Reconstruction

HHAYD

"We will be able to help fund the reconstruction progress."

"We second our ally on this. We are willing to provide up to $20 billion for the reconstruction of the GLS, to be undertaken on a monthly basis. You do not have to pay us back, for a stable neighbor is all we seek. Would you like to sign either a MDoAP/MDP/NAP with us?"

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We second our ally on this. We are willing to provide up to $20 billion for the reconstruction of the GLS, to be undertaken on a monthly basis. You do not have to pay us back, for a stable neighbor is all we seek. Would you like to sign either a MDoAP/MDP/NAP with us?"

"We thank you for the money, but I am not sure about a treaty. Besides, I can't sign one without the Legislative approval. I am not in a mood to violate the GLS Constitution again." was Frank Swater's public reply.

"We thank you for the money, but I am not sure about a treaty. Besides, I can't sign one without the Legislative approval. I am not in a mood to violate the GLS Constitution again." was Frank Swater's public reply.

***PRIVATE***

"You can forget about the treaty for now. All we want is to bring back stability to the GLS, considering that the current chaos within the GLS is also causing some negative effects to Disparu, and possibly New England."

***PRIVATE***

"You can forget about the treaty for now. All we want is to bring back stability to the GLS, considering that the current chaos within the GLS is also causing some negative effects to Disparu, and possibly New England."

Private reply from Frank Swater:

"I understand now. The money that you will be sending will help a lot with our reconstruction. I wonder how will I repay you later?"

------------------

Outside of New City:

"Lets go, those one-shot artillery guns are really going to wreak chaos on New City." a TUO officer snickered as his small unit and he quickly fled from the dozens of one-shot 120mm artillery guns that were connected to timers. Once the timers go off, the artillery guns will fire shells at New City.

A few minutes later...

Inside New City:

"Did you hear artillery guns firing?" asked one of the repair workers. "Meh, must be those New Englanders going happy trigger over the guerrilla fighters again." replied the supervisor.

High explosive shells land on the repair crew, blowing nearby buildings and the repair crew to pieces

-------------------------------

OOC: I don't plan on RPing another full scale war, but it is going to be just like Vietnam War when the masked man establishes his source of income and rebuild his army.

Edited by HHAYD

***PRIVATE***

"Just think about the treaty. And get rid of TUO."

----------

The Disparuean troops stationed in New City quickly responded, alerting the New Englanders and heading towards the source of the shells.

The only thing they would find are dozens of abandoned one-shot artillery guns. A few miles away, another barge of 120mm HE shells fired from more one-shot artillery guns landed randomly on most of the northern part of the city. This time, bear traps, over sized rat traps, and claymore mines were set up in and around the one-shot artillery guns' location to kill more Disparu/New England/Great Lakes State soldiers.

And they were abandoned just like the first group, all triggered by timers set by TUO guerrilla fighters.

Edited by HHAYD

The Disparuean troops stationed in New City quickly responded, alerting the New Englanders and heading towards the source of the shells.

The New Englanders in New City, upon hearing the artillery shells, assumed they were from their counterparts, that is, until they were informed by their respective commanders that no artillery were fired at the time. Upon being alerted by the Disparueans, the New Englander troops immediately went in the direction of the artillery shells.

The only thing they would find are dozens of abandoned one-shot artillery guns. A few miles away, another barge of 120mm HE shells fired from more one-shot artillery guns landed randomly on most of the northern part of the city. This time, bear traps, over sized rat traps, and claymore mines were set up in and around the one-shot artillery guns' location to kill more Disparu/New England/Great Lakes State soldiers.

And they were abandoned just like the first group, all triggered by timers set by TUO guerrilla fighters.

Upon arriving there, the New Englanders would find dozens of abandoned artillery guns. While inspecting the guns, however, the New Englanders were in for a surprise: several troops were maimed or killed by the concealed bear and rat traps, and claymore mines. While the New Englanders rushed to help their wounded friends, they immediately came under fire as artillery shells came upon them.

Bringing their own artillery guns to the fore, the New Englanders unleashed a barrage of fire until all were silent. Advancing cautiously toward the area, the troops found several abandoned guns.

"I think they're playing us." A New Englander soldier muttered to his Disparuean counterpart.

