Seeing Red

The Red Guard, as they would remind her upon meeting, were wondering themselves who was behind the attack. They sure as hell hadn't done it.

The contact that Sasha was to meet sat in the corner of an unobtrusive little coffee shop, sipping a tall, decaf cappuccino, and a red book sitting on the table next to their left hand, which was encased in a black glove. The book and the glove were the clue--red for the Guard, and the glove for the Dark Hand. He also happened to be reading another book between sips of his coffee, but that was unimportant. The signs were there for Sasha to read when she walked in.

Entering the café Sasha quickly identified the man in the corner as her contact; and deduced the girl serving coffee and the two, wait, four, no seven other individuals working with him. . . the Typical café meeting, it was almost cliché for those in Sasha’s line of work.

Sitting down across from the man she identified as her contact Sasha began with the unnecessary poetic confirmation code.

“In clear weather the Earth is so charming, like a red-faced girl clothed in whiter. Such is the charm of those rivers and mountains, calling innumerable heroes to vie with each other in pursuing her.”

Edited by Generalissimo

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom had enough. "Alright. Just give me what their faces look like. Try making it specific." He tosses him a clipboard, pencil and puts a wet sponge on his head. He unties him so he can write, but keeps the knife out.

he rubbed his wrists where the ropes had been. They had chafed, but not too badly. He took the pencil, and clipboard, briefly entertaining the thought that the pencil could be a weapon, but dismissing it. He doubted he could do anything against his captor.

As he put the pencil to the paper, he actually managed to forget for a time where he was, as he lost himself in the drawing. Sketching was actually a hobby of his, but he rarely had any time for it considering his circumstances.

Entering the café Sasha quickly identified the man in the corner as her contact; and deduced the girl serving coffee and the two, wait, four, no seven other individuals working with him. . . the Typical café meeting, it was almost cliché for those in Sasha's line of work.

Sitting down across from the man she identified as her contact Sasha began with the unnecessary poetic confirmation code.

"In clear weather the Earth is so charming, like a red-faced girl clothed in whiter. Such is the charm of those rivers and mountains, calling innumerable heroes to vie with each other in pursuing her."

Closing the book, the contact met her eyes and smiled, speaking the next few lines in the poem.

"'The emperors Shih Huang and Wu Ti were barely cultured, The emperors Tai Tsung and Tai Tsu were lacking in feeling, Genghis Khan knew only how to bend his bow at the eagles, These all belong to the past--only to-day are there men of feeling.' An interesting man, wasn't he? Although some would call him a butcher, others say he did what he had to to ensure his nation's survival."

He picked up the red book and put it down on top of the other. "Call me Hawk. What would you prefer to be referred to as?"

After he finishes his drawing, Tom stands up from where he had been sitting for an hour or so. "Alright. Get out of here. And remember - you never saw me, you don't know me, and you were out with some friends today. Got it?" Louiz nods yes then leaves. Now Tom has some very detailed drawings of the drivers...now the only thing left would be to hunt them all down and interrorgate them one by one. But for now he had to patch up his thumb.

After he finishes his drawing, Tom stands up from where he had been sitting for an hour or so. "Alright. Get out of here. And remember - you never saw me, you don't know me, and you were out with some friends today. Got it?" Louiz nods yes then leaves. Now Tom has some very detailed drawings of the drivers...now the only thing left would be to hunt them all down and interrorgate them one by one. But for now he had to patch up his thumb.

He nodded emphatically to show that yes, he understood. "Of c-course, s-sir. Your f-face is already g-growing fuzzy," he said as he left, deliberately avoiding looking at his captor. He went home right away, hoping he would have no more part to play in what was to come...

Tom had managed to find two other drivers - Leigh Harris and Mark Lugli. He found the Leigh and promptly took them back to where he kept Louiz.

Mark was a different matter. Thankfully he found that every day, he took a lunch break at a tree in the local park. Tom waited for him with an aluminum baseball bat. When Mark arrived, he hid in the tree, waited for him to start eating his sandwich, then tapped him on the head with the bat and said, "Yo, what's up?" then smacked him on the side of head, trying not to kill him. When he made sure he wasn't dead, he picked him up and had him "join" Leigh.

Tom had managed to find two other drivers - Leigh Harris and Mark Lugli. He found the Leigh and promptly took them back to where he kept Louiz.

Mark was a different matter. Thankfully he found that every day, he took a lunch break at a tree in the local park. Tom waited for him with an aluminum baseball bat. When Mark arrived, he hid in the tree, waited for him to start eating his sandwich, then tapped him on the head with the bat and said, "Yo, what's up?" then smacked him on the side of head, trying not to kill him. When he made sure he wasn't dead, he picked him up and had him "join" Leigh.

