This Week in Pacifica

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least in my time, this included most all resignation threads, but I considered that fair. Leadership has no reason to leave a resignation thread up that might influence other members to follow suit or at least allow them to take note the large number of retirees. I wouldn't do that at MFO, but then again, I don't have to worry about a mass exodus. :P

Yeah, Resignation threads were a common one. I even made a multi-moderation script called 'Stupid Thread' which locked and moved the resignation threads with a couple of clicks. Dead simple

He was a founding member of the NPO. I value his opinion as much as I value anyone elses. He just so happens to be in a position to speak about such a topic.

Get one of your admins to refute him.

And now he's in an organization that exists solely to oppose Pacifica, so you may want to take what he says about the Order with a grain of salt. It's in his current interests to make us look as bad as possible at every turn.

You clearly value his opinion above mine. You've questioned everything I've said and took him at his word with no evidence to back it up. Have you seen this "Lock Box" full of dissenting threads? No, you haven't, and yet you speak of it as if you have.

As far as you throwing out his credentials, I've been in the NPO longer than he was. Quite a bit longer, so maybe you should heed my words just as much as his, if not more.

Yeah, Resignation threads were a common one. I even made a multi-moderation script called 'Stupid Thread' which locked and moved the resignation threads with a couple of clicks. Dead simple

lol I love your avatar.

umm.. yeah.. I remeber the NPO forums.. very big.

edit: grrr Corinan posting be for me. :(

Edited by Paxis

And now he's in an organization that exists solely to oppose Pacifica, so you may want to take what he says about the Order with a grain of salt. It's in his current interests to make us look as bad as possible at every turn.

You clearly value his opinion above mine. You've questioned everything I've said and took him at his word with no evidence to back it up. Have you seen this "Lock Box" full of dissenting threads? No, you haven't, and yet you speak of it as if you have.

As far as you throwing out his credentials, I've been in the NPO longer than he was. Quite a bit longer, so maybe you should heed my words just as much as his, if not more.

I'm not sure what you're trying to play at here. Having that type of area is pretty common, I know there was/is one on the Polar forums. So far Lord Valentine is the only person with any knowledge of the situation to say anything, pending one of your admins coming in and denying its existence. Which somehow I doubt is going to happen. And it's as simple as that - all the present information points towards its existence, the only way your ridiculous skepticism has any validity at all is if someone actually backs you up.

I notice you haven't replied to me directly yet, so I'll ask you a direct question. Do you deny that the lock box exists, or are you saying you don't know of its existence?

**edit: GRAMMAH

Edited by Lord Valentine

I notice you haven't replied to me directly yet, so I'll ask you a direct question. Do you deny that the lock box exists, or are you saying you don't know of it's existence?

I believe I have stated that I haven't seen it, so can't say whether it exists or not. I'm sure we have somewhere we put threads that have run their course. What I am doubting strongly is that we have an area where we keep threads that are moved because they are dissenting in nature, and that there are a lot of them, which you have stated.

I'm saying you're lying about that part.

Where else do you think they go?

Ok, what I'm getting at is that I don't think there ever was a multitude of dissenting threads that got moved. Perhaps the "Lock Box" exists, but I believe that you're lying or greatly exaggerating about its contents and will continue to believe so until you can come up with evidence to the contrary.

Well, why exactly is it in his interests to do so? I am confused as to why a founding member of NPO is now dissatisfied with the way his creation is being run? There's probably some really good reasons as to why LV is part of our fine organization.

Ok, what I'm getting at is that I don't think there ever was a multitude of dissenting threads that got moved. Perhaps the "Lock Box" exists, but I believe that you're lying or greatly exaggerating about its contents and will continue to believe so until you can come up with evidence to the contrary.

Well, since neither of us can see it at the minute I guess we'll have to agree to disagree ;)

I believe I have stated that I haven't seen it, so can't say whether it exists or not. I'm sure we have somewhere we put threads that have run their course. What I am doubting strongly is that we have an area where we keep threads that are moved because they are dissenting in nature, and that there are a lot of them, which you have stated.

