, I don't have the slightest idea what your point is by claiming we 'recruited en masse during the war', or even what this has to do with it. Would you mind making your point more clear?
[/quote]
It was this point:
[quote name='Letum' date='14 February 2010 - 07:32 AM' timestamp='1266154342' post='2180743']
It is quite amusing that you would put these two statements in succession. Doubtless your biased speculation is more accurate than the actual observations of someone who, even if not involved in high-level policy making, at least has a front-row view to the popular opinion and cultural shifts within the order. And those are critical to understanding an alliance despite any level of transparency (which has, admittedly, vastly improved). An alliance is nothing without its people, and despite what some quarters would like to tell themselves to feel better, we did not stick through a year of war and tech farming just because we're "brainwashed".
[/quote]
I was saying that many members didn't actually stay, but that you simply were recruiting new ones during the war.

Looking back though, it seems there have been a few contradictions for both sides. :awesome:

[quote name='Earogema' date='16 February 2010 - 06:08 PM' timestamp='1266368894' post='2186599']
It was this point:

I was saying that many members didn't actually stay, but that you simply were recruiting new ones during the war.

Looking back though, it seems there have been a few contradictions for both sides. :awesome:
[/quote]

Yeah, we did recruit a few new members during the war, we also had some who were members already and rerolled, and there were also a few that left. There are a lot who remained through the entire time. Does that clear it up?

[quote name='Jesse End' date='16 February 2010 - 07:11 PM' timestamp='1266369072' post='2186603']
Yeah, we did recruit a few new members during the war, we also had some who were members already and rerolled, and there were also a few that left. There are a lot who remained through the entire time. Does that clear it up?
[/quote]
For the sake of stopping this cycle: Yes. :v: