Airforce Damage from Nuke Incorrect

enderland

Yesterday I was nuked and had 85 airplanes remaining which means I lost 20 AF.

This is not possible to be correct in almost any manner.

I have:

FAB

7 aircraft carriers

FSS

The most logical assumption is that the AC bonus is incorrect (aka giving a bonus for all 7 carriers instead of just 5), but that still does not provide the correct number of planes being destroyed, as it would be (.75 * .75 * (105 - 20 - 5*7) ) = 28.125 planes. Using the 50% number provided in the nuclear report, I still only lose 25 planes, again incorrect.

Somehow this is being calculated incorrectly. I honestly do not know how, as the number is wrong. Perhaps both the AC is incorrect, as well as a 40% instead of 50% number? I cannot really reverse engineer this one >.<

Well, you're indicating a FSS, so the nuke losses to aircraft is 25% not 50%. As I recall, losses from nukes does not include your carrier based aircraft. You started with 105 aircraft and since you have over 5 carriers, that's 25 aircraft not affected meaning you have 80 aircraft left to be affected by the nuke. 80*.25 = 20, the number of aircraft you lost.

Well, you're indicating a FSS, so the nuke losses to aircraft is 25% not 50%. As I recall, losses from nukes does not include your carrier based aircraft. You started with 105 aircraft and since you have over 5 carriers, that's 25 aircraft not affected meaning you have 80 aircraft left to be affected by the nuke. 80*.25 = 20, the number of aircraft you lost.

I have an FAFB too so that is another 20 planes that are immune, and according to the battle report I got it says 50% aircraft destroyed. I was under the impression that the two 75% figures stacked, however, neither set of percentages are accurate.

It's 75% planes destroyed without FSS, 50% with.

well the way it would it up would be ammount lost = total planes - base*0.25/0.5 - carriers*5 - FAFB ammount.

Where base = 50 w/o construction and 60 with and 0.75/0.5 is FSS dependent.

So it would be for you 20 = 105 - 30 - 35 - 20 (which obviously checks out :V )

Dunno if this is the right one though, just speculation.

Edited by uaciaut

well the way it would it up would be ammount lost = total planes - base*0.75/0.5 - carriers*5 - FAFB ammount.

Where base = 50 w/o construction and 60 with and 0.75/0.5 is FSS dependent.

So it would be for you 20 = 105 - 30 - 35 - 20 (which obviously checks out :V )

Dunno if this is the right one though, just speculation.

That doesn't look right. One, that would mean someone without the FSS would be 105-45-25-20 = 15 which is less lost aircraft than with the FSS which isn't right. And a nation like mine with 8 carriers and no FSS would be 105-45-40-20 = 0 wouldn't take any losses at all. Then there's this from the Information Index that only seems to add to the mystery.

reduce defending aircraft by 75% (aircraft supported by the Foreign Airforce Base wonder and aircraft carriers are reduced at a lower percentage),

This seems to imply that the FAFB and carrier based aircraft are not immune but take losses at an even lower percentage. But that doesn't seem right either.

That doesn't look right. One, that would mean someone without the FSS would be 105-45-25-20 = 15 which is less lost aircraft than with the FSS which isn't right. And a nation like mine with 8 carriers and no FSS would be 105-45-40-20 = 0 wouldn't take any losses at all. Then there's this from the Information Index that only seems to add to the mystery.

It's .25, not .75; sorry for the mistake, it was quite late for me when i posted that D:

• 1 month later...

I think you may be forgetting this:

Nuclear weapons are extremely devastating to nations being attacked by them. Nuclear weapons completely reduce the number of defending soldiers for a defending nation to zero (50% Survival if the defending nations has the Fallout Shelter System wonder), cause great amounts of cruise missile, tanks, land, technology and infrastructure losses (35% each up to a base limit before the techbonus of 150 land, 150 infrastructure, and 50 technology), reduce defending aircraft by 75% (aircraft supported by the Foreign Airforce Base wonder and aircraft carriers are reduced at a lower percentage), reduce defending Corvettes, Landing Ships, Cruisers, and Frigates by 25%, and cause population happiness to plummet for a period of 5 days after a nuclear attack. Nuclear weapons may not be launched until after 24 hours after declaring war.

I think you may be forgetting this:

Well, assuming that the percentage was 0% damage (which would result in the lowest amount of planes being lost)

105 - (5 * 5 + 20) = 60 nuclear vulnerable planes (those supported by carriers/FAB are reduced at a zero percent rate)

This means that you would lose (with FSS)

60 * .75 * .75 = 33.75 aircraft

Or perhaps it is this (I'm not sure how the FSS modifier is applied)

60 * .50 = 30

Either way it is a lot more than the 20 I lost so somewhere something is messed up.

Even if the extra AF are supported from the two extra carriers, you get

50 * .75 *.75 = 28.125

or

50 * .50 = 25

Both of which are also not equal to 20 :s

It is possible to get the number of 20 if construction, every carrier, and the FAB protect the aircraft -

You would have 105 - (10 + 7*5 + 20) = 40 nuclear vulnerable aircraft, and then doing 50% damage to them would result in 20, but I doubt this is how it is coded

Just accept that aircraft supported by the Foreign Airforce Base wonder and aircraft carriers are reduced at a lower percentage. That's what is going on here.

You can figure out the equations on your own.