End of Round Survey 2 of 2

thaisport

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Please post your comments here. I trust everyone to be respectful to other when making constructive comments/criticisms.

For me, I gave myself a personal grade of "C" as my my resources I should have found a trade circle which never put me into contention of being in the top 10 nations.

My alliance grade is a B. I think Harmful did quite well this round but doesn't deserve an A grade. There are room for improvement in activity and other things but we did fight very well this round and it was quite fun.

Leadership grade for harmful, A. Lonewolfe and his team played this round very well both from a waring and planing aspect. The more accurate grade would be A-/B+ as there were a few things that could have been better as mention above.

Edited by thaisport

I gave myself a B. Beginning of the round war just knocked me down a lot.

My alliance gets a B. They really worked to rebuild from the bashing at the beginning of the round. A couple of glitches in the warring, but that's to be expected when you are training new guys.

Alliance Leadership.... ehhh, I'm biased.

I started this round as a member of Frostbite. One member from each of the four alliances of SE's Frostbite (NpO, NSO, STA, and tLC) represented FB here on Planet Steve. As one of the four leaders (I represented tLC), I put a lot of effort into getting our members ready, and I contributed much as our rep to the alliance as a whole. Then, one day I got onto IRC and discovered that a new govt had been established and I was asked to be part of that new govt. I reluctantly agreed, but quickly resigned my position for a variety of reasons. There was no legitimacy to the formation this new govt., but I saw no revolt from the membership either. As such, if the members wanted to follow a new govt., then so be it (although I am sure that the general membership assumed that this govt change was accomplished thru official channels). I soon went "rogue" and left FB, again for a number of reasons. After leaving, I heard that leadership changed from Darthactorbass to Caustic, who I spent some time with in tLC. I wondered how that transition occurred, and again wonder if the membership questioned the change. I am sure Caustic inheritted a difficult position, and I am sure that he did his best given that transitions are difficult at best. I know nothing of the innner-workings of FB during his reign. Although I liked DA and Caustic, I was surprised at the chain of events that happened for Frostbite. I expected big things from FB, and I don't think that the alliance accomplished near as much as it could have if all of the changes had not occurred. I hope that there will be more stability for them next round, and that they are a major player on Planet Steve. As for me, I will be part of a new alliance- SSI- next round and look forward to that experience. During my rogue period, I fought four memebrs of TPF. They were all excellent fighters, and it helped me get to know some of their members better. I think a lot of their organization from an outsiders perspective. Hope that all of you have fun next round!

-BigKat-

I started this round as a member of Frostbite. One member from each of the four alliances of SE's Frostbite (NpO, NSO, STA, and tLC) represented FB here on Planet Steve. As one of the four leaders (I represented tLC), I put a lot of effort into getting our members ready, and I contributed much as our rep to the alliance as a whole. Then, one day I got onto IRC and discovered that a new govt had been established and I was asked to be part of that new govt. I reluctantly agreed, but quickly resigned my position for a variety of reasons. There was no legitimacy to the formation this new govt., but I saw no revolt from the membership either. As such, if the members wanted to follow a new govt., then so be it (although I am sure that the general membership assumed that this govt change was accomplished thru official channels). I soon went "rogue" and left FB, again for a number of reasons. After leaving, I heard that leadership changed from Darthactorbass to Caustic, who I spent some time with in tLC. I wondered how that transition occurred, and again wonder if the membership questioned the change. I am sure Caustic inheritted a difficult position, and I am sure that he did his best given that transitions are difficult at best. I know nothing of the innner-workings of FB during his reign. Although I liked DA and Caustic, I was surprised at the chain of events that happened for Frostbite. I expected big things from FB, and I don't think that the alliance accomplished near as much as it could have if all of the changes had not occurred. I hope that there will be more stability for them next round, and that they are a major player on Planet Steve. As for me, I will be part of a new alliance- SSI- next round and look forward to that experience. During my rogue period, I fought four memebrs of TPF. They were all excellent fighters, and it helped me get to know some of their members better. I think a lot of their organization from an outsiders perspective. Hope that all of you have fun next round!

-BigKat-

One word: paragraphs.

B's across the board.

Personal: I did alright. Not bad trades, but screwed up my wonder buying. Didn't realize how much cheaper MPs are in TE. Had I known that, I'd be making people glow green right about now.

