Fractured...

Maelstrom Vortex

Maelstrom walked down the hall of raiders and chairmen. They were the history of the leaders of his people.. starting with himself.. going back to the last pirate raider who lead the nomad fleet before they found home in Tasmania and Antarctica.. to before them back about 4 generations.. when their history was lost to a lack of writing and coherent societal structure.

They were Tasmanians.. they had risen from Tasmania.. and integrated India. They had stood for the free, the listless, the unwanted. Yet even now, the listless, the unwanted were under siege in Europe. But the madman that was the listless and wanted.. had brought it upon himself with his weapons of mass destruction, his love of war. There were two forms of darkness at each other's throats. The wolf of Imperialism fought the wolf of Belligerent Militarism...

There was a war in the Chairman.. save the small and the weak who rattled the sabers.. or let those who can bring final peace, at a dark cost, bring it? What was benevolence here? Keeping his nose out? He had few predecessors to turn to in their history for guidance. It was new territory for him. He wanted to act, he hated sitting by and letting the world determine its own history.. there was a madness for control.. and a zeal for restraint within him.

So many ways to handle this.. none with optimal outcomes, save sitting on it.

He walked down the hall.. to the Gym.. he called for a sparring partner and went to the boxing ring. The anger, mixing with primal instincts from what he had become were pushing him in dangerous directions. The other gentlemen had the proper safety gear on. The chairman took his aggression out in the only way he had come to know.. he tore into his opponent. Fortunately, the man was wearing chain mesh. The biting, the clawing.. it was bruising, but did not cut him. He fought as best he could against the chairman, landing solid blows that would leave the Chairman sore in the morning and fed his rage, shedding the lust for interventionism.. the lust for war. It was that rage they needed to bleed off.. the rage of having to sit by while the world determined its history without him.. again.

It would be hours before he came out of his rage..

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

The flight from Cochin landed at Bangalore Air port and the King's Guards had formed up a cavalcade for the King.

After breathing the cool fragrant air of Bangalore after such a long time, His Highness Rama Varma said to his Chaver aide, "Sridhar, enquire to the Dragonisian people, where I can meet their Chairman. I want to see him."

Instructions were given and the delegation was lead to the gym, where the rather vicious boxing match was still going.. if you could call it that.. more like a very bizarre mixed martial arts. The chairman was bleeding from above his eye, but nevertheless had not let the man's right arm out of the grip of his jaws for a while. The chairman's eyes were glowing a luminescent green and occasionally little static arcs could be seen dancing off his shark jawed mouth onto the chain protection of his opponent. There was a certain wildness in his eyes few would see in public.

The King watched bemusedly at the spectacle before him. Though while in College and later during military service Rama Varma had engaged in physical unarmed combat this was something new.

This was not a man vs man combat.

This was like something from the Roman times.

The King felt sorry for the hapless sparring partner of Chairman.

The Sparring partner wasn't completely outmatched, they recruited these guys straight from the military for good reason. After a time in a deadlock.. he maneuvered to get a grip on the chairman with a mailed hand that kept him from being flattened by an electrical charge... and threw him out of the arena onto the mats with a heave.. only one problem, the chairman's locked jaws torqued the chained gauntlet that was shielding him from the shock and taken it with him on his way out of the ring. The teeth had latched into the chains and slid it off his arm.

As the chairman flew ungraciously through the air.. a tooth went flying and landed on the floor in front of the King, it looked like the average shark's tooth. The chairman got up and was going into the arena when a couple others in the gym came and arrest him with some pole-lassos like the ones used for animal control to keep him from shocking the man in the arena into a coma. From another room, with a red cross above the door.. an other person came out and shot the chairman at a fair distance with a dart.. he began to calm down. "C'mon now Vortex, you have visitors, we can't have you all riled up." She said. She walked over.. put some rubber gloves on, checked his pulse. He snapped at her and she jerked back.. "Few minutes more gents and he should snap out of it." She shook her head and walked back to the small medical office off to the side of the gym used for the typical sports medicine.