OOC: I during TF2 (Meet the Scout) shout-out. :awesome:

As he was the first captive of the two, so too was Leigh the first to wake. His initial reaction was a little different, considering his captor was not there when he woke. he almost casually tested his bonds, being careful not to pull so hard he chafed his wrists. Just as he'd almost casually determined he probably wouldn't be going anywhere anytime soon, Tom came in carrying mark, whom he recognized as a fellow driver, though he did not know his name.

OOC: I during TF2 (Meet the Scout) shout-out. :awesome:

OOC: Hmm? :mellow:

When he saw Leigh had awoken, he said, "Gentleman." then simply put Mark in another chair then tied him up. "So, I assume you know you won't be going anywhere soon. But you know something that I do not. And my job makes me want to know everything. So, simple question. I know that you transported nuclear weapons for Promised Land. Tell me...what was your exact route? If you do not know, then I will simply ask your colleague here. I have two...no, three weapons with me. All three can kill you." To emphasize his point, he puts his pistol, knife and bat on a table near the chairs, the knife with a bit of blood on it. "So, where did you drive that day, hmm?"

"The same day you transported those nukes. Along with him and an immigrant, among others. If you like I can bring him back here to show you." He picks up the knife, holding it almost like he will cut him.

"I don't know which day I transported nukes. I drove trucks for the government several times. Each time it was a different route."

While not strictly true, it wasn't an outright lie. Though he wasn't supposed to, he knew which day the nuke had been transported, but he wasn't sure if he was the one who had had it. He was still unnerved by the weapons, and a trickle of sweat started down just below his left eyebrow, but he still managed to keep his voice under control.

"I don't know!" he protested suddenly. "Which route do you want? I can't remember them all!" For the first time, his nervousness disappeared, replaced with a glare that, if looks could kill, would have Tom on the floor, drowning in his own blood.

Mark showed his first signs of stirring at the shouting, twitching as if in a dream, but he was not yet awake.

Closing the book, the contact met her eyes and smiled, speaking the next few lines in the poem.

"'The emperors Shih Huang and Wu Ti were barely cultured, The emperors Tai Tsung and Tai Tsu were lacking in feeling, Genghis Khan knew only how to bend his bow at the eagles, These all belong to the past--only to-day are there men of feeling.' An interesting man, wasn't he? Although some would call him a butcher, others say he did what he had to ensure his nation's survival."

“Men of accomplishment are always interesting, but fame and infamy are often manipulated by whoever is writing the history. Ultimately the difference between hero and a villain is determined by a single paragraph from the superior chronicler”
He picked up the red book and put it down on top of the other. "Call me Hawk. What would you prefer to be referred to as?"
Sasha met the operative’s eyes

“It’s me Sasha. I know it’s been a long time but you should have recognized me, I dated your friend Sergi back in university. I’ve heard you’re having problems with the current landlord and the new neighbors are making too much noise, I was told you might require assistance.”

Edited by Generalissimo

"Men of accomplishment are always interesting, but fame and infamy are often manipulated by whoever is writing the history. Ultimately the difference between hero and a villain is determined by a single paragraph from the superior chronicler"

Sasha met the operative's eyes

"It's me Sasha. I know it's been a long time but you should have recognized me, I dated your friend Sergi back in university. I've heard you're having problems with the current landlord and the new neighbors are making too much noise, I was told you might require assistance."

"Sasha? Well, isn't this a remarkable coincidence," he said with a smile.

"Yes, we--I am having a bit of trouble with the landlord and neighbors. To top it off, murder has been done in the neighborhood, and no one knows who to blame. It's a giant case of 'whodunit.'" He sighed as he made the quotation mark sign with his fingers. "But perhaps we can profit from the confusion and get a new landlord." He shook his head. "This isn't the place to discuss this. Do you have a place to stay while you're in town?"

"Sasha? Well, isn't this a remarkable coincidence," he said with a smile.

"Yes, we--I am having a bit of trouble with the landlord and neighbors. To top it off, murder has been done in the neighborhood, and no one knows who to blame. It's a giant case of 'whodunit.'" He sighed as he made the quotation mark sign with his fingers. "But perhaps we can profit from the confusion and get a new landlord." He shook his head. "This isn't the place to discuss this. Do you have a place to stay while you're in town?"

“I was going to book a room, but this is such a terribly dangerous neighborhood for a girl by herself." *feigned helplessness* "If your girlfriend doesn’t mind I wouldn’t be entirely opposed to boarding with you.” Edited by Generalissimo

"I don't know!" he protested suddenly. "Which route do you want? I can't remember them all!" For the first time, his nervousness disappeared, replaced with a glare that, if looks could kill, would have Tom on the floor, drowning in his own blood.

Mark showed his first signs of stirring at the shouting, twitching as if in a dream, but he was not yet awake.

"Well, I would prefer al of them. But it seems that you don't want to cooperate. Well then..." He puts the knife on Leigh's hand. "One slip of a finger and you'll have blood running down your hand and onto the floor. Do you really want that? If you do, tell me nothing. If you don't tell me everything."