Edited by JEDCJT

The New Englanders in New City, upon hearing the artillery shells, assumed they were from their counterparts, that is, until they were informed by their respective commanders that no artillery were fired at the time. Upon being alerted by the Disparueans, the New Englander troops immediately went in the direction of the artillery shells.

Upon arriving there, the New Englanders would find dozens of abandoned artillery guns. While inspecting the guns, however, the New Englanders were in for a surprise: several troops were maimed or killed by the concealed bear and rat traps, and claymore mines. While the New Englanders rushed to help their wounded friends, they immediately came under fire as artillery shells came upon them.

Bringing their own artillery guns to the fore, the New Englanders unleashed a barrage of fire until all were silent. Advancing cautiously toward the area, the troops found several abandoned guns.

"I think they're playing us." A New Englander soldier muttered to his Disparuean counterpart.

Meanwhile, five TUO snipers equipped their sniper rifles with silencers and sat inside bushes, about 300 meters away from the Disparu/New England soldiers.

They then opened fire...

-------------------------

In Great Lakes State:

Many companies that survived the chaotic war quickly rebuilt their properties; offices, warehouses, factories, etc with the aid sent by the GLS government. However, in many parts of the nation, there was no way of transporting their raw material or goods due to the damaged roads, harbors, airports, or railroads. Nor was there an easy way to hire enough new workers since many of them are already employed by the government. Instead, they simply hired citizens that were unemployed to clean up and repair small parts of the transportation networks (using the government's aid), just enough for the businesses to start churning profits when there are enough hired workers.

However, a few of those companies, including the nation's largest, ExIm corporation, was owned by the masked TUO leader...

Edited by HHAYD

GLS National News:

Recent artillery attacks from TUO has delayed repairs in New City. We are not sure if TUO is rebounding, but it seems they are seeking revenge.

--------------------------------

All over Great Lakes State:

Outside of each city, TUO forces set up their one-shot, timer triggered artillery guns and laid bear traps, over sized rat traps, and claymore mines around the artillery guns. When they fled, some of TUO's snipers stayed behind to get some easy kills against the New England/Disparu soldiers before fleeing to safety.

A few minutes later, the artillery guns fired dozens of shells into the sky, aiming for their target...

Edited by HHAYD

Meanwhile, five TUO snipers equipped their sniper rifles with silencers and sat inside bushes, about 300 meters away from the Disparu/New England soldiers.

They then opened fire...

The New Englander soldiers immediately came under fire as bullets were fired at them from an unknown location. Several soldiers fell to the ground in agony, holding their affected areas. "I'm hit! I'm hit!" A private wailed as his friend rushed over to his side.

In retaliation, the New Englanders fired wildly into various bushes while a couple of soldiers advanced forward, their weapons poised...

All over Great Lakes State:

Outside of each city, TUO forces set up their one-shot, timer triggered artillery guns and laid bear traps, over sized rat traps, and claymore mines around the artillery guns. When they fled, some of TUO's snipers stayed behind to get some easy kills against the New England/Disparu soldiers before fleeing to safety.

A few minutes later, the artillery guns fired dozens of shells into the sky, aiming for their target...

All over GLS, in the outskirts of Detroit, Ann Arbor, Lansing, Mississauga, Grand Rapids, and Marquette, along with others, New Englander soldiers came under fire as artillery shells were hurled at them, sustaining some casualties. The surviving soldiers immediately rushed at the sources of the attacks. They were bewildered and a bit unhinged.

The New Englander soldiers immediately came under fire as bullets were fired at them from an unknown location. Several soldiers fell to the ground in agony, holding their affected areas. "I'm hit! I'm hit!" A private wailed as his friend rushed over to his side.

In retaliation, the New Englanders fired wildly into various bushes while a couple of soldiers advanced forward, their weapons poised...

One of the snipers was killed and two others were wounded. The remaining four snipers fled from the bushes quietly.

All over GLS, in the outskirts of Detroit, Ann Arbor, Lansing, Mississauga, Grand Rapids, and Marquette, along with others, New Englander soldiers came under fire as artillery shells were hurled at them, sustaining some casualties. The surviving soldiers immediately rushed at the sources of the attacks. They were bewildered and a bit unhinged.

