Interest

Anatidae

There is no interest on the first day, so you must have at least 2 days of not collected taxes. Anyway this function is really useless, because it isnt even 1% of income for greater nations as it is limited to 10k at all.

If you wait more than one day since your last collection, then you will get 12% of your available cash as interest for every day past the 2nd that you collect. This is capped at 10k though.

eg.

It has been 1 day since you collected. You get $0 interest.

eg.

It has been 2 days since you collected, and you have $50k lying around. You get 50000 * 0.12 = $6000 interest if you collect

eg.

It has been 5 days since you collected, and you have $40k lying around. You get 40000 * 0.12 * 4 = $19200. The cap is $10000 though, so you only get $10000 interest.

The most you can earn from this is $5000 per day if you collect every 2nd day and have $84k cash when you collect.

It truly has a very minimal significance when collecting once you are making a buttload of money per day after bills are paid.

Could you tell me when that occurs? Roughly? (infra levels, etc) What are your definitions of buttload per day?

I am not being sarcastic in the slightest here (Not trying to be, at least)....I am genuinely curious...

Thx

Personally I would say its never been worth it fooling around, first of all you need to tie money up to pay your bills (otherwise you get $5000 intrest with that if you dont pay every day) and also to maximise the intrest (roughly $100,000 so the 12% = $10,000) and then you have to collect taxes every other day... Mathematically, when you can buy enough infra a day to = an extra $10000 gained (example, you can buy 10 infra per collection (100 citizens), and they make $100 each, then that is 100*100 = $10000, then there is no point doing it.)

Also, once you have considered the benefits such as if you collected every day, you may get an improvement quicker which will also alter the maths, you want to be using all the money you have, and also if you are young that money you have been saving up could be quickly destroyed in a war, making it useless as it could have been spent investing in infra which would have got you an extra improvement (which cannot be destroyed in war). :)

Edited by Kingdom of Royalty

Even $50 per citizen per day is quite good. I think $30 per citizen per day is good for a nation of this size. Really though, all you give up by collecting this interest is the collection of income from the infra 1 day of bills would have bought, if you do it right. You would forfeit this every 2 days. That is less than $10k until you get to the point you can improvement swap (at which point, it is worth much more than interest).