"I was going to book a room, but this is such a terribly dangerous neighborhood for a girl by herself." *feigned helplessness* "If your girlfriend doesn't mind I wouldn't be entirely opposed to boarding with you."

He grinned. "Not at all. As a matter of fact, I'm between girlfriends right now. There's no one to object." Standing, he gathered the books and tossed the empty coffee cup into the trash. "Shall we go, my fair lady?" he said flirtatiously, holding the door of the shop open for her to show that chivalry was not, contrary to belief, dead.

"Well, I would prefer al of them. But it seems that you don't want to cooperate. Well then..." He puts the knife on Leigh's hand. "One slip of a finger and you'll have blood running down your hand and onto the floor. Do you really want that? If you do, tell me nothing. If you don't tell me everything."

"Ok, Ok!" he said, finally breaking. "Most of my routes went west toward Alice Springs and then north, ending in Darwin. The rest ended up in Kalgoorlie."

"Ok, Ok!" he said, finally breaking. "Most of my routes went west toward Alice Springs and then north, ending in Darwin. The rest ended up in Kalgoorlie."

"Well, that wasn't so hard, now was it?" He untied his hands but kept his waist to the chair. "Write down specifics. Make a map if you want to. Just detail your entire route." He puts a clipboard and pencil on his lap. Around this time he notices Mark waking up. "Good evening. I assume you had a nice little nap?"

"Well, that wasn't so hard, now was it?" He untied his hands but kept his waist to the chair. "Write down specifics. Make a map if you want to. Just detail your entire route." He puts a clipboard and pencil on his lap. Around this time he notices Mark waking up. "Good evening. I assume you had a nice little nap?"

Leigh sweated, but took the clipboard and pencil without complaint, eyeing the knife as he did so. He began tracing out the routes--he couldn't remember every single detail, but he put in every single one he could think of.

Mark blinked groggily. "What's the licence plate of the truck that hit me?" he grumbled, as if unaware he was tied up. "What hap-" he cut off when he went to move, only to find his wrists tied. "What the hell?"

"Welcome to hell." He motions towards Leigh. "Your buddy here is helping me I expect you to as well." He looks at the knife, then puts it back on the table. He then picks up the same bat he used to knock Mark out in the first place. "This is the plate of the truck that hit you. Louisville Slugger, right from my hometown. Like your buddy here, I want you to help me find out exactly what you transported. Refuse, and you'll have your arm bend a nice way. Useful for reaching things behind you. But it hurts like hell. Cooperate...and you'll walk out unharmed." He pats the bat against his palm. "So what's it going to be?"

"Welcome to hell." He motions towards Leigh. "Your buddy here is helping me I expect you to as well." He looks at the knife, then puts it back on the table. He then picks up the same bat he used to knock Mark out in the first place. "This is the plate of the truck that hit you. Louisville Slugger, right from my hometown. Like your buddy here, I want you to help me find out exactly what you transported. Refuse, and you'll have your arm bend a nice way. Useful for reaching things behind you. But it hurts like hell. Cooperate...and you'll walk out unharmed." He pats the bat against his palm. "So what's it going to be?"

"Hmm, let me get this straight. My options are...refuse to help you, and suffer excruciating pain...or do what you ask, and risk my own government's wrath--do I have that right?" If possible, Mark was even more calm about his situation than Leigh had initially been.

"Hmm, let me get this straight. My options are...refuse to help you, and suffer excruciating pain...or do what you ask, and risk my own government's wrath--do I have that right?" If possible, Mark was even more calm about his situation than Leigh had initially been.

"Do you hear that?! By George, I think he has it! Yes, splendid observation." He puts the bat on Mark's head. "All I have to do to kill you is to lift this bat up" He lifts it up to demonstrate, "then bring it down with enough force" He does this too, but stops short. "and then your brains are going to make this room a nice color. Cherry pink, I would assume."

"Do you hear that?! By George, I think he has it! Yes, splendid observation." He puts the bat on Mark's head. "All I have to do to kill you is to lift this bat up" He lifts it up to demonstrate, "then bring it down with enough force" He does this too, but stops short. "and then your brains are going to make this room a nice color. Cherry pink, I would assume."

"Always preferred gunmetal grey, myself," he replied with a grin. "Fine. So what all information do you want from me? Routes?" he glanced at his fellow captive, showing how he'd guessed that little detail. "Names? Dates?"

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

"Always preferred gunmetal grey, myself," he replied with a grin. "Fine. So what all information do you want from me? Routes?" he glanced at his fellow captive, showing how he'd guessed that little detail. "Names? Dates?"

"Routes and precise drop-off points, with a detailed map. Hopefully after this I won't have to kill you. Never really did like blood on my hands." He puts back the bat, and this time picking up the gun, then loading the breech, it making a nice click sound. "Two rounds...two targets. One bullet for each of you between the eyes. I hope I don't have to do this."