I'm saying you're lying about that part.

Hey remember that time before the noCB when Polars were posting threads to rally their "brothers" but they were getting removed within moments? That was fun.

Well, why exactly is it in his interests to do so? I am confused as to why a founding member of NPO is now dissatisfied with the way his creation is being run? There's probably some really good reasons as to why LV is part of our fine organization.

From what I heard he got bored and wanted to try something new.

Also, the New Pacific Order is hardly Lord Valentines creation. The NPO was founded on a distant planet by El Caudillo, Francos Spain. Oh and not the imposter we currently have disparaging his good and blessed name on Planet Bob.

Ridiculous! You need proof!

Not when you're in Vox Populi, apparently.

Edited by Corinan

Also, the New Pacific Order is hardly Lord Valentines creation. The NPO was founded on a distant planet by El Caudillo, Francos Spain. Oh and not the imposter we currently have disparaging his good and blessed name on Planet Bob.

I had a hand in the creation of this version of the NPO, which is very very different from the older (better) NPO you refer to.

Technically accurate but not the whole truth eh? Threads are moved to the 'Lock Box' when they are viewed to be offensive, useless or counter-revolutionary. Only Admins have access to the Lock Box so the threads are as good as deleted.

There are a lot of threads in the Lock Box

I've seen it. AC used to be able to before the switch to the IO system. A quick ctrl+f in old #council logs finds me:

<Frawley_Work> do we have an archive where I can chuck old but importent threads

<Koona> 2 are invisible?

<Frawley_Work> can I use the library for now

<Frawley_Work> yes

<Koona> you can't see the lockbox?

<Frawley_Work> war and general

<Koona> k

<Frawley_Work> no I cant

<Frawley_Work> which is odd

<Frawley_Work> I used to

Rather convenient.

And yes, it's used for what LV says it is. Polar had one as well.

Edit:

Also to his credit

<Frawley_Work> does the Multi-moderation "Stupid Thread" send stuff to the lockbox

<Frawley_Work> what are the foru forums

<Frawley_Work> *four

<Koona> yes, use the stupid thread mod to get rid of threds

Edited by Doitzel

Excellent. Now prove that this Lock Box is chock full of threads of a dissenting nature. I eagerly await.

While we wait, do you still think that "Our leadership has betrayed us, betrayed the Order, betrayed Francoism."? I forget why you went back on your words.

**edit**

Source

Edited by Lord Valentine

Excellent. Now prove that this Lock Box is chock full of threads of a dissenting nature. I eagerly await.

Heh. It's your word against ours. I'll let people make up their own minds who to believe: people who stick to their guns and have seen this forum, or a two-faced someone who's admitted they've never had access.

While we wait, do you still think that "Our leadership has betrayed us, betrayed the Order, betrayed Francoism."? I forget why you went back on your words.

**edit**

Source

No I don't , nor do I see how this is relevant to our discussion. You know it's not as well but just wanted to get a cheap shot in. Classy move. Is that all you have, esteemed "founder" of Pacifica?

No I don't , nor do I see how this is relevant to our discussion. You know it's not as well but just wanted to get a cheap shot in. Classy move. Is that all you have, esteemed "founder" of Pacifica?

It's a new discussion. I was honestly curious as to why you went back on such strong words. If you don't want to talk about it, then I understand.

I've never seen this "Lock Box" so he could be making that up for all I know. In fact it would serve his current agenda if he is making it up.

Uhhh Emperor Moo referenced the lockbox himself in this thread. He said he moved the dunce image that MoB posted to it. So, try again?

Uhhh Emperor Moo referenced the lockbox himself in this thread. He said he moved the dunce image that MoB posted to it. So, try again?

We've already established it's existence, but I still question what Lord Valentine states is the contents. Try to keep up.

No, actually. There's load more where that came from. You know, you're not so bad really. I also think that "Everything that Franco started five years ago is being flushed down the toilet."