He continued to thrash a bit more.. then slowly began to pant, "Wha.. err.. hrmm." He realized soon where he was. "Must have had another episode.." He grumbled and turned and noticed the King of Cochin had arrived. "Eh, what are you doing here?" He pinched himself just to make sure he wasn't having an odd dream. His handlers slowly let him go from the lassos.

I was on my way to Kerala to visit our ancestral land when I decided to visit you. I hope you are alright now? Should I send for a load of tranquilizers like the one I send to Somal for Mad Dog Bob's wife?

"I enjoy the rains, Chairman. It brings back memories of a carefree childhood spent reveling in the torrential monsoon rainfall. I am now on my way to Kerala to visit our ancestral land at Tripunithura in Ernakulam City. At this time of the year I am sure that it will be a deluge and all the more better for it."

"My daughter has never seen Tripunithura neither has she enjoyed monsoons. I hope to introduce both to her."

"I enjoy the rains, Chairman. It brings back memories of a carefree childhood spent reveling in the torrential monsoon rainfall. I am now on my way to Kerala to visit our ancestral land at Tripunithura in Ernakulam City. At this time of the year I am sure that it will be a deluge and all the more better for it."

"My daughter has never seen Tripunithura neither has she enjoyed monsoons. I hope to introduce both to her."

"I see I'm not the only fan of the rains. Cleans the air, lets me breathe easier. I hear Tripunithura is beautiful at this time of year. I wish I didn't have so many global concerns ongoing right now or I'd leave the palace and go with you. Unfortunately, I already used up all of my vacation time. Ah well, maybe next time. Send me a post card will you? While you're here.. do you have any concerns on your mind.. anything you wanted to talk about?" He waved to one of the gym attendants, "Bring us some drinks. I'll have a that new Imperial Cola that's being marketed out of Melvin Republic.. I heard it's got a zing to it." He then turned to the King, "How about you Good King Varma, anything you'd like to drink?"

"But of course , it is been a long time since i savored the exquisite coffee grown near Bangalore. A hot cup of coffee and a plate of warm banana chips while watching the rain inundating the earth. Ah, that is the true pleasure."

"Speaking of which Chairman, I do have some concerns I wish to raise with you. It was a wise move to sign the NAP with the Nords but I hope you do not intend to take it all the way to cooperation? I am of the opinion that in any conflict involving Nords we remain neutral. To support them overtly or covertly is dead against my nation's interests. Starting a war because they feel slighted? How immature. Would they have gone to war against a nation equal to them in strength? No. I say we remain neutral. What do you think, Chairman?"

"Dear King, I understand your concerns entirely. I agree that this isn't our war. But I have no love of the Baron. There have been numerous times throughout history where he has thumbed his nose at my policies.. saw me as purely an imperialist without a care in the world for those I governed and nigh but a lust for power. So far from the truth. When I leave this world the legacy I leave with this people.. should.. be endearing to them. I've liberated them from isolation, and we're friends with.. about a quarter of the world I say so closely we call them fellow citizens and brothers. But I digress."

"The Baron is as equally at fault as the nords in this matter. One is a belligererent militant. The other is a cultural oppressor. If it weren't for the fact the Nords were so controlling of their diversity, self-expression of their people, and the ways they have historically expanded.. I'd have no complaint with them. Because in most other areas, their doctrine of regional stability and control mirrors our to an extent. We want our neighbors to be stable, peaceful, and not kill our citizens.. regardless of their culture. It is not illegal for them to want the same."

"The Baron left a war declaration wide open. He never achieved peace. He started the war. And the rule of all wars.. you never start one you can't end on your own terms."

"I understand Chairman. But Cochin does not like to involve in offensive warfare. We have perceived Nords to be too trigger happy to be true allies of Cochin."

"Anyway I am sure that things will not come to that stage. So Chairman I shall be taking my leave. See you soon."