Enough is enough...

HHAYD

There has been no contact from Bohovia for nearly a year. Crime rates in parts of our nation where it borders Lake Superior, Lake Huron, and Lake Ontario are steadily rise due illegal drugs, immigrants and guns being smuggled through those lakes from Bohovia, bypassing our border security on our land border. Our Coast Guard had already caught dozens of pirates that were raiding our ships and are being stretched thin despite increased funding.

We have decided to end the suffering in and from Bohovia by putting an end to the anarchy there for the safety of our citizens and rest of the North American nations that border Bohovia.

Map of Bohovia: 97295902.th.jpg

We also realized that a direct land access to Disparu would benefit our and their economy since it is more efficient to transport and commute on high speed rail rather than ships. So we decided to occupy a small chunk of Bohovia and keep the rest of it as a protectorate that can be shared with other american nations.

Map of our land claim (land claim is in pink, rest of Bohovia will be a protectorate): 74111187.th.jpg

Our military are preparing to move into Bohovia shortly.

Edited by HHAYD

20,000 soldiers with 400 tanks, dozens of attack and transport helicopters, and other various vehicles have been deployed to Bohovia. Minor resistance are expected, but we should be able to bring the region under control in a few weeks.

20,000 soldiers with 400 tanks, dozens of attack and transport helicopters, and other various vehicles have been deployed to Bohovia. Minor resistance are expected, but we should be able to bring the region under control in a few weeks.

CLASSIFIED TO THE GREAT LAKES STATE

Want some help?

CLASSIFIED TO THE GREAT LAKES STATE

Want some help?

Reply:

Sure, could you secure the eastern part of Bohovia while we secure the western part of Bohovia so none of the criminals try to fight their way out?

***PRIVATE***

Since Disparu shares a land border with the east of Bohovia, do you also need help in securing this area?

Reply:

We will ask for help if we find it necessary. Right now, you could increase border security that borders with Bohovia since we are predicting that there are going to be many criminals attempting to flee.

Reply:

We will ask for help if we find it necessary. Right now, you could increase border security that borders with Bohovia since we are predicting that there are going to be many criminals attempting to flee.

Reply:

Of course. We shall increase security at the border and detain anyone who tries to flee into Disparu. However, if anyone asks for refugee status we shall review their application and accept them as refugees if they meet the requirements.

Reply:

Sure, could you secure the eastern part of Bohovia while we secure the western part of Bohovia so none of the criminals try to fight their way out?

CLASSIFIED RESPONSE

Affirmative, we will help to secure the eastern region. We will cooperate with you.

CLASSIFIED

Shortly after the telegram was sent to the GLS government, the Department of Defense authorized the commencement of an expeditionary mission. Elements of the 5th Brigade, 24th Brigade in Fort Kennedy and the 10th Brigade in Fort Miller (about 16,500 troops in total) were deployed northwards toward the regions that used to be Bohovia. The 4th Airbase Squadron was also utilized for this mission; the AH-1 Zulu helicopters and S-22 Hawkeye transport aircrafts were to transport the troops to their destinations, while the UAV-1 Marauders were to be used for reconnaissance purposes.

The objective of the Northern Expeditionary Force was to secure eastern Bohovia in conjunction with the GLS forces coming from the west. To achieve this, the troops were to take over the cities of Kingston, Peterborough, North Bay, and if possible, Sudbury, and restore order throughout the region. With debriefing complete, the Expeditionary Force went into action…

In a press conference held just for this issue, Mr. Oates made the following statement, "North America faces many difficult challenges, much of it has fallen into anarchy. We have taken steps to fill the void with a stable, prosperity inducing government. However, we can not bring stability to North America alone. Our fellow Americans to the north wage a war of liberation in the Great Lakes region. We support this action, and I will personally offer the services of our own private armies, aswell as war supplies."

To: GLS

If you require the services of the CFNA, we shall participate in peacekeeping operations in Bohovia. If you'd like we could create a joint North American protectorate in the region, in which all nations will be involved the economic restoration of Bohovia.

To: Disparu

It appears that the GLS is taking steps to create a "Great Lakes Empire." I propose that we pool our diplomatic resources together, to pressure them into accepting a multi-national regional protectorate, as opposed to a GLS dominated state.

Edited by Oates

In a press conference held just for this issue, Mr. Oates made the following statement, "North America faces many difficult challenges, much of it has fallen into anarchy. We have taken steps to fill the void with a stable, prosperity inducing government. However, we can not bring stability to North America alone. Our fellow Americans to the north wage a war of liberation in the Great Lakes region. We support this action, and I will personally offer the services of our own private armies, aswell as war supplies."

