tell me your thoughts

So i'm thinking to myself, how do we make TE more fun? I could keep trolling like i do, but that only makes it fun for me...

anyways long story short, i know that their are prizes for the top nations but i think we should do player awards for various aspects of the game. i.e. best fighter, best troll, worst poster, best poster, sexiest player, best alliance, best fighter (player), best fighters (alliance) etc.

what do you guys think? is there even enough intrest to make it work? if there is i'm sure we can find a graphics whore to do some stuff for us.

• 4 weeks later...

I think it would be more fun if we had a war about every 2 days, and a survival of the fittest (or fittest alliance) mentality.

EDIT: I also think that those awards are great but we chould also have one for best soldier slaughterer (aka most casualties)

Edited by tallah

The ideas in the OP seem sound. I think people may enjoy TE a good bit more if other accomplishments besides "Highest NS at the end of the round" were recognized. It may even improve forum activity a bit if players were contacted in-game informing them of their award(s).

Besides the ones mentioned in the OP (most of which would probably be decided by polls), I think various awards relating directly to in-game stats would be good. As Tallah mentioned; Attacking, Defending, and Total casualties are all recorded in-game, and some recognition for these stats would certainly be in the spirit of TE. Another good idea (though it would have to be programmed into the game) would be to have a counter for how many wars a nation is involved in over the course of the round; together with counters for how much a nation has plundered or destroyed. These same counters could be applied to alliances (adding up the stats of all players combined). And another possibility for that suggestion would be to have a record of the average NS ratio between a nation and those it attacks (i.e., are most of a nations wars against larger or equal players, or does it more often pick on smaller folks). Though that may be overkill.

Also: I suggest a new sound-effect for nukes, to facilitate their acquisition and subsequent use.

:P