Presidential Address from the Melvin Republic

sir jesus

President Landry was nervously tapping the desk, watching the screen next to the TV camera count down. 4,3,2,1...

"Good evening citizens of the Melvin Republic and of the world, tonight I have 3 new developments brought to you by Congress and myself.

First, as head of state of the Melvin Republic, I hereby declare a Declaration of Defense of the sovereign nation, The Slavorussian Empire. Our renowned airforce is already en-route to the Slavorussian Empire's remaining airbases, where it will engage all enemy targets in Slavorussia's airspace and sovereign borders. I have also requisitioned the use of our nation's Cruise Missiles, which will be used against enemy targets only within Slavorussian borders. I will make it clear, at no time will we engage any targets outside of the Slavorussian Empire. You may wonder why I have made this decision to defend this nation. To the nations of the world, this sort of imperialistic invasion is unacceptable, and I empathize with the invaded. To the citizens of the Republic, you will find my reasons for war to be quite lucrative.

The Melvin Republic has been granted a complete monopoly on Slavorussian reconstruction efforts, and will do so at an interest rate of 10%. In order for the government to pay for this war and the following reconstruction, Congress has mandated a 7% perpetuity bond that is guaranteed by the federal government. The principle will paid on these bonds when the Slavorussian economy has recovered, and the additional interest gained will be to the benefit of the Melvin Republic. Citizens, you know that I have your best interests at heart and I encourage you to purchase these bonds. Let me remind you, these have more than double the interest rate of previous federal bonds. So make some money and support your government!

To the nations of the world, let me remind you that we are not invading any sovereign territory without the owner's permission nor will we carry out strikes in foreign nations. I ask that you share the same respect for my sovereign soil, so that this situation does not get out of hand.

President Landry sat outside of the South Asia Conference, her mind turning over and over. She could not believe she was about to ask her people permission to do this, but knew it was for the better.

"Good morning, my citizens. Today, I have a request to make of you. As I'm sure you have seen on the international news, the Slavorussian empire has been stuck by EMP charges and are having their electronic defenses neutralized in key areas of the country. I am asking you, the people, to grant me permission to reposition our SDI to protect the Premier from incoming attacks. Yes, this will negate missile coverage over the Melvin Republic and make it susceptible to attack. However, this attack will not come for. Our own nuclear stockpile will prevent the enemy from engaging us on our own soil, and if they do retaliation is assured.

Voting booths have been opened for the next 24 hours. I have never steered you wrong, and I'm positive this repositioning will be beneficial to all involved, except our enemies."

OOC: Just as a hint it was ruled SDI wont cover others nations sorry :(

IC: We thank the Melvin Republic for their support in our righteous conquest.

**Classified Dispatch to the Melvin Republic**

Your planes are welcome to refuel in the UBSR and should you decide to attack on more fronts our Country is open.

Edited by Centurius

IC: President Landry was among one of the first to hear the news, the vote had failed. Despite the defensive umbrella of their nuclear stockpile, the citizenry was not willing to release their precious SDI.

OOC: Thanks for the heads up, I was afraid of this. That's why I left it to an election :)

President Landry smiled as her advisers told her of the developing news in the Slavorussian conflict. Get me a camera immediately, I am addressing the Melvin Republic.

Aides quickly rushed as she paced back and forth, silently wording the speech she would improvise.

"You're on in 4,3,2..."

"Hello again, citizens of the Melvin Republic. Today we will be initiating phase two of our Slavorussian operation. All reserve navy ships will be manned as soon as possible, and the Republic's 300,000 active duty soldiers will be moving along with the fleet. I am also initiating the contracts on 500,000 thousand additional soldiers to keep as defensive forces for the nation.

I am aware that many of you will worry about the inflation brought about by this vast increase in military spending. Do not worry, my people. The financial benefits of the war will further our economic standing. We will make allies through this war, and new economic pathways will be opened up. Good night."

"We will not let our neighbors stand in vain. We call active the Dragon Bloc and also move to defend the Slavorussians, but to declare war on no one. We will follow toe to heel with the intent of their declarations, verbatim, to the letter the same policy effectively. We really think further negotiations should be started to prevent an escalation of the conflict. We also activate Artemis' defense contract in relation to our national soil in the event of any aggression against us directly upon our own soil and authorize the use of retaliatory force only to scale with what the enemy has also utilized.""

"We will not let our neighbors stand in vain. We call active the Dragon Bloc and also move to defend the Slavorussians, but to declare war on no one. We will follow toe to heel with the intent of their declarations, verbatim, to the letter the same policy effectively. We really think further negotiations should be started to prevent an escalation of the conflict. We also activate Artemis' defense contract in relation to our national soil in the event of any aggression against us directly upon our own soil and authorize the use of retaliatory force only to scale with what the enemy has also utilized.""

OOC: THAT could be a sticky situation, because the Nords have hired his entire nation... :unsure:

President Landry now had an active military of 800,000 soldiers within the Melvin Republic with the end of the Eurasian conflict. She had these resources and now she needed to use them. She began her video conference with Congress.

"The Melvin Republic has annexed the entirety of the Dragonisian Protectorate to our north with additional central Asian lands. This is with the permission of the Dragonisia and the Beijing Corporation, the latter who has been given our eastern most territories. Republican soldiers have already begun carrying out peace-keeping operations in the area."