The Mozambique Confederacy

thenb

Indeed. Peace and prosperity are best for all of us.

** At the conference **

So Mr. Wade, now that we have settled our differences, how about some lunch?

There's also something I want to show you...

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

** Conference **

I have been discussing this with Greece, but I thought you might be interested. *Pulls out a file*

(This is Between you and me of course)

We are planning a joint WMD / SDI project. It could take time, but would make the 3 of us regional powers. If you would like to decline, I ask we keep this our little secret though.

**At Conference**

Hmm, interesting proposal. How much would this cost? I am planning education and health overhauls sometime in the near future for my nation, and would not like to overexert myself.

I do like the idea of an SDI for protection, however I am not sure of my stance on nuclear weapons. Give me some time to think.

** Conference **

The SDI would be what we would be focused on, and being that we are neighbors it would cost much less to create a joint one then separately. The cost would not be outrageous, as we would be sharing it among the 3 of us.

The WMDs are a secondary objective, and if you want no part in them it is perfectly understandable.

OOC: **GM Post**

Mozambique is, to my knowledge, a third world country. According to both RL sense and ERP rules, third world countries can't develop SDI's, or more than the most primitive WMDs. (Early nukes like Fat Man are fine.) Through extensive trade with first world nations and extensive RP, you may become a first world nation.

OOC: right. i was not planning on 1 day, i was thinking it would take at least a year, perhaps 2-3 (so at least a month)

plus it is the combined recources of the 3

IC:

** Conference **

Aside from that, we should work on getting our whole region out of poverty. Perhaps an economic agreement between us and SA.

** Conference **

well first we need to ensure economic prosperity. may I suggest a Southern African Economic Treaty to be added to our NAP (this would involve Greece and SA as well since they both signed the NAP)

** Conference **

well first we need to ensure economic prosperity. may I suggest a Southern African Economic Treaty to be added to our NAP (this would involve Greece and SA as well since they both signed the NAP)

OOC: SA didn't sign the NAP

Rather excellent. The clause we will be adding is:

Article V

The signatories agree to give the other signatories preferential treatment in trade, and to remove all excessive tariffs on goods from the other signatories, as well as other barriors to trade.

OOC: can a mod please remove the (in conflict) part of the topic title?

also someone ask them to then. i thought they did...

Edited by thenb

Article II. Free Trade (this clause can be taken out if one of you doesn't want it)

Greece, the Confederacy of Mozambique, and the Republic of Mozambique agree to lift all tariffs on trade between them.

OOC: A free trade clause is already included in the current NAP