Inactivity Deletion

Runryrorun

My nation was attacked with a nuke on 5/12 and I will no longer have the economic and happiness effects on my nation on 5/17, the same day as my 20th day of inactivity. Ideally I'd like to collect my taxes without these effects, but I don't want to risk losing my nation. Is there a particular time on the 20th day of inactivity that the nation is deleted, or is it the update going into the 21st? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. :awesome:

Your nation is deleted on the 20th. I've seen nations that wait till the update and collect real quick and make it, and I've seen others make it to 5pm gametime not deleted yet.

You can try it, but it's random.

Contrary to popular belief, it's not a script admin runs manually sometime throughout the day. That's what I thought it was, but in some recent thread he said otherwise. And iirc in the thread, he said it was random as well

Its not random... there is a method to the madness... It would be possible to determine exactly when your nation would be deleted for inactivity.

I am unsure whether the moderation staff wish that to be common knowledge, but what you need to uncover it is was discussed in a thread somewhere in the Gameplay Discussions section.

I think the script was at one time done manually at a random point during the day and any nations 20 days inactive got deleted then. But much like donation system which was once handled entirely manually and is now automated, Admin automated the deletion process as well.

Edited by Count Rupert

As far as I know, This is true.

And anyway, why would admin run a deletion script at peak hours during a major war?

I just recently 20-day backcollected for the same reason. If you collect at update, I think you should be fine.

(DISCLAIMER: Chocolate Cookies does not take responsibility for deleted nations. Backcollect at your own risk.)

I think there is a penalty for that as well, like 20%. Don't know if that makes or breaks the deal.

The only penalty for not collecting is facing deletion for inactivity on day 20. The 20% on income you are referring to has to do with not paying your bills for 20 days.

From the CyberNations Information Index

If you do not pay your bills for 20 days you will begin to accrue a bill avoidance fee on your income tax collections of 20% at 20 days plus 2% per day after that.

As far as I know, This is true.

And anyway, why would admin run a deletion script at peak hours during a major war?

I just recently 20-day backcollected for the same reason. If you collect at update, I think you should be fine.

(DISCLAIMER: Chocolate Cookies does not take responsibility for deleted nations. Backcollect at your own risk.)

That's what I've noticed as well. Nations who collect taxes later on day 0 of inactivity tend to be deleted later on day 20 of inactivity.