To: GLS

If you require the services of the CFNA, we shall participate in peacekeeping operations in Bohovia. If you'd like we could create a joint North American protectorate in the region, in which all nations will be involved the economic restoration of Bohovia.

It appears that the GLS is taking steps to create a "Great Lakes Empire." I propose that we pool our diplomatic resources together, to pressure them into accepting a multi-national regional protectorate, as opposed to a GLS dominated state.

OOC: Do you even have a nation?

***PRIVATE : REPLY***

If the reports from the Disparuean Intelligence Agency are correct, we highly doubt that the Great Lakes State is actually planning on taking over the area around the Great Lakes. Even if they do, we will defend our lands bravely, since the Great Lakes are an important source of fresh water and the Disparuean fishing industry.

Besides, the Great Lakes State is not going to annex all of Bohovia, merely an area that will give them direct land access to Disparu. The rest will be turned into a Great Lakes State protectorate that will be ceded to any new government that claims the area.

Edited by Pikachurin

***PRIVATE : REPLY***

If the reports from the Disparuean Intelligence Agency are correct, we highly doubt that the Great Lakes State is actually planning on taking over the area around the Great Lakes. Even if they do, we will defend our lands bravely, since the Great Lakes are an important source of fresh water and the Disparuean fishing industry.

Besides, the Great Lakes State is not going to annex all of Bohovia, merely an area that will give them direct land access to Disparu. The rest will be turned into a Great Lakes State protectorate that will be ceded to any new government that claims the area.

To: Disparuean's Leader

We can wait and see if the Great Lakes State will live up to it's promises, or we can make sure they live up to them. Trusting somebody else to act in your best interests is not a very wise thing to do my friend. I propose that we pressure the Great Lakes State to halt all offensive military operations, until a time when we can come up with a solution to the problem that will put our nations in a better position. My government can not do this alone, neither can your government, together we can though.

To: Disparuean's Leader

We can wait and see if the Great Lakes State will live up to it's promises, or we can make sure they live up to them. Trusting somebody else to act in your best interests is not a very wise thing to do my friend. I propose that we pressure the Great Lakes State to halt all offensive military operations, until a time when we can come up with a solution to the problem that will put our nations in a better position. My government can not do this alone, neither can your government, together we can though.

(OoC: Disparu, not Disparuean. Disparuean is merely a demonym)

IC:

***PRIVATE***

As we have said before, we doubt that the GLS is actually planning on taking over the Great Lakes area, since that involves successfully invading Disparu, New England and the Tennessee Federation, and we doubt that they're crazy enough to do that.

And we are not really threatened by this expansion to the north, since that will secure the area and benefit both the GLS and Disparu. Bohovia is currently in anarchy, crime rates are high and the violence is spilling over into our nation. We had to increase border security in the area just to control the crime. We welcome the GLS's expansions, since this will secure the area a lot.

(OoC: Disparu, not Disparuean. Disparuean is merely a demonym)

IC:

***PRIVATE***

As we have said before, we doubt that the GLS is actually planning on taking over the Great Lakes area, since that involves successfully invading Disparu, New England and the Tennessee Federation, and we doubt that they're crazy enough to do that.

And we are not really threatened by this expansion to the north, since that will secure the area and benefit both the GLS and Disparu. Bohovia is currently in anarchy, crime rates are high and the violence is spilling over into our nation. We had to increase border security in the area just to control the crime. We welcome the GLS's expansions, since this will secure the area a lot.

OOC: My mistake

IC:

To: Disparu's Leader

You may have the same objectives as the GLS, but you should seek to achieve them on your own terms, instead of following their policies and watching as they recieve the spoils of war while other North American nations sit on the side lines. If you allow them even the slightest advantage in this military operation, and the occupation that will ensue, you're giving them an advantage over the Great Lakes area that will last for generations.

OOC: My mistake

IC:

To: Disparu's Leader

You may have the same objectives as the GLS, but you should seek to achieve them on your own terms, instead of following their policies and watching as they recieve the spoils of war while other North American nations sit on the side lines. If you allow them even the slightest advantage in this military operation, and the occupation that will ensue, you're giving them an advantage over the Great Lakes area that will last for generations.

