Annexation of Borneo

Sir Keshav IV

The PRC, if they had the area's interests at heart, could easily have notified the regional powers, and something would have been done. No need for this fuss.

Of course they had their interests in the area, but they made peace out of anarchy, no? Now the people in the area who want the PRC out have their interests at heart. We are a neighboring nation and we just glad to see that order is restored.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want to talk? OK, tell you what, since Selenarctos wants to stay neutral, how about Fortress Kirang in Aritao, in central Selenarctos. One way in and one way out. That place is a historical monument to the Selenarctos people. So, this is a historical discussion. You game?

OOC: At a monument built in World War II? WWII never happened in CNRP, so there is no monument there.

IC: We are more than willing to host this meeting should the PRC agree, however that area is poorly suited for such a meeting. there is no such structure in Aritao. May we instead suggest the The Pan Pacific Raine hotel as a location for this meeting?

EDIT: fix'd

Edited by iKrolm

Of course they had their interests in the area, but they made peace out of anarchy, no? Now the people in the area who want the PRC out have their interests at heart. We are a neighboring nation and we just glad to see that order is restored.

"The issue is that it should have been settled by the neighborring nations to begin with. We are one, and we object to the fact that they announced they were annexing the area. We would have had no problem if they had simnply said they were stopping anarchy, but then they said they were annexing it too."

"Promised Land seems to forget that none of the neighboring nations even took an interest in the region until the PRC attempted to calm the anarchy. Only when it was clear that it would not be absorbed into their own greedy hands did they complain."

"Carthage should keep silent about affairs that do not concern it. All it would have taken was a simple phone call and another, closer, and more capable nation could have done the same thing in the same time that PRC did."

"Affairs that do not concern it? We all live on the same planet, we are all descendants of the same first pair of human beings. A human life is a human life regardless of where they were when they came out of their mothers body."

"The debate between the ideas of Creationism and the ideas of Darwinism is a topic for another time."

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

"Promised Land seems to forget that none of the neighboring nations even took an interest in the region until the PRC attempted to calm the anarchy. Only when it was clear that it would not be absorbed into their own greedy hands did they complain."

The PRC began it's annexation before any close-by nation was able to make it a protectorate.

Edited by iKrolm

"The debate between the ideas of Creationism and the ideas of Darwinism is a topic for another time."

"This has nothing to do with Creationism and Darwinism. Even if you are a Creationist (hell, even a normal Christian); then we are all God's children, and just because I am from Africa does not make me any less so than one in Asia."

The PRC began it's annexation before any close-by nation was able to make it a protectorate.

That is the nearby area's fault. I knew of the nation's slow fall of government into anarchy, however, I do not have the resources to protect that area as of now. The land is now in peace, why are we still fussing about it? The land and its people are restored to order. If you care so much you'll let the effort continue.

OOC: At a monument built in World War II? WWII never happened in CNRP, so there is no monument there.

IC: We are more than willing to host this meeting should the PRC agree, however there is no such structure in Aritao. May we instead suggest the The Pan Pacific Raine hotel as a location for this meeting?

OOC: Mods say CNRP broke off from RL in 2005

"This has nothing to do with Creationism and Darwinism. Even if you are a Creationist (hell, even a normal Christian); then we are all God's children, and just because I am from Africa does not make me any less so than one in Asia."

"Then what was with the comment about everyone being descended from one man and one woman?"

OOC: I tried to keep religion out of it. I didn't even bring it up :v:

OOC: You did when you said that we were all descended from a single man and woman... :P

That is the nearby area's fault. I knew of the nation's slow fall of government into anarchy, however, I do not have the resources to protect that area as of now. The land is now in peace, why are we still fussing about it? The land and its people are restored to order. If you care so much you'll let the effort continue.

"It is not my fault if I can't moniter every single thing that is happening in the world at once, either. If I had known, I would have sent in troops myself to keep the peace until a new government could be formed."

~Administrator Anderson

"Then what was with the comment about everyone being descended from one man and one woman?"

"Humans did not spontaneously appear on this Earth already on the continents. Whether you are a Creationist or an Evolutionist, you believe that there was a first set of human beings be it Adam and Eve or the first evolved homo sapiens."

OOC: :v:

"It is not my fault if I can't moniter every single thing that is happening in the world at once, either. If I had known, I would have sent in troops myself to keep the peace until a new government could be formed."

~Administrator Anderson

The fact of the matter is, you didn't know, therefore you couldn't do anything about it. It seems as if people are continually threatening war because of that.

Yes, anarchy has been averted however there is still the slight matter that the people, who are not of Chinese heritage, beliefs, ideology, or remotely near China are under the control of a PRC-organized government which does not belong in the region.

We congratulate the PRC on preventing anarchy, but having done that the territory should now be turned into a protectorate, not gobbled to form some distant colony of an imperialist power.

"Humans did not spontaneously appear on this Earth already on the continents. Whether you are a Creationist or an Evolutionist, you believe that there was a first set of human beings be it Adam and Eve or the first evolved homo sapiens."

OOC: :v:

"Not necessarily, but that is a debate for another time."

Yes, anarchy has been averted however there is still the slight matter that the people, who are not of Chinese heritage, beliefs, ideology, or remotely near China are under the control of a PRC-organized government which does not belong in the region.

We congratulate the PRC on preventing anarchy, but having done that the territory should now be turned into a protectorate, not gobbled to form some distant colony of an imperialist power.

Distant colony? The PRC isn't that far from Borneo. Not only that, but have they not stated time and time again that Borneo would be given full rights as a province of the PRC, and would gladly hold elections for the provincial government? They've done everything within their power in order to help the people of Borneo to adjust, and they haven't been forceful about it at all. How is this a bad thing?

IC: We are more than willing to host this meeting should the PRC agree, however that area is poorly suited for such a meeting. there is no such structure in Aritao. May we instead suggest the The Pan Pacific Raine hotel as a location for this meeting?

EDIT: fix'd

OOC: Actually, there is a monument built by the Japanese as part of a friendship mission in the early nineties. It is on the grounds of the primary school in Barangay Kirang, Aritao, Nueva Vizcaya. As for the "Fortress", that is what I called the Barangay Hall. It is an old wooden structure that is/was completely open. I used that area to honor my wife's family, who reside there.

IC: Pan Pacific Raine Hotel? In the middle of the Capital? I'd prefer the quietness of the rural area. We can keep watch better there. The air is clean, area is quiet, little stress. We can get our heads straight amongst the rice paddies.

Distant colony? The PRC isn't that far from Borneo. Not only that, but have they not stated time and time again that Borneo would be given full rights as a province of the PRC, and would gladly hold elections for the provincial government? They've done everything within their power in order to help the people of Borneo to adjust, and they haven't been forceful about it at all. How is this a bad thing?

"They've done everything...except offer to let the people of Borneo become their own nation. That is NOT the same thing as being a mere province in the PRC."

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

"They've done everything...except offer to let the people of Borneo become their own nation. That is NOT the same thing as being a mere province in the PRC."

And, they did not attack when the country was in anarchy. They attacked while there was a Government, however weak that was, in place.

OOC: He took over BEFORE the land was declared vacant. Had he waited 36 hours, this thread would not be as long as it is.

...They've said that when the time comes and when they are properly ready they will gladly allow Borneo to become their own nation. It seems all you people wish to do is to bring more anarchy and destruction to Borneo, as it is already quite stable.