The reformation of TF!

This thread reads like a bad parody of events that may have occured while some alliances were curbstomped under the TPF-supported hegemony except I don't think this is meant to be a parody.

Edited by Matthew George

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say it right now, we're not the same TF! as before. My intent was never ment to cause pain to Fark, but that is the way they took it. For that I am sorry.

Maybe, but again, did you really honestly not see this coming? If not, and if you really intend a clean start, would not my suggestion of having TF! simply stand for something else be somewhat of a fair compromise for you to seek? Or, like I said, at least continuing to try to achieve a settlement rather than spend 45 minutes and coming here to call Farkistan out on failing to be judicious?

There is still potentially a correct way to go about this and get at least some of what you want. I'd suggest you try harder to find that way, if I might.

Some things should stay dead. Reminding us of your betrayal at this moment may bring warm, nostalgic feelings back to you, but for us it just puts you in ZI.

I guess some people still support EZI and PZI these days. Sad to see.

Maybe, but again, did you really honestly not see this coming? If not, and if you really intend a clean start, would not my suggestion of having TF! simply stand for something else be somewhat of a fair compromise for you to seek? Or, like I said, at least continuing to try to achieve a settlement rather than spend 45 minutes and coming here to call Farkistan out on failing to be judicious?

There is still potentially a correct way to go about this and get at least some of what you want. I'd suggest you try harder to find that way, if I might.

Well let me be honest, and this goes a bit OOC, but I was talking to JB about how I was bored with the game and being deployed wasn't helping make it any more fun. That was my only thought. We talked about the old days when the game was more fun and less srs bsns, and I decided on a whim that I was going to do it. So nope, I didn't event think about fark. And maybe I should have. No I should have. but it was the heat of the moment. And my only intentions were to bring some fun back in this game.

I'm willing to try anything but giving up my little bit of fun in this game. Yeah, it's means a lot to Fark to get ride of the TF! name, I understand, and some might even say it's just a freaking name dude, switch the AA and move on. But TF! is my glory days. And I want this title of leader of TF! more than anything. I'm willing to do anything to keep it.

I read this thread as totally funny and too many people with too thin of skin. Its a chance for him to have fun and fight in proxy. He's obviously no threat to the Farkers or their namesake. I, for one, love it when someone does something fun and gives him and others a chance to stay attached to Bob. As long as the former AA isn't a /b/ or intended to reinvoke GOONS gone bad on Bob. Personally, I don't see an issue for Wing jr. here. I'm sorry Fark is this sensitive after all this time. I thought that Farkers were able to enjoy Bob with more of a carefree attitude... I hope that most of them are enjoying the war as much as we are ;)

oo/ wingwhiper jr. :D

oo/ Fun Warfare.

Wing.. i hope you decide to stay but being in a warzone.. in 2 timezones.. can wear on anyone :P Best of luck and we'll miss ya here at TPF. Hopefully after the war, you can come back home to stay :wub:

If you don't want this to be the same TF you don't call it TF. The name has negative connotations attached to it (just like \m/, LUE, and the like have for some people).

Either change the name or you're asking for whatever you get.

I don't care what connections you have to TF!. You've been using circular logic and double standards for the past few days, and it seems you're at it every time I turn around. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely impressed by your founder status, and I'm sure that's where the undue confidence is coming from, but you need to evaluate whether or not you really have things to add to a thread before committing yourself to them.

For myself, I'm a reroll and a former alliance MoD. Also, I'm a good poster.

I don't care if you don't care.

Just because a self appointed judge of what is acceptable posting is, says so, doesn't make it true.

I have reevaluated and am twice as committed.

I am impressed by your rerollieness and former MoD status as well.

Careful Mr. Good Poster, you are going to sprain your arm patting yourself on the back.

...see how useless no u replies are?

Now since you avoided it the first time I will ask you again, what is your reason for being in this thread, besides being a good poster and all?

It really has nothing to do wth "sins of your fathers". If I made an alliance called "Better Order of the Paradox" or "Ragnarockandroll" or whatever, I would expect a less then kind reaction, probably even ZI if I refused to change it.

Likewise, if I named my alliance "LUE" or "/b/", I would expect the same treatment.

This was an alliance that existed for well over a year, Wing was the #2 at it's inception....are you saying he has no right to bring it back and exist peacefully ?

uh... this isn't "might makes right".