And when those soldiers rushed toward the source of the attacks, they had some buddies waiting for them. Bear/over sized rat traps and claymore landmines, lots of them.

And on top of that, a sprinkle of hidden TUO snipers armed with silenced sniper rifles.

Edited by HHAYD

One of the snipers was killed and two others were wounded. The remaining four snipers fled from the bushes quietly.

And when those soldiers rushed toward the source of the attacks, they had some buddies waiting for them. Bear/over sized rat traps and claymore landmines, lots of them.

And on top of that, a sprinkle of hidden TUO snipers armed with silenced sniper rifles.

"Didn't we beat you guys already?", shouted a Disparuean soldier as he blindly fired back at the source of the attack.

"Didn't we beat you guys already?", shouted a Disparuean soldier as he blindly fired back at the source of the attack.

The only response was mortar shells being fired from TUO mortar teams that were hiding in the forest. After they fired a little over a dozen of shells, the team packed up their equipment and fled.

The only response was mortar shells being fired from TUO mortar teams that were hiding in the forest. After they fired a little over a dozen of shells, the team packed up their equipment and fled.

The fleeing TUO soldiers were given away by the forest rustling around them. The Disparueans who were still alive began their charge forward, shooting blindly at silhouettes of the soldiers.

----------

Meanwhile, the Democratic Party-formed Government of Disparu, in an attempt to make them look better than other parties, sent more aid to the GLS.

The fleeing TUO soldiers were given away by the forest rustling around them. The Disparueans who were still alive began their charge forward, shooting blindly at silhouettes of the soldiers.

The fleeing TUO soldiers split up to make it harder to be chased down. They also left some claymore mines set to distract Disparu's soldiers.

The fleeing TUO soldiers split up to make it harder to be chased down. They also left some claymore mines set to distract Disparu's soldiers.

"Let's go!" shouted a Disparuean soldier as he marched forward. Almost instantly, he spontaneously combusted as he stepped on a claymore mine, turning him into a burning pile of ashes, and burning those around him.

"Stop! It seems that those TUO guys aren't playing fair today, retreat!" shouted the squadron's commander.

GLS National News:

Almost every single city in Great Lakes State was hit by artillery strikes. Several of our reporters have investigated the location of the artillery guns and discovered they were one-shot artillery guns, set off by timers. We suspect TUO was behind the attacks.

The election for the Legislative will start at least a month from now, but it might get postponed if the repairs on the infrastructure is not completed in time.

The temporary president, Frank Swater, have ordered the hiring of another 100,000 citizens to speed up the repairs and clean up. He said that Great Lakes State will not have a sufficient military force until all of the infrastructure is repaired and the economy restored.

------------------------------------

Private message to Disparu and New England from Frank Swater:

After I read several reports of the attacks against TUO's HQ during the war; I noticed that the HQ was not fully collapsed and there were no reports indicating that the terrorists' headquarters have collapsed completely.

I am asking if you can send a unit or two to check if TUO's HQ did collapse. If not, then I believe there are clues in that bunker that will help us identify and find the masked leader of TUO. If it did collapse, we can try digging out the bunker's debris and shift through them.

Edited by HHAYD

"Let's go!" shouted a Disparuean soldier as he marched forward. Almost instantly, he spontaneously combusted as he stepped on a claymore mine, turning him into a burning pile of ashes, and burning those around him.

"Stop! It seems that those TUO guys aren't playing fair today, retreat!" shouted the squadron's commander.

Some of TUO soldiers snickered when they heard the landmines go off. Their silly enemies had fell for their trap.

------------------------------------------

GLS National News:

The entire highway and railroad system in Great Lakes State has been completely repaired. Repair workers are now currently working on the electrical grid, airports, harbors, local roads, and canal locks.

------------

OOC: Waiting for a reply to my post above...

After I read several reports of the attacks against TUO's HQ during the war; I noticed that the HQ was not fully collapsed and there were no reports indicating that the terrorists' headquarters have collapsed completely.

I am asking if you can send a unit or two to check if TUO's HQ did collapse. If not, then I believe there are clues in that bunker that will help us identify and find the masked leader of TUO. If it did collapse, we can try digging out the bunker's debris and shift through them.

