Operazione "Roma o Morte"

Agostinho Neto

85px-CoA_of_the_RSI.svg.png

Ministero della Difesa della Repubblica Italiana: Ultimatum all'Impero Romano

Ministry of Defense of the Italian Republic: Ultimatum to the Imperium Romanum

We announce to you the deployment of an enormous italian military force. Any resistance is perfectly futile. Italy guarantees the safety of the dynasty, if any resistance remains absent. If not, then a danger exists of complete annihilation of the country and its form of government.

Therefore we admonish you urgently to make an appeal to the people and the military forces and furthermore to establish a line of communication with the Italian military command.

"They have land they want."

"So its an imperialist grab for more dirt. What is wrong with the people of the world. All that land consists of is soil and plant matter and yet so many leaders are willing to waste blood and lives of their soldiers for it. Thats just insane!!"

Italian Republic: The Roman Empire shall not back down from your threats. We do not advocate unprovoked war, and wish for diplomacy to begin. However, know that if diplomacy fails, or you instigate attacks, Roman honor will prevail over Fascist propaganda.

- Empire of Rome, Ministry of Defense

</Public Communique/>

It is once more with a deepest sense of sorrow that we move to DEFCON1 in ligth of this ultimatum. We wish no harm upon our Italian brethern, but we wish to reiterate the fact that we will not be cowed by the Fascist Regime.

</Classified/Military/DEFCON-1/>

An additional 7,500 Soldiers are being moved up towards the Northern border, with minefields being laid on the outside of the killzones and behind the kill zones.

Total Soldiers Present: 12,500

The Airforce is on full-alert, ready to release its squadrons at the slightest instance of war.

OOC: I began posting that before the ultimatum retracted.

IC:

While we do note the Ultimatum was retracted, we will continue to be in DEFCON1, as the Fascists have already deployed troops to the border. Let it be known that the DEFCON1 is only for defensive puropses, and we have no intentions of making aggerssive war maneuvers.

If the leaders of The Fascist Republic wish for diplomacy, then they may fly to Rome to speak with the Emperor.

The Emperor of Rome, Emperor Constantine Cato, will be arriving via helicopter to take the diplomat back to our diplomatic lodges in Rome. Empress Gebiv I shall be an observer there.

Three Praetorian Guards will accompany the Emperor, in order to make sure his survival, as well as the survival of the Northerner's lives.

gale.jpg

Ambasciatore Roberto Ciano

Ambassador Roberto Ciano will be the representative of the Italian Republic during the talks in Rome. He will not be followed by bodyguards nor by assistance, he has been instructed on the situation and was ordered to avoid aggressive behaviors towards the Roman authorities.

OOC: An observer who has the right to speak her mind? Pardon me if you didn't get the intention I had when I worded it. Basically, she's an observer but she has the right to speak her mind, and participate in the talks.

IC:

The Emperor shook his fellow Italian-man's hand, before they boarded the helicopter. Not a word was spoken between the two men as they made their way into the diplomatic office where the Empress was.

"Robert Ciano, it is with great pleasure that I can introduce you to Empress Gebiv I, former Ruler of Unified Italia. Please, sit down, make yourself comfortable. We have much to discuss. If you would be so kind as to begin, Mr. Ciano..."

galeazzo_ciano.gif

Ambassador Ciano is wearing the military uniform of fascist Italy, and his rank corresponds to "Colonel", he doesen't seems to be comfortable at all. He knows his demands are not going to be met.. and the Regime will not be happy to hear that. A little drop of sweat is coming down his forehead, as he keeps adjusting his jacket "Grazie, Imperatore..* nice you meet you" he partially bows to the Empress, the former ruler of Italia, without looking straight in her eyes, then sits down and takes a deep breath "I am Ambassador Roberto Ciano, representative of the Italian Republic, i am here in virtue of the power given me by the Glorioso Popolo d'Italia* and Pater Patriae* Comandante Junio Borghese."

1*Thank you, Emperor..

2*Glorious Italian People

3*"Father of the Fatherland

"Welcome to Rome. It is a pleasure to finally meet one of the representatives of the...state...to the North. I had expected your Commandante Junio Borghese, but nonetheless, it is great for diplomatic talks to be established. Please, if there is anything I can get you while you're here, just ask. We aim to accommodate diplomats, even if the tensions with their nation is high."

Constantine sized the man up. The 'colonel' of the Fascist forces did not seem like much to the Emperor. In fact, he was a bit shorter, and less broad-shouldered than himself. Cato's eyes moved up towards the man's brow, noticing the large quantities of sweat. Cato knew he wasn't an imposing man, and wondered what had the man so worried.

"Calm yourself, brother. There's no reason to be fearful. Please, let us begin the diplomatic talks. What exactly are the demands of your Comandante?" asked Constantine, watching the man vindictively.

galeazzo_ciano.gif

"I was born in Rome." says while looking at the Emperor "I was born here and grow up here till Empress Gebiv was in control of the Peninsula.. even Comandante Junio Borghese was born in Roma, many of the high ranks of the fascist regime were born here in Roma or in Lazio." he added "Our demands are..." he looks around in the room, taking a little time before speaking again "Roma".

Edited by Junio Borghese

OOC: I'd be a little careful about saying before I ruled the peninsula. There isn't an exact CNRP timescale.

"ROMA? Hasn't that city been through enough lately? Why would either of you make a deal over such a city? As leaders of the few Italian people on the peninsula, why do you do this to them? Roma is more than a city."

He sighed. It had been expected, although he had a slight glimmer of hope that it wouldn't happen. "I'm sure you are well aware that we would never turn Roma over to anyone.

Empress Gebiv is right, however. Roma is more than a city. It is the heart of Italian people everywhere and 'handing it over' as if were a chip to bargain with is something that would put every Italian, Roman or Fascist, to shame

I may be being blunt or rude, but that is far from the point. I invited you here, or rather your leader, for diplomatic talks about ending the tension and hostility between our two nations. If you have nothing to discuss, diplomatically, other than the 'handing over' of Roma, then please, call your leader, so that we may arrange a time for you to be dropped back off into Northern Italia."