Just because previously they would've been crushed for doing what they thought was right does not mean that now, when they have the ability to, they're somehow just abusing their powers.

Your logic is horrendous.

Ah, so to do what one thinks is right hinges upon how much power one has?....and this is not that?

Your logic is good ?

But TF! is my glory days. And I want this title of leader of TF! more than anything. I'm willing to do anything to keep it.

See, that's respectable, and if that is true then honestly you shouldn't be bothered either way if Farkistan takes issue with you.

However, even though it would have fared far better for you if you had led with such sentiment from the start, it is a sentiment that will fare you better in dealing with Farkistan than basically anything else you could go to them with.

I still say having TF! stand for something else would serve you the strongest in negotiations (my personally favorite would be Turgid Flapjacks!) (or Tempestuous Flimflam!) but then I'm not really in a position to say. Though if you DO go with one of those two suggestion I will at least put in a good word, lol.

This was an alliance that existed for well over a year, Wing was the #2 at it's inception....are you saying he has no right to bring it back and exist peacefully ?

Of course not. But Fark has every right to stop him doing so as well.

But just creating TF! and just expecting a blank slate from Fark is kind of absurd.

See, that's respectable, and if that is true then honestly you shouldn't be bothered either way if Farkistan takes issue with you.

However, even though it would have fared far better for you if you had led with such sentiment from the start, it is a sentiment that will fare you better in dealing with Farkistan than basically anything else you could go to them with.

I still say having TF! stand for something else would serve you the strongest in negotiations (my personally favorite would be Turgid Flapjacks!) (or Tempestuous Flimflam!) but then I'm not really in a position to say. Though if you DO go with one of those two suggestion I will at least put in a good word, lol.

Had I of known it'd of caused such a rift, my opening statement woulda been more like, Sorry Fark, hope this doesn't upset ya, but I want this bad.

Depends on what ya mean by stand. I think this TF! does stand for something else. Fun. That's it. Injecting fun. I don't bear any ill will towards fark, reguardless of what they do now. I would expect the worst and hope for the best.

JBone, i have lost all respcet for you i had once. I thought you were an adult but your behaviour here is more like a child in a kindergarten group when nobody wants to play with you.

Everybody can see right through this attempt of PR to smear FARK in public. I´m sorry but that´s to low even for you.

Not while he's at war with us. Until he surrenders, that is. You ready to surrender Wingwhiper? :P

Of course not. But Fark has every right to stop him doing so as well.

But just creating TF! and just expecting a blank slate from Fark is kind of absurd.

So you are saying that, Farkistan is saying, he has no right to bring it back and exist peacefully?

...and you are OK with that?

So you are saying that, Farkistan is saying, he has no right to bring it back and exist peacefully?

First:

TF! didn't exist for a year. They formed after Farkistan was attacked by the GOONS and they were already TPF by the time they got peace. Which was almost but not quite 5-6 months. As has been hilariously stated before, Fark lasted longer at war with the GOONS than TF! did in peace with them.

Second: What he was saying is that Wingwhiper had no reason to expect to bring back TF! without objection from Farkistan and the need to settle issues with them first. Which is more than reasonable and the fact that you have gracefully danced around acknowledging that simple point while making your accusations and suggestions is rather telling.

Edited by CaptainImpavid

Well, I am not in Farkistan, so this is only my opinion, but yeah, I am OK with that, if they indeed decide this. Because, CN courtesy states that even if an alliance dies, it keeps its reputation. If you want to bring it back, you better make sure the people who had problems with it are ok with it. VE, for example, did this.

Not while he's at war with us. Until he surrenders, that is. You ready to surrender Wingwhiper? :P

This, I can agree with.

...and sorry steelrat, I will immediately cease my childish antics, god forbid I get a kick out of ribbing some old adversaries.

Farkistan is all grown up now and I'm sure they can handle a bit of friendly ribbing from a former member....lighten up Francis.

I'm not disputing how they should feel. I actually agree with them. I'm just asking for a chance.

Ah, I misunderstood. For some reason I thought you weren't grasping why they were so upset. Apologies.

I cannot say either way about what kind chance you should be given. I don't like telling people not to do things, but when you do something that already has such negative connotations attached to it I'm really not sure where to draw that line. I'll leave it to Fark and you.

Good luck to both.