Alliance: We dug ourselves out of a hole and came back. We reached our goal of entering the sanction race this round (hooray!), but could have done more in terms of combat (boourns!)

Alliance Leadership: I'm biased here, but I think we did pretty well.

I gave it F across the board. Not enough action.

I mean come on it's TE :D

TE is for blowing stuff up!

Not enough of that happened this round imo.

Hopefully next round will be more exciting.

Edited by Liman Von Sanders

I gave it F across the board. Not enough action.

I mean come on it's TE :D

TE is for blowing stuff up!

Not enough of that happened this round imo.

Hopefully next round will be more exciting.

where were you? maybe your alliance just didn't do !@#$. I mean I've been in war since the beginning.

where were you? maybe your alliance just didn't do !@#$. I mean I've been in war since the beginning.

MCXA this round and real FAN last round.

What I'd like to see is round 8 being an all inclusive !@#$ kicking match where everybody fights like TE is supposed to be.

I'd like to see some repeats of the IDIOT wars and some repeats of the Judgement wars,

I'd like to see a repeat of the days when Big alliances brought their protectorate blocs in tow

when going to war. Many, many more massive wars. Basically I'd like to see people do TE the way it's supposed to be done.

MCXA this round and real FAN last round.

What I'd like to see is round 8 being an all inclusive !@#$ kicking match where everybody fights like TE is supposed to be.

I'd like to see some repeats of the IDIOT wars and some repeats of the Judgement wars,

I'd like to see a repeat of the days when Big alliances brought their protectorate blocs in tow

when going to war. Many, many more massive wars. Basically I'd like to see people play TE the way it's supposed to be played.

I have been in wars since the round started. I never even had a week's break between them, lol. If I had a large, sanctioned alliance, I suspect that I would be warring quite constantly.

I have been in wars since the round started. I never even had a week's break between them, lol. If I had a large, sanctioned alliance, I suspect that I would be warring quite constantly.

Rounds 2 and 3 were the best. Ok take the MCXA vs IDIOT war for instance, on one side, you hade MCXA/OJ/RD/FAN We were being hit by IDIOT/Islamic Brotherhood/Bucket of Chicken/Multicolored Coalition force/Cross-X alliance/etc. The only one of our assailants that wasn't a micro alliance was IDIOT. IB and BoC had less than 10 members between both of them.

JW 1, on one side we had real FAN/OJ/GDA/and whoever else vs MI and allies.

half of JW 2 was micro alliances. JW 2 started over Blackwater (a micro alliance).

King of the hill war involved small alliances. In round 4 I was in TGE vs FAN/Fire drill (8 weeks of non stop war). Rounds 5 through 7, the trend has been for micro alliances to avoid war and big alliances to not utilize them in massive battles. Thus you have half of Steve not fighting.

LE itself was a small alliance in Round 2/3. It's not asking much, just a return of the old types of wars (Big alliance and their protectorates/Satellites vs Big alliance and their Protectorates/satellites) aka a return of Micro alliances to the battlefield in big (and widely publicized) wars on Planet steve.

Rounds 2 and 3 were the best. Ok take the MCXA vs IDIOT war for instance, on one side, you hade MCXA/OJ/RD/FAN We were being hit by IDIOT/Islamic Brotherhood/Bucket of Chicken/Multicolored Coalition force/Cross-X alliance/etc. The only one of our assailants that wasn't a micro alliance was IDIOT. IB and BoC had less than 10 members between both of them.

JW 1, on one side we had real FAN/OJ/GDA/and whoever else vs MI and allies.

half of JW 2 was micro alliances. JW 2 started over Blackwater (a micro alliance).

King of the hill war involved small alliances. In round 4 I was in TGE vs FAN/Fire drill (8 weeks of non stop war). Rounds 5 through 7, the trend has been for micro alliances to avoid war and big alliances to not utilize them in massive battles. Thus you have half of Steve not fighting.

LE itself was a small alliance in Round 2/3. It's not asking much, just a return of the old types of wars (Big alliance and their protectorates/Satellites vs Big alliance and their Protectorates/satellites) aka a return of Micro alliances to the battlefield in big (and widely publicized) wars on Planet steve.

Makes me almost wish that Fight Club was still around so we could aid Black. :(

tl;dr: TPF rules.

