Declaration of Defeat

Emperor Stranger

As much as I hate to say it, Fight Club admits defeat at the hands of Army of Darkness. At first, my morale was high for the war. (I mean, really high.) I thought that we had friends we could count on to be there in our moment of need. Over the past few days, however, the only people who came to our aid (and not in large numbers, I may add) was a complete stranger. This stranger I didn't even know existed before this time. This stranger was also said to be enemies of multiple nations in WOLF. All this, yet they still came to fight - to help a small, outnumbered alliance. I would like to thank Rodentia Dominatus and more specifically arcticllama, for giving more aid than even our "closest" friends gave.

As for this war, I feel as if I have made the biggest mistake of my time in TE, and in return have learned a lesson the hard way: Never count on "friends" to get you out of a situation, for they might turn on you in the end. I would also like to take this moment to share just how off-balanced this war was:

AoD: 17 nations.

FC: 4

AoD: 17,150 NS

FC: 1,952 NS (a loss of 600 ns)

AoD: Multiple rounds of experience together.

FC: A few days together.

AoD even had the element of surprise.

As you can see, this war wasn't exactly "balanced" or fair. But then again, life isn't fair, so why should TE be fair? I will not honor AoD for attacking a far smaller alliance, but I will honor them for giving us fair terms, and for giving us a good fight. (Maybe not fair, but it was definitely fun for a while.)

Therefore as of this announcement, Fight Club declares defeat and will offer immediate peace to AoD.

Mischief, mayhem, soap.

-Emperor Stranger

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the message You were supposed to post...

I'll have to talk this over with my Dark Lords. They've been telling me I have been to merciful

And for the record, This is Army of Darkness's first round in TE.

(unless you count the last 8 days of round 6 where I was the only one* wearing the AA)

*oh yeah, Wally joined me too :P

Edited by Jeb the Wise

Not the message You were supposed to post...

I'll have to talking over with my Dark Lords. They've been telling me I have been to merciful

And for the record, This is Army of Darkness's first round in TE.

(unless you count the last 8 days of round 6 where I was the only one wearing the AA)

I was mistaken then. I was lead to believe that AoD has been in TE for several rounds. (Though I could have sworn I saw that name before..)

King Wally gave me approval after I posted it and even gave me peace. I would hate to see this war go on longer than it has to. Besides, the message was amazingly more cheery than I am in the mood for - specially because I didn't agree with much of what was in it.

I was mistaken then. I was lead to believe that AoD has been in TE for several rounds. (Though I could have sworn I saw that name before..)

King Wally gave me approval after I posted it and even gave me peace. I would hate to see this war go on longer than it has to. Besides, the message was amazingly more cheery than I am in the mood for - specially because I didn't agree with much of what was in it.

That's the point of being the loser.

You swallow a little humble pie.

You tell us CN, was this too harsh?

To: Emperor Stranger From: Ash Williams Date: 8/31/2009 6:03:19 PM

Subject: RE: Is this them?

Post this in the OWF in the thread you made about our war:

"I, (YOURNAME), and the forces of Fight Club Hereby surrender to the Army of Darkness and all their awesomeness. They are Hungry for brains and we're fresh out. We were going to have to put "AoD POW" in our AA box, but The AoD has decided we're not worth it. I think we all have better things to do."

Then I will order my troops to send/accept peace across the board and I will post an acknowledgment of your defeat and end of hostilities.

Sound Fair? Sounds pretty Dern Fair to me.

I've been more than fair w/ you and I'm letting your break your promise.

If you don't take my offer, we will sever all contact with you and treat your nations like nones.

-Ash

Oh, and with this, I announce my new distrust with in WOLF. (Note: This does not mean that I condone JR, it simply means that I no longer like WOLF as much as I once did.)

They probably thought your usefulness went so far as the value of having another signatory on the WOLF bloc treaty. Hopefully your future looks brighter now.

Im just sad they go to you before I did :(

Lovely.

They probably thought your usefulness went so far as the value of having another signatory on the WOLF bloc treaty. Hopefully your future looks brighter now.

I don't know about that. I was originally allowed in the channel even though I wasn't part of WOLF because at the time I had friends in it. (Though I don't know if admitting FC was even brought up.)

i never got any queries from you. My chatzilla is screwing up so queries from others don't show up unless i query first

That's nice to know..

No... are you on coldfront?

you can find me in #Rok.

Not really in the mood for chatting right now.

I'm going camping w/ my daughter in the back yard :P Yay!

I am SO not in the mood for chatting. After all this !@#$%^&* [OOC: and !@#$%^&* IRL], I am about ready for a break. Besides, my alliance seems to have gone 50% inactive anyways..

If you wish to contact me, I am on #fightclub a lot and #WOLF if I am not in FC's channel.

Edited by Emperor Stranger

Well, I've posted a poll.

I'm going to allow the AoD membership to decided your fate.

This would have all been over if you had posted the Declaration of Defeat I asked for.

I'll get back to you in a few hours

If it's not a unanimous "let him off the hook", then I will simply quit CN:TE until my nation deletes from inactivity. I declared defeat and even honored you guys when anyone in SE who did what AoD did would have been mocked.

So as I said before, I declare defeat. Anymore attacks will fall on deaf ears.

Edited by Emperor Stranger

Jeb, give him a break. You beat them and I dare say got plenty of tech.

It shows no class to go on about "you didn't post this declaration right!" It is actually pretty lame.

It not about being nice. It's about having enough class to honor a fellow fighter.

Edited by Gondor

It shows no class to go on about "you didn't post this declaration right!" It is actually pretty lame.

It not about being nice. It's about having enough class to honor a fellow fighter.

I am surprised to see support coming from MHA, tbh. :huh:

I have done all I am willing to do to get peace. If no peace is given after this, then so be it. I am not going to bend over backwards in a war game to get peace. It just doesn't make sense.

i have to agree with the above. and frankly if AoD does not give peace, hopefully RD will just smash you into pieces and once the JR-WOLF war is over, i can convince Black to jump in on the fun and help RD and FC.