R.A./D.E. (ODP)

Maelstrom Vortex

This treaty is very simple.

In the event that either the Dragon Empire or Rebel Army is attacked. The other reserves the right to come to its defense. We are very close friends and tied to each others economic interests and have a history of strong co-operation.

Signed,

Maelstrom Vortex,

Triumvirate Adviser

Acting on behalf of the Imperial Legislature

Lavo Shalam, Prime Minister

Mohammed Hazzan, Minister of Foreign Affairs

• 4 weeks later...

***Classified***

"Inbound call from Yerusalaim, Rebel Army. Do you wish to accept this call?" Rings a phone in the DE.

Secretary accepts and forwards the call to the Chairman's phone in Hobart. "Ground Zero.. radioactive dirt for sale. Name your price."

Lavo chuckles and then says: "Hello Chairman, I hope you are doing well."

"Yeah, I've got Wellington sitting in front of me and not shooting me. And the Subtle Knife Wielder of Promised Land to my right.. it's a mess in Asia.. but otherwise, how are ya?"

"Alright I guess. Dealing with a new issue on what to do with the new memorial proposal here... Funds got thrown towards one's construction with no proposal attached. But anyways, I'm here about Yammy's latest show du force."

"Yeah, I know you already still have troops in Korea don't you?" Replies Maelstrom.

"I don't recall you pulling them out."

"Nope, they got recalled awhile ago. Unsurprisingly, Lu's acting like a bunch of retarded cats. Haven't been expecting good things from them since they asked for independence... Annnnnnd they just had to chose to screw up with Yamato." Says Lavo.

"Basically, I'm wondering how would the RA be able to help the best? I'm not sure sending in boots on the ground or fighters in the skies will do much, versus behind enemy lines recce ops, anti-communication attacks, and other electronic warfare."

"Yeah, well. I don't like gunboat diplomacy though. They do have a right to change their minds. How would you feel if you thought about a treaty overnight.. figured it was bad for you.. and the other statesman come up to you and put his gun to your head and said sign it anyway." Replies Maelstrom.

"Your navy may be sufficient. If you can cut them off from their home isles of Japan it should prove a huge detriment to any military transit across the yellow sea or sea of japan."

"Although I think your analogy is rather incorrect, Yamato clearly is in the wrong." Lavo starts.

"Our goal right now is to put Yamato back to the table."

"Hrm. That would be possible. Do you have a base or port we can operate from?" Lavo asks.

Then Maelstrom starts. "I don't think Lu is fully in the right on this either, but there are other ways to handle this than war."

"Of course. If there weren't, we wouldn't be here now would we?" Lavo blurts out.

"Absolutely, you have your pick among Melvin Republic's ports on the Chinese coast or any deepwater port in India."

"I'll note your assistance in the Legislature."

"That'll do. Hold on a minute, I'm going to run some numbers on the YN (Yamato Navy)." Lavo replies.

"We'll also send more rebuilding aid. I know you're still recovering from that last great war so.. mutual back scratching."

"Nah, we've fully recovered."

"Good to hear.. but if ya needed it it would have been there."

"War and oppression has always been a uniting factor in the region historically. This war being no exception. If there's one good thing that's come out of this, it's having nobody on the streets and totally poor and far, far less crime and prisoners." Lavo says.

"Indeed. Hey, if you're having unemployment problems we have absolutely no problem with foreign conscription in our foreign legions."

"It's to the point that we only have two prisons and one labour camp [the RA uses this instead of executions/life in prison] running." Lavo chuckles.

"Unemployment is at an all time low. It's truly amazing what we've done, the RA literally has become stronger and more advanced as a result of the war."

"Anywho, the YN analysis is in. Seems they have around 51 ships, my guess is they have a large number of corvettes and landing ships. The RN suggests sending in around half our forces, in order to show Yamato it has no chance and to try and avoid full out conflict."

"Sir Chairman?"

"Yessir, sorry.. I'm getting so many damned pop ups on my command and control interfaces it's ridiculous."

"Don't you have some sort of adblocker? Our electronic warfare department standardized one, citing the fact that pop ups often contain virus and other malware we'd like to avoid. I can send you the installer if you wish."

"I wish it were that kind of popups, it's inbound traffic from my diplomatic corps. Oh, query, Artemis is begging us for contracts. Would you like to have your fleet protected by a shield of additional air support which we could hire for you?"

Lavo laughs. "Our Naval AF will do just fine. If we really needed anything else, we'd send over a detachment of Vindicators or two."

"Not a problem.. Hrmm.. any ideas what we could do with them? We don't really need them.. but then again, they could replace our losses." Asks Maelstrom.

"Or there's that new stealth bomber that's recently entered service... It can use the combat testing."

"Hrmm.. feel free to." Replies the Chairman.

"Hrm. Vipers can do regular CAP flights, air dominance, strike missions, and other small tactical strikes."

"Unfortunately, I think Melvin Republic and Cochin will feel a little heat on this one."

"Understandable. I'll get the RAF to send over a Viper detachment (encase air superiority is threatened) and a few of the stealth bombers."

"The stealth bombers are made for one purpose, to hit the most well defended targets (such as AAA) and get out unscratched. One of the best penetraters in the world to date."

Maelstrom nods and says. "Dealing with another flurry."

"Well, I wish them luck. I've not had much luck with stealth. For some reason, everyone seems able to detect it these days."

Lavo starts off. "Yeah. Thankfully it got a good top speed if things get hot, and Yamato isn't the most technologically advanced nation in the world."

"If the enemy were say, Viniland or Aotearoa, we wouldn't use or depend on it."

Maelstrom nods. "Understood."

"Well, I'm going to give you clearance at all Dragonisian airbases. Feel free to land and fuel there."

"Airspace access is also authorized, as well as land and sea. Use what you need."

"Understood. Sending out the deployment orders now... Expect the RAF aircraft and crews sometime in the next 48-72 hours, and the RN will get there whenever it does."

"Good luck dealing with this headache Mr. Chairman."

"Thanks. I just hope there isn't more in the wings."

"PRC just ceded from the Block under the 48 hour notification." Sighs the Chairman.

"That isn't a good sign..." Lavo replies.

"Well.. if they're that dumb to war with the amount of ties that we have.. it'd be a huge mistake."

"But oh well."

"Indeed. I'd say it'd be 72 hours at most until some form of boots would be in their capital." Lavo says jokingly.

"Anyhow. I don't want to keep you busy or wellington and the subtle one waiting to long. Any other critical business that needs addressed?"

"Not to my knowledge. I just woke up a little while ago anyways, so I should head off to eat before my wife has my head. Good day to you Mr. Chairman."

"Good day to you.. good luck avoiding the hatchet."

Lavo then hangs up the phone and walks off to breakfast.

OOC: IC IRC convos, gotta love 'em.

Edited by Lavo_2

The Kingdom of Cochin expresses its appreciation for the RA/DE ODP. We offer Rebel Army the use of Air Bases and Army Bases within the Kingdom for the defense of Lu Empire. Army units can be transited through RCNB Ratnagiri via the Trans Himalayan Railway.