Paul Cortez of MNU appointed Dragonisian Defense Minister

Maelstrom Vortex

Paul Cortez of MNU has been appointed to the position of Defense Minister of the Dragonisian military and government by the Meritocratic Board of governors based on his efforts to improve Dragonisian Military and Civillian technology and his astute mind for battle planning and tactics. Mr. Cortez' commission begins immediately and he shall serve as the second in command to Maelstrom Vortex in the state of Dragonisia. He will be able to speak for the Dragonisian State in the Imperial Legislature when no other delegate directly representing the Chairman is present.

This marks the first time the head of a major corporate firm has been appointed to such a high government role and political analysts around the Meritocracy are watching this move closely to measure its ramifications on future such appointments. It cold be considered a litmus test for market participation in government action.

Maelstrom made this statement, "Mr. Cortez' development work reminds me of the work of my old friend General Davis.. though General Davis will never be replaced, I would consider Mr. Cortez the next best thing to having him back at my side. I've discussed this matter with Mr. Cortez privately and he as noted his intent to accept the appointment. While this will come with no actual military rank, he will work with our Five Star Generals and have administration over the military. The Generals will either report to myself or he in times of crisis, when I am not personally available. I thank you for your time, God Bless and God Speed. As a side note, Mr. Davis' Funeral parade will begin tomorrow. At his request per his will, the ceremony will not be one of mourning, but of celebration of his long and prosperous life."

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

"I am sad that I recieved this position through the death of Anthony Davis, but I shall not falter from the position. I formally accept the position. I shall do my duty and protect Dragonisia and the Dragon Empire from foreign forces with all my strength, do my best at improving the lives of Dragonisian citizens, and hope to increase Dragonisia's standing in the global community."

It can be noted that Paul Cortez had several years in the military in his past, but only he knows who he served under; the details on what military force he served under have never surfaced.

OOC: Yesh he did heh.

Edited by JerreyRough