Announcement from the Kaiser of the Greater German Empire

Malatose

**Live Newsfeed from the Kaiser's Palace**

Sons and Daughters of Germany,

The past couple of weeks have been trying times. We have seen immense destruction and loss of life on a scale never before seen. However, as always, the German spirit shall always prevail. We shall rebuild and become stronger than ever. However, we aren't the only ones to suffer. Around the world, millions are dead and are suffering the same fate, and we are partially responsible. Therefore, before the German people and the world, I apologize. I apologize for ordering massive nuclear strikes against population centers, when there were no clear military targets in them. Ordering the launch of those attacks is something I wish I could take back. Unfortunately, I can't.

While I do apologize for launching those attacks, I do not apologize for launching the pre-emptive strike into Italy, which started this conflict. The destablization of Italy on our frontiers presented a clear and present danger to our people. Therefore, I was acting in our best interest. If the very same situation was to arise again, I would take the same actions again.

However, that is behind us and the future is now before us. To ensure that another destructive nuclear war is never waged in Europe again, I have decreed the following declaration concerning the use of Nuclear weapons in the German Armed Forces

Kaiser Defense Protocols

1. The Greater German Reich shall not target civilian centers with Nuclear Weapons unless there is clear and accurate intelligence that German population centers are about to be hit.

2. An EMP attack upon the German homeland will be seen as a nuclear attack. The response shall be a retaliatory strike.

3. If any of the above conditions have not been met, any nuclear strikes shall be restricted to military targets only.

With these new measures in place, I hope that we can avoid the holocaust of the last war and ensure the prosperity of Europe, forever.

Signed for the Greater German Reich,

Kaiser Des Gross Deutchland Reichs, Scolar Visari

Some reporters and pundits have looked at the Newsfeed and asked: "What of the war in the Balkans that was started by Germany against the Rebel Army, for no reason, which is responsible for the majority of nukes launched in the past few months?"

Around the world, millions are dead and are suffering the same fate, and we are partially responsible. Therefore, before the German people and the world, I apologize. I apologize for ordering massive nuclear strikes against population centers, when there were no clear military targets in them. Ordering the launch of those attacks is something I wish I could take back. Unfortunately, I can't.
Remorse is the first sure sign of humanity, unlike much of Europe you’re going to live with the consequences of your actions.
While I do apologize for launching those attacks, I do not apologize for launching the pre-emptive strike into Italy, which started this conflict... If the very same situation was to arise again, I would take the same actions again.
Without the recognition of your responsibility instigating the global catastrophe your apology is empty. Edited by Generalissimo

Some reporters and pundits have looked at the Newsfeed and asked: "What of the war in the Balkans that was started by Germany against the Rebel Army, for no reason, which is responsible for the majority of nukes launched in the past few months?"

This is a very good question. The war with Rebel Army was unrelated to the pre-emptive strike afgainst Italy.

Without the recognition of your responsibility instigating the global catastrophe your apology is empty.

This. While your remorse over use of nuclear weaponry is a good sign, the second portion of your statement is not.

While I do apologize for launching those attacks, I do not apologize for launching the pre-emptive strike into Italy, which started this conflict.

How can you apologize for the war but not apologize for causing it to happen? It doesn't make sense. You say the war caused a holocaust, but you don't apologize for making it happen. Don't you even realize that even in our own ranks there were many Germans, who considered themselves loyal to you before you attacked?