***PRIVATE***

Achieving our goals in our own terms involves expanding westward into Bohovia (or investing more dollars into border security, instead of being used for development), and conflicting with the GLS. Unfortunately, we currently do not have plans to expand since we are still working on developing our current territory, nor do we have any treaties to stand up against the Great Lakes State.

They already have an advantage over the Lakes due to their strategic location on the map, their recent expansion northward will not affect anything besides benefits for the citizens of Disparu and the GLS. The land access will make travel easier, and will also enable our Customs Agency to analyze goods travelling into Disparu, among other benefits.

We understand your concern, however you are referring to a nonexistent threat. We shall continue to monitor the situation, and if the Disparuean Intelligence Agency receives information that the GLS will threaten Disparu's national security, we will start to act.

***PRIVATE***

Achieving our goals in our own terms involves expanding westward into Bohovia (or investing more dollars into border security, instead of being used for development), and conflicting with the GLS. Unfortunately, we currently do not have plans to expand since we are still working on developing our current territory, nor do we have any treaties to stand up against the Great Lakes State.

They already have an advantage over the Lakes due to their strategic location on the map, their recent expansion northward will not affect anything besides benefits for the citizens of Disparu and the GLS. The land access will make travel easier, and will also enable our Customs Agency to analyze goods travelling into Disparu, among other benefits.

We understand your concern, however you are referring to a nonexistent threat. We shall continue to monitor the situation, and if the Disparuean Intelligence Agency receives information that the GLS will threaten Disparu's national security, we will start to act.

To: Disparu Leader

Unilateral actions will not get us anywhere, divided we will not be able to challenge the Great Lakes States' movements. I'm surprised that you would allow one of your neighbors to become more powerful, while you sit around and reject offers from other countries to support your own military adventures into the region. If we act together, as a single political entity, we could at the very least get the Great Lakes States to agree to a joint Disparu/CFNA/GLS protectorate. I feel that this would be in the best interests of all nations involved.

Edited by Oates

OOC:

Now, both of you, let's not forget that friendly neighbor to the south of Disparu. One that's helping with the GLS to take over the region? Yes, that's New England. Chances are that the region may become a wholly GLS protectorate or GLS/New England protectorate since New England is sending over military forces to secure the eastern region of Bohovia. But whatever happens with the land in the end, there is a good chance that New England will be involved, at least to a degree.

Just sayin', since these transmissions are classified, so I cant reply ICly. :P

OOC:

Now, both of you, let's not forget that friendly neighbor to the south of Disparu. One that's helping with the GLS to take over the region? Yes, that's New England. Chances are that the region may become a wholly GLS protectorate or GLS/New England protectorate since New England is sending over military forces to secure the eastern region of Bohovia. But whatever happens with the land in the end, there is a good chance that New England will be involved, at least to a degree.

Just sayin', since these transmissions are classified, so I cant reply ICly. :P

OOC: Edited, due to me being an idiot. I'm new, so that's my excuse.

IC:

To: New England

I'm sure you're aware of the recent tensions in the Great Lakes region between the anarchists in Bohovia and the GLS. I feel that the GLS is trying to use the pretext of restoring order to the region, to actually improve their own territorial possesions. My government feels that it would be in the best interests of both countries to pressure the GLS into a cease fire, until a time when we can prepare for action supported by all of North Ameria, instead of just a few states.

Edited by Oates

OOC: This is true.

IC:

It had come to my attention that you have begun military operations in Bohovia, in support of the GLS. Why I support the invasion, I feel that it is being carried out without consulting the other North American nations. We should have a temporary cease fire, and hold four party talks before we continue with any military operation.

OOC: My actions are classified, so you can't reply to all that. Well, the movements of aircrafts and stuff certainly would get noticed, but then nobody would know what they are for. :P

OOC: Edited, due to me being an idiot. I'm new, so that's my excuse.

IC:

I'm sure you're aware of the recent tensions in the Great Lakes region between the anarchists in Bohovia and the GLS. I feel that the GLS is trying to use the pretext of restoring order to the region, to actually improve their own territorial possesions. My government feels that it would be in the best interests of both countries to pressure the GLS into a cease fire, until a time when we can prepare for action supported by all of North Ameria, instead of just a few states.

OOC: Ah, don't worry about that. ;)

IC:

"Well, we've known the Great Lakes State for a long time, even before New England itself was established, and it is our opinion that the GLS is doing the right thing in the region. Heck, we had done exactly the same thing before. Thus, we feel that it would be in the best of interests to let us deal with it and get it over with. The GLS have stated that they are going to hold the area as a protectorate, so there's nothing wrong with that."