Harbor Meeting

Sumeragi

"Indeed."

A much younger man, in his late twenties and clad in jeans-and-jacket, took off his sunglasses and gazed at the old man. The sun had risen moments ago and the sky was a dull gray, muting the surroundings like an oppressive storm.

"I'm here."

He ignored the slight.

"I am not attracted to 'The Lady Protector'," he said, "I am in love with Sarah Tintagyl. Not some figurine made for propaganda, but a human being and a good one at that. I love her because.." He looked up at the sky for a moment, thinking of the right words to say. "Because I can see how much pain she's endured. Her suffering, her sorrow, and I can relate. And she can still be so optimistic and hopeful and grand through all of her struggles, to still give a damn about the people in the world - that's why I love her. That-that doesn't begin to describe why I love her, why I'm attracted. I love Sarah because of Sarah."

Edited by Sargun

Ishima slightly closed his eyes.

"First of all, I said 'The Lady Protector' because I do not wish to use her personal name in public, given my position. I hope that a young man like you can understand that."

Looking to the side, he continued.

"It seems you're sympathizing with Sarah's pain rather than the person herself. Yes, you do love how she is able to bring hope to the mass of this world, with her defiant will against the evils that haunt all, and I do not see a problem with that. However..... Could it be that perhaps you're protraying yourself upon her?

I've check upon your background, and I have to say that you have one of the most broken families I've ever seen. Your father may still be someone worth something, but the way you were almost ignored and forgotten by your mother and siblings when you ran away shows that there is a hole in your development.

You recognize that Sarah, although from a much richer origin, had the same problems. You see how she was also neglected as a black sheep of the family, how she had to push herself to her current position by circumstances, and how she barely kept herself whole in the process. In a sense, I feel that you do love Sarah, but only Sarah the poor little girl, and not the entire individual, a being who must hold on to the burden of being the Valkyrie of Peace.

I will not get into what physical things you may have done, for her life is hers to do what she wants. I am not in the position to either stop her or condemn her.

Now, what do you say, Hiley?"

"Now, what do you say, Hiley?"

Hiley recognized a hint of truth to it.

"Perhaps you're right. Maybe at first, it was about her body and her experience. Maybe that's why I was with her in the first place. When I first saw her I was still, well, you know, you read those articles right?" He threw his hands up in the air and sighed. "And at first it was about just being with her. She didn't know who I was, at first. She didn't know she was with the merchant of death. And she made me feel like a human being. When she found out who I was, I thought she would have to hate me, but she didn't. I'm a monster to the world, and a human with Sarah."

Ishima listened in silence for a moment.

“As I have said, the physical relations, which are all that the tabloids focus on, are not of my concern. I would understand what young people may do, for that is just a normal aspect of romance.

However, I feel that you are still not mature enough. Do not get me wrong; you are mature as an responsible adult. But the thing is, this romance is too physical and passionate, with not enough experience to show it can last the passing of time. In addition, I doubt that you have considered the bigger implications of being a couple with Sarah as The Lady Protector. Yes, her position isn't the only thing to her, but nevertheless it cannot be ignored.”

Leaning on the rail, he closed his eyes.

“My advice as an elder man: Do not act rashly, for your feelings are still immature. You still have a lot of time, so become more familiar with her before moving to the last step of which you mau have in mind.”

"Going beyond just Sarah the person to Sarah The Lady Protector.You specificially said you are not attracted to 'The Lady Protector' earlier. The problem with such mind sets is that you are loving only a part of Sarah, and not the whole.

Are you perfectly willing to protect the Valkyrie of Peace from the hateful hords of this world? Are you ready to commit yourself to being the dutiful husband of The Lady Protector, who might have to shield her from the paparazzi that are sure to follow her, as she continues her relations with her suitors?

Sarah is a butterfly, one which wishes to remain free. If you wish to pin her down, it will only destroy the beauty of what makes a butterfly a butterfly. And I am not certain you truly understand this."

"Going beyond just Sarah the person to Sarah The Lady Protector.You specificially said you are not attracted to 'The Lady Protector' earlier. The problem with such mind sets is that you are loving only a part of Sarah, and not the whole.

Are you perfectly willing to protect the Valkyrie of Peace from the hateful hords of this world? Are you ready to commit yourself to being the dutiful husband of The Lady Protector, who might have to shield her from the paparazzi that are sure to follow her, as she continues her relations with her suitors?

Sarah is a butterfly, one which wishes to remain free. If you wish to pin her down, it will only destroy the beauty of what makes a butterfly a butterfly. And I am not certain you truly understand this."

"Conti--"

Evan took a step back, swallowed hard, and shook his head. "I don't know why I met you here," he said, his fists throwing up in the air again in an act of confusion. "So, you know, blow me," he uttered, taking his hands and pushing Ishima into the harbor.

He spit on the ground and left.

"Conti--"

Evan took a step back, swallowed hard, and shook his head. "I don't know why I met you here," he said, his fists throwing up in the air again in an act of confusion. "So, you know, blow me," he uttered, taking his hands and pushing Ishima into the harbor.

He spit on the ground and left.

A life guard that looks a lot like David Hasselhof rips off his shirt and jumps in the water after Ishima.

It was a good thing Ishima guessed Evan's intentions, otherwise he would have gotten wet. In the last minute before falling into the water, he grabbed onto the wooden support of the harbor, hanging like a fish.

"I suppose that answers my question..... Evan's definitely not suitable."

It was a good thing Ishima guessed Evan's intentions, otherwise he would have gotten wet. In the last minute before falling into the water, he grabbed onto the wooden support of the harbor, hanging like a fish.

"I suppose that answers my question..... Evan's definitely not suitable."

OOC: I have to love your sense of humor at times, Sumer. *Shakes head.* Can I expect a meeting like this some time in the future? Or was this simply meeting the people who were at the peace conference?

OOC: I have to love your sense of humor at times, Sumer. *Shakes head.* Can I expect a meeting like this some time in the future? Or was this simply meeting the people who were at the peace conference?

OOC: Would Ishima let a potential suitor off his list? I would say he would rather call the person to breakfast.