First Wonder

tudorjason

Make sure you do a little math first; just because you can buy it, does not mean it is the best use of your money. The reason Drai said 4k infra is a good place to start is by then you should have most of the economic improvements, depending on your trade set. Improvements are a lot more efficient then wonders, so buying more infra and getting more econ improvements can often be better then the wonder. A wonder can't be destroyed like infrastructure can be though, and there is the wonder clock to consider, so both choices have pros and cons.

Make sure you do a little math first; just because you can buy it, does not mean it is the best use of your money. The reason Drai said 4k infra is a good place to start is by then you should have most of the economic improvements, depending on your trade set. Improvements are a lot more efficient then wonders, so buying more infra and getting more econ improvements can often be better then the wonder. A wonder can't be destroyed like infrastructure can be though, and there is the wonder clock to consider, so both choices have pros and cons.

Very true...I was thinking recently that the common census now in CN is to go something along the lines of: Stock Market, SSS, UHC, IS, etc. for the Wonder order...but IMO if you actively deal Tech (buyer or seller), then the DRA shpuls be much higher on the list (kind of like how FM moved up the list overtime), as the extra Aide slot comes in huger w/ bigger Tech Deals and shortening time spans.

Thoughts>? :)

Very true...I was thinking recently that the common census now in CN is to go something along the lines of: Stock Market, SSS, UHC, IS, etc. for the Wonder order...

Surely mistyped UHC and intended to put something different in there, like DRA. The Universal Health Care wonder requires a nation to have 11k infra, requires you to alread have your National Reserch Lab and costs 100m, quite outside the range of a nation just getting into wonders...

Edited by Jesusaurus

A lot of people have suggested the Stock Market ($30 million - +$10.00 income) first. Isn't the Internet ($35 million - +5 happiness) better? I always though you shoul go population happiness over income.

Edited by Ch33kY

A lot of people have suggested the Stock Market ($30 million - +$10.00 income) first. Isn't the Internet ($35 million - +5 happiness) better? I always though you shoul go population happiness over income.

I'm reliably informed thats +$10 income before modifiers, so it jumps up to be worth more than the happiness, plus happiness is affected by GRL.

I'm reliably informed thats +$10 income before modifiers, so it jumps up to be worth more than the happiness, plus happiness is affected by GRL.

Careful there.

While you are correct about the GRL thing, income increases from happiness get all of the modifiers that direct income improvements get. That is to say, banks affect both income gained from the stock market and the great temple.

Happiness does have a few side benefits that are almost always ignored, but for all intents and purposes +$2 is slightly greater than +1 happiness.