I gave myself a B for the round. I didn't have as much time to do alliance things as I have had in the past which actually reeks, I love TE and TPF. I even felt the need to step back from gov work, and I surely didn't want to do that. I merely had little choice. I couldn't do things to the level of quality I wanted them done. It's better not to be selfish for the power and give someone better able to do the job a chance. With the time I had for TE, I did fairly well, and learned areas where I can improve, so B.

I think TPF gets a B as well, probably should be a B+. We made several strides this round. The Hatchery lead by TPF's Phoenix of Amber Bionic_Redhead was a great addition, and the entire alliance has benefitted from BR's good work. We're currently ranked #1 in alliance score, I didn't think I'd ever see that either. Even if we don't finish that way it's been a great ride. I do wish we had more wars. The start of the round war was fun. Our aborted war against Frostbite wasn't, I wish we could have kept that one going a while longer. I was afk with real life when it started and it ended so quickly I missed it. Darn. We couldn't quite get together another war this round, though a shout out to Priapism for providing me with some end-of-round fun. Can't complain too much though, it's been a great ride.

Our alliance leadership is the absolute best I've ever seen at TPF. Gabryal, BR, Wiz, dog, and of course, Burning Glory, all brilliant. JonBoy16 rocks too, but he was slightly afk this round. Our nation-building program is top-notch and the leadership there from Double 0 Seven and his aides has been invaluable. The newer junior members of gov are doing great too; we've got a wonderful crop of people coming up the pipeline, such as HiddenShadow, Pollocks, Wasteland, Curie, Pan Gaia and others, and all of our squad leaders. They provide a great deal of optimism for the future. Overall, I couldn't be more happy with our gov!

I also wanna give a shout-out to the great members of TPF. People like KOwens, Mark Reynolds, Steve McQueen, BrownBear, ContractKiller, Rude Land, mang balong, Rambozo, Rabbs, Bibliotech (you rule dude!), Pookieville, IOwnYou, Bosko, and ohhhh so many more, you guys are the backbone of our great alliance. There's just too many to list, but you are all awesome and I'd not trade you in for 10,000 beers.

Great poll, Thai.

You're awfully sexsay, y'know.

:wub: the poll, :wub: the round, :wub: everything about it. I think this was truely a great test of some alliances ability to endure the disadvantage war scenario, the advantage war scenario, and the "its even CB has no real use so go kick em to china and back!" scenario. RE, FB, MHA, TPF, AI, SOSB, Black, OB, WAPA, AZTEC, TF, LE, Fark, RD, TFK, and everyone I missed: You better be back next round as you made it lots of fun (first round I actually joined start to finish with the same alliance and got involved with it) On a more personal level: Thai, Hisk, Folger, Tibs, Itsuki, Caustic, Gabs, BG, andrewbird, Ed, Lysander, CP, ES, learje, and Marcus Id like to thank you for a great round with many friendly activities including wars, drinking, songs, trades, and just random stuff. See you next round and hopefully the GRL hits 2000 :laugh:

tl;dr read that I didnt type for nothing!

-tallah the soldier and bardsman

:wub: the poll, :wub: the round, :wub: everything about it. I think this was truely a great test of some alliances ability to endure the disadvantage war scenario, the advantage war scenario, and the "its even CB has no real use so go kick em to china and back!" scenario. RE, FB, MHA, TPF, AI, SOSB, Black, OB, WAPA, AZTEC, TF, LE, Fark, RD, TFK, and everyone I missed: You better be back next round as you made it lots of fun (first round I actually joined start to finish with the same alliance and got involved with it) On a more personal level: Thai, Hisk, Folger, Tibs, Itsuki, Caustic, Gabs, BG, andrewbird, Ed, Lysander, CP, ES, learje, and Marcus Id like to thank you for a great round with many friendly activities including wars, drinking, songs, trades, and just random stuff. See you next round and hopefully the GRL hits 2000 :laugh:

I think this is the most positive post I've ever seen on the OWF, it should be flagged, marked and stickied.

I only read the part with my name in it. :blush:

Woohoo! We got a mention! And yes, we'll be back next round.

Everybody regardless of size should war frequently that is what TE is for.

I wasn't included <.<

lol oh well, Itsuki takes credit...but he's just my puppet

/me laughs maniacally