***PRIVATE***

"Sure."

------------------------

Two Disparuean personnel from the Disparuean Forces' Special Operations were sent to the HQ, scouting to see if it had survived or not. At first, it looked like it was completely destroyed, but further investigation would show that some parts seemed to be standing strong. The two spies managed to find an entrance to the base, thanks to the masked leader's previous excursion.

The spies entered and activated their night-vision equipment, venturing into the unknown...

***PRIVATE***

"Sure."

------------------------

Two Disparuean personnel from the Disparuean Forces' Special Operations were sent to the HQ, scouting to see if it had survived or not. At first, it looked like it was completely destroyed, but further investigation would show that some parts seemed to be standing strong. The two spies managed to find an entrance to the base, thanks to the masked leader's previous excursion.

The spies entered and activated their night-vision equipment, venturing into the unknown...

Meanwhile, in the bunker:

Several TUO soldiers were busy filling their backpacks with the diamonds in the opened vault room after they were ordered by the masked leader to help him transport the diamonds somewhere safer. Another 12 stood guard, two in the living quarters, six others scattered around in the administrative office level, and another six in the utility room where the only entrance to the bunker remains. All of the soldiers wore gas masks (to protect themselves from the fume in the utility room) with night goggles that can be deactivated.

Edited by HHAYD

The soldiers, rushing forward and thus unaware of the dangers that faced them, inadvertantly stepped into the oversized bear and rat traps, and claymore landmines. And let's say, the results weren't so pretty: "Men, fall back! They have placed traps and landmines somewhere in the area! They expect us to fall into their trap, and we have taken the bait!" A sergaent, by the name of Alan Rock, roared. "Send in the minehunters!"

The New Englanders followed their Disparuean troops, providing supporting fire. They, however, cautioned their friends and allies not to advance forward.

The New Englanders agreed and began to retreat alongside their Disparuean counterparts.

CLASSIFIED

TO: Frank Swater

We will look into that, and get back with you on whatever we find. Thank you for bringing this up to our attention.

---

To be true, elements of the GLS-SEF headed to the TUO's HQ. From the outside, it seemed to be completely destroyed, but some parts of it were still standing strong. Several soldiers stood guard outside as a couple of soldiers headed into the ruined HQ, keeping communication with the Disparueans...

Edited by JEDCJT

CLASSIFIED

TO: Frank Swater

We will look into that, and get back with you on whatever we find. Thank you for bringing this up to our attention.

---

To be true, elements of the GLS-SEF headed to the TUO's HQ. From the outside, it seemed to be completely destroyed, but some parts of it were still standing strong. Several soldiers stood guard outside as a couple of soldiers headed into the ruined HQ, keeping communication with the Disparueans...

Meanwhile, about 300 meters away , TUO snipers had set up their position around the tunnels' entrance to guard it, only to notice that enemy soldiers are entering it. They radioed their buddies that were in the bunker.

Inside the bunker, TUO soldiers inside the utility room quickly hid in varies spots, such as in giant cracks, under giant boilers, fuel tanks, and other large machines. The soldiers in the office level and in the leader's living quarters shut the vault closed and placing the full size mirror over it to hide the vault door. They then scattered and moved to hide in varies floors.

Meanwhile, about 300 meters away , TUO snipers had set up their position around the tunnels' entrance to guard it, only to notice that enemy soldiers are entering it. They radioed their buddies that were in the bunker.

Inside the bunker, TUO soldiers inside the utility room quickly hid in varies spots, such as in giant cracks, under giant boilers, fuel tanks, and other large machines. The soldiers in the office level and in the leader's living quarters shut the vault closed and placing the full size mirror over it to hide the vault door. They then scattered and moved to hide in varies floors.

Unaware of the dangers facing them, the GLS-SEF soldiers cautiously entered into the building, keeping an alert eye out for anything...unusual. The TUO, they knew, could pull off anything and as such, they weren't taking any chances. Keeping their weapons ready, the soldiers advanced deeper in the compound, scanning everything in view. The interior of the TUO HQ was, as far as they could see, deserted and destroyed. "Oh boy, this place is in ruins." One of the GLS-SEF soldiers muttered to his buddy, who agreed.

Edited by JEDCJT