War's Aftermath: Color Team Protection

Tech-raiding is part of Planet Bob. seriously, if the Revenge Doctrine is not upheld anymore or actually revoked, so what. red will get raided and well, so what. honestly who cares. CNARF failed for a reason people as did Walford. if you actually want to make a dent in tech-raiding it would be more in your interest to teach young alliances not to tech-raid or gain allies and try to convince them not to tech-raid (if they allow it) versus coming here and preaching about how ebil it is. cuz that will get you nowhere fast.

Actually, having non-aligned under constant attack is not how it always has been. There are still a few here who were non-aligned for the first year and saw very little action until might-makes-right was institutionalized into our collective culture by force by a minority. Mythology notwithstanding, the CNARF [with 250 nations from over a dozen alliances] was going along fine until rivalry made it politically expedient to marginalize those who created it.

And who is preaching about how evil looting from those who did nothing to you is? My case is practical, not moral. It is not in our interest to have our trading partners hounded from the game by losers who fold in battle when they find themselves in a real fight. Let some protect their non-aligned trading partners while others do nothing as theirs continue to be driven off and see who is more successful.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, having non-aligned under constant attack is not how it always has been. There are still a few here who were non-aligned for the first year and saw very little action until might-makes-right was institutionalized into our collective culture by force by a minority. Mythology notwithstanding, the CNARF [with 250 nations from over a dozen alliances] was going along fine until rivalry made it politically expedient to marginalize those who created it.

And who is preaching about how evil looting from those who did nothing to you is? My case is practical, not moral. It is not in our interest to have our trading partners hounded from the game by losers who fold in battle when they find themselves in a real fight. Let some protect their non-aligned trading partners while others do nothing as theirs continue to be driven off and see who is more successful.

that is why i tend to have trading partners in alliances rather than unaligned cuz it is not just tech-raids that force unaligned out of this game, it is boredom and RL as well.

I don't like raiding, I prefer to grow my nation myself, but my idea is fairly simple:

-Have an alliance created.

-Have it be the protectorate of quite a few alliances

-Tell unaligneds that they can go there if they want to stay out of an alliance.

If there are, say, 3 sanctioned alliances protecting it, it would be fairly safe from raiders, while they can just sit there and do whatever they want.