Are treaties good or bad for TE?, Best AA for TE, Most Hated AA

JimKongIl

TE Treaties: Good or Bad?, Best TE AA, Most Hated TE AA?  

163 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've always questioned this topic, as it seems to come up alot.

Is there some secret rule that says you have to play TE a certain way? If you don't want to win a T-shirt and just have fun doing what you do is that so wrong? If you want to build up and try to take a flag is that so wrong? It just seems to me another example of a strange human condition: The desire to make other people do what you want them to do.

It's like in RL politics, no one passes a law or gives an opinion saying "Please make this wrong/illegal because I can't stop doing it" no the rules/moralities/right vs. wrong are always for the other people. Just play the game how you like it and stop trying to bring your personal morality into someone else's face.

I've always questioned this topic, as it seems to come up alot.

Is there some secret rule that says you have to play TE a certain way? If you don't want to win a T-shirt and just have fun doing what you do is that so wrong? If you want to build up and try to take a flag is that so wrong? It just seems to me another example of a strange human condition: The desire to make other people do what you want them to do.

It's like in RL politics, no one passes a law or gives an opinion saying "Please make this wrong/illegal because I can't stop doing it" no the rules/moralities/right vs. wrong are always for the other people. Just play the game how you like it and stop trying to bring your personal morality into someone else's face.

This is really just a poll to see what public opinions are. When I say "good for TE" I mean "the policy that brings the most people into the TE" I have strong bias on this topic but I have tried not to let it seep into this poll.

There are different types of players in TE. I think many of the ones who come to TE after playing SE for a long time are seeking something distinctly different from SE. In the beginning rounds thats what it was. SE is for the most part peaceful, diplomatic and ordered. TE was something akin to the wild wild west. There was an understanding that there would be less politics, less seriousness, more aggression, no grudges carried from round to round and a distinct separation from SE.

For those of us who have been playing SE for awhile it is a bit disappointing to see TE inch closer to another version of SE. I think this is where to push to adhere to TE ideals, drop treaties, more aggression, less emotion and less seriousness comes from.

Simply put I cannot be warlike in SE. The nations I can declare on have invested too much time(years) into their nation and if you attack them it creates an international incident. People get extremely upset so maybe once a year I might be called to participate in a curbstomp and the rest of the year I'll just do tech deals and watch stats grow.

I think people who have been playing SE a long time crave a lawless aggressive yet forgiving game in TE and thats where a lot of that pressure comes from.

I enjoy SE very much but I don't seek another game that mirrors its dynamics. I want TE to be sharp contrast and become everything that SE is not.

This poll is obviously rigged. It's just a matter of who can get the most members to vote what way.

This simply takes my breathe away. The shear stupidity required to form such an incoherent mutation of logic is down-right amazing.

OOC: Obama clearly rigged the election. It's just a matter of who can get the most people to vote what way.

This simply takes my breathe away. The shear stupidity required to form such an incoherent mutation of logic is down-right amazing.

OOC: Obama clearly rigged the election. It's just a matter of who can get the most people to vote what way.

Well Bush's election was rigged. :lol1:

I don't mind the treaties.

I am baised on my favourate awesome alliances it's AZTEC and WAPA :awesome:

Hummm worst alliance... basied on that aswell. However quite alot of people agree.

My opinion is that no matter what people say, most all AA's have treaties.

Some people call them friendships, others call them treaties.

As far as i know, Frostbite is the only AA with no treaties...this is as i said, as far as i know.

All the other AA's or at least the major AA's have either treaties or friends.

Even if there are no written treaties, you attack friends, their friends will jump in...for those AA's

of course there is no reason to have treaties, they serve the same purpose.

So those AA's that say they have none, the real truth comes when you get attacked...who comes to your rescue/aid?

whom ever it is, if one comes to your rescue, that AA is the AA you don't have the so called treaty with.

TPF has treaties and I see no shame in having them. I have always been fair with our treaties and never jumped

into a fair fight.....even with AA's that i hold treaties with. I don't believe in curb stomps and will not allow TPF to be a part

of one, as there is no skill or honor in a beat down.

I enjoy playing TE, and i feel everyone is entitled to their own opinion and allowed to play the game as they see fit.

Some people play to be the best/strongest NS nation in order to win the Flag or to try their hand at treaties and diplomacy.

Others play to war and blow crap up (me for instance) while still others play to try different things out, or to learn how

to do things like WAR.

I guess the main point to TE is the same as any game, just have fun and enjoy the game.

BG.

lawlz. i have to agree with BG here. Black has 2 treaties (AI and SDF) and 2 friendships (B&B and SOS). The last war we fought was with KoL (prior to their merger) and AI against UJA. PU jumped in despite having no treaty with UJA at that time. So those screaming that treaties ruin the TE truly do not understand that even with TE, war is still fair game.

OK, it is official. Treaties make TE boring, LE most embodies TE and RE is most hated. LE you guys are tough, I voted you as the AA that most embodies TE and also the most hated but I used the term hated loosely you are just the best competition TE has to offer at the moment. RE you would not be most hated were you not #1 again. Nice job on getting there this round. Hopefully I didn't aggravate too many with this poll. Thanks to those that voted. If the results change I will edit this post.

...why would you make treaties for tournament edition...?

:facepalm:

this is the only post i read in this topic and i will address it.in this game there are guys trying to start out.then you got guys starting aa,s.how can you ever make it without freinds?