Decrease the number of Senate Votes needed.....

Decrease the number of Senate Votes needed to actually be able to do anything. I'm technically a pink team senator but I only have one vote. Now, there are only 14 nations on the pink team so obtaining the necessary 5 votes or however many it is is quite difficult. I propose that there be no lower boundry that must be reached before senators can do anything.

I fully agree with this, I was #3 senator on yellow team last round (real FAN)

I had like 3 votes or so and had no sanction ability etc. I also feel there should be no vote threshold for sanctioning.

I think "no lower boundary" presents an unintentional window for an update senate rogue. (Vote for self, start sanctioning.) If you take out the lower boundary altogether (presumably it's there to prevent that sort of thing), then I suggest adding a time constraint from start of voting until senate powers are enabled. Perhaps the simplest way is just to disallow senate powers for an hour starting at update, so a "reasonable amount of the population" at least gets an opportunity to vote before a senator can start doing things.

I think "no lower boundary" presents an unintentional window for an update senate rogue. (Vote for self, start sanctioning.) If you take out the lower boundary altogether (presumably it's there to prevent that sort of thing), then I suggest adding a time constraint from start of voting until senate powers are enabled. Perhaps the simplest way is just to disallow senate powers for an hour starting at update, so a "reasonable amount of the population" at least gets an opportunity to vote before a senator can start doing things.

True there. Maybe an hour would do some good.

You have some spheres where one alliance controls the entire sphere.

What alliance is 100% active?

Now 10% of 14 members is 1.4 votes.

Still easy to go rogue, just have a buddy vote for you.

How's about lowering the sanction threshold from 5 votes to 3 votes?

You have some spheres where one alliance controls the entire sphere.

What alliance is 100% active?

Now 10% of 14 members is 1.4 votes.

Still easy to go rogue, just have a buddy vote for you.

How's about lowering the sanction threshold from 5 votes to 3 votes?

Or how about two? There's always a chance for rogues. Plus, the minimum of two votes would only allow rogues on the smaller teams. There's very little damage they can do in teams such as pink.

Or how about two? There's always a chance for rogues. Plus, the minimum of two votes would only allow rogues on the smaller teams. There's very little damage they can do in teams such as pink.

Red, Pink and Yellow.

Ok Removing the threshold increases the risk of rogues.

1 hour? are you guys serious?

You get senate and there is no one online to vote you out.

Your sphere is dominated by Americans, Update is around midnight for us.

Say Rogue senator lives in the US central timezone, It isn't much of a stretch

to wait until 1 AM and start sanctioning big nations on your sphere.

How about no threshold BUT have a 24 hour waiting period before your sanction powers are instated. That would be an even more reasonable (And more realistic) amount of time for people to disagree and vote you out.

Red, Pink and Yellow.

Ok Removing the threshold increases the risk of rogues.

1 hour? are you guys serious?

You get senate and there is no one online to vote you out.

Your sphere is dominated by Americans, Update is around midnight for us.

Say Rogue senator lives in the US central timezone, It isn't much of a stretch

to wait until 1 AM and start sanctioning big nations on your sphere.

How about no threshold BUT have a 24 hour waiting period before your sanction powers are instated. That would be an even more reasonable (And more realistic) amount of time for people to disagree and vote you out.

Anywhere between 1-24 hours is fine. Of course, waiting until senate voting is done is fine as well.

I know what you mean about timezone troubles; I am, after all, a Floridian. Update for me is 1 am.

To: Greg House From: Slimjd33 Date: 10/22/2009 4:56:46 PM

Subject: RE: Sanction

Message: I would love to but unfortunately unless I have 30 votes I cannot create sanctions. My powers are limited to negotiating with other team Senators for the sanctions against nations. If you will explain to me why he should be sanctioned,, I will gladly attempt to complete your request.

Sincerely,

Lt. Slimjd33

Blaclwater Training Academy

He says 30 votes. The guide says about that. 5 votes is actually off.

He says 30 votes. The guide says about that. 5 votes is actually off.
:. Order Sanctions Against Bourbon (AbeVigoda)

Sanctions Ordered Against : Bourbon (AbeVigoda) -

Sanctions Ordered By: Bullet Marsh (Slimjd33) -

Reason For Sanction:

You do not have enough votes from your team to place sanctions at this time. You need at least 30 votes.

Now the person in this quote was not on my list to be sanctioned, I was using this as an example, Without 30 votes you cannot sanction, theres not enough nations on the team to even do so. I just think it's a little ridiculous.