Eurasian Union Grants Dutch Independence

Mergerberger II

euflag.png

Eurasian Union Announcement

Recognizing that the recent elections in the Protectorate of the Netherlands went off without a hitch, we, the Eurasian Union, do hereby grant independence to the entirety of the protectorate regions under the governance of Stefan Maartens. A hearty rebuilding/aid package totaling $1,000,000,000,000 will be sent as well.

nlflag300x200.png

Proclamation of the Third Republic of the Netherlands

Maartens in a speech in Amsterdam today...

"....it is for this reason that I do hereby declare the Third Republic of the Netherlands to officially exist."

The Third Republic is to encompass all of the territory of the former Greater Netherlands, which was turned into a Eurasian Protectorate after the war. This includes Holland, Frisia, Flanders, and French Flanders.

The new Netherlands will be a Republican nation, and Maartens has formed a government already, or at least part of it. It will be a Parliamentary system, consisting of two major houses, the House of Lords and the House of Commons. The Lords will be appointed advisers and the Commons will be elected officials. Elections for the House of Commons will occur once every three years and are to begin in one week. The House of Lords is to consist of 326 appointed officials, mostly nobles, and the Commons will consist of 417 elected officials.

Stefan Maartens also sent out the following letter to all nations of the world belonging to the White Cross Organization.

A Plea to the Nations of the World

Respected Leader,

I am not one to beg, I am not one to bargain, however I do find myself today succumbing to both of these.

I need not explain to you the dire situation in the Netherlands. With the massive 'liberation' by numerous nations from the forces of Dranagg, the Netherlands has been ravaged and !@#$%*^, with so very many people misplaced from their homes. The once great city of Utrecht now becomes a pile of rubble along with its brothers destroyed so long ago, Amsterdam and The Hague. The Hague was once rebuilt, and it was a city so marvelous that it was truly a testament to the great will and power of the Dutch people.

While I regret that I cannot directly come before you, I am certain that you will understand the situation in my country demands me stay here to try and bring peace and order to this shattered land, I do very humbly make the following request of you. I would request of you that you aid the struggling nation of the Netherlands in its quest to rebuild itself and stand proud once again, to the point where it can say that it has truly accomplished something fantastic. I plead and beg of you, just a small amount of aid for our nation would do more wonders than could be imagined.

With all due respect,

Stefan Maartens, Prime Minister of the Third Republic of the Netherlands

"I'm feeling mighty generous today. We will send a large aid package to the Netherlands, with some bonuses. Details below."

-HRH King James Drake

Aid Package Contains

C$4.5 trillion cash

C$3 trillion in construction materials

C$3.5 trillion in food

C$4 trillion in medical supplies

Extra Assistance

10,000 construction workers

100 architects

1,000 doctors

3,000 nurses

The Caucasian Red Cross has also offered to set up aid stations and homeless shelters until permanent housing is built.

C$4.5 trillion cash

C$3.5 trillion in food

(OOC: I hope your cash value is low, cause your aid is bigger than the US Debt.......GDP maybe too >.>)

Molakia hopes your nation wont need aid after all you have given. Im no economics expert, but 15 Trillion in AID, even over years, would bankrupt your nation.

Edited by Comrade

C$4.5 trillion cash

C$3.5 trillion in food

(OOC: I hope your cash value is low, cause your aid is bigger than the US Debt.......GDP maybe too >.>)

OOC: It'll be gradual. Any nation would squander that much wealth gained that fast. I'll take a major budget cut in welfare, I firmly believe my people can and need to get a job.

We will gladly aid =T=2 Billion in food and medical supplies.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Groenlandian Organ Transplant Enterprises (GOTE) offers to give your nation 100 free kidney transplants and is willing to buy your criminals which have received the death penalty.

France recognises the independence of our new neighbours. We with the Dutch people the very best luck in reconstruction and recovery from the rampant destruction the recent war had brought about. The French Red Cross have gathered donations amounting to over $200 million, and these will be delivered to the new Dutch government along with 1500 tonnes worth of aid supplies and food.

*Classified Transmission*

We would like to ask if your government is willing to consider holding talks with France. Since the restoration of the legal French governments, we have not been able to exert control over parts of what we considered French territories, specifically around Artois. At the same time, tax payments have been wired to the central government from parts of Belgium. Although we are happy to issue French passports to the French speaking Belgians, we find the muddled borders a source of concern, and would prefer to deal with it via diplomacy.

2ille94.png

The Democratic Republic of the Pacific recognizes the Dutch Third Republic and would be glad to assist in any efforts in building the nation, humanitarian efforts, or that in assisting in administration duties. The National Banking Administration and the Ministry for Monetary Funding would like to send $150 million to relief efforts in the Dutch Republic.

- Public Secretary to Press and Media for the Executive Office of the President, Catherine Warner

Edited by Ray Matveyev

France recognises the independence of our new neighbours. We with the Dutch people the very best luck in reconstruction and recovery from the rampant destruction the recent war had brought about. The French Red Cross have gathered donations amounting to over $200 million, and these will be delivered to the new Dutch government along with 1500 tonnes worth of aid supplies and food.

*Classified Transmission*

We would like to ask if your government is willing to consider holding talks with France. Since the restoration of the legal French governments, we have not been able to exert control over parts of what we considered French territories, specifically around Artois. At the same time, tax payments have been wired to the central government from parts of Belgium. Although we are happy to issue French passports to the French speaking Belgians, we find the muddled borders a source of concern, and would prefer to deal with it via diplomacy.

*Classified Response*

That is acceptable. If you don't mind, we would rather meet in your territory as ours is not proper for meetings.

*Classified Response*

That is acceptable. If you don't mind, we would rather meet in your territory as ours is not proper for meetings.

"This is most excellent news. A representative of the French Foreign Ministry will be dispatched to the city of Calais. She will prepare the site for a proper meeting and await the arrival of your esteemed delegates at a time convenient for you."