Navy Blockades

mikeyw

If I wish to put a Navy blockade on an enemy, how do I know if he is already blockaded, and by how much?

If I blockade him on 1 day, his next tax collection will be reduced by some random amound - say 3%, and it tells me that when I do it. If I do the same the next day, his next tax collection will be further reduced by another random amount - say another 2%. This can continue up to 100%. If I blockade him up to the max 100%, and so do the other 3 Nations doing the attacking, is his next tax collection reduced 300%?(!) or his next 3 tax collections reduced 100%. Or is it just his next tax collection reduced by 100%, in which case how do all the attacking Nations know to stop using their Navy slots blockading him?

Mikey

So if I try to blockade a nation that has already been blockaded by someone else, I'll be informed / prevented from doing so?

Also, does the deduction apply to just the tax for a single day, or to all the tax collected when the target nations collects?

So if a nation collects 10M per day, and hasn't collected for 3 days. I impose a blockade which comes out at 5%. He doesn't collect for 9 more days.

Is his total tax collection (12 days * 10M = 120M) reduced by 5%

Is it just the single days tax collection (1 day * 10M) that is reduced by 5%

Is it the days that the blockade was imposed and following (9 days * 10M) that is reduced by 5%

Is it the day of the blockade and before (3 days * 10M) that is reduced by 5%

Appreciate a clarification!

Edited by mikeyw

So if I try to blockade a nation that has already been blockaded by someone else, I'll be informed / prevented from doing so?

Also, does the deduction apply to just the tax for a single day, or to all the tax collected when the target nations collects?

So if a nation collects 10M per day, and hasn't collected for 3 days. I impose a blockade which comes out at 5%. He doesn't collect for 9 more days.

Is his total tax collection (12 days * 10M = 120M) reduced by 5%

Is it just the single days tax collection (1 day * 10M) that is reduced by 5%

Is it the days that the blockade was imposed and following (9 days * 10M) that is reduced by 5%

Is it the day of the blockade and before (3 days * 10M) that is reduced by 5%

Appreciate a clarification!

The blockade deduction applies to all of the tax collected the next time the target collects after being blockaded. In your example; the answer is "his total tax collection (12 days * 10M = 120M) reduced by 5%".

Recently I was blockaded, but the nation which set up the blockade and my nation have made peace. I am still seeing "Recent blockades against your nation will reduce your next tax collection by 9.85%." Will this blockade go away or is there any way to break the blockade since we are not at war?