Buying infra not helping?

cheezeitz

I'm currently sitting at 5,713.97 infra and 864.35 tech and every time I buy more infrastructure I end up making significantly less than if I had not bought infra. Even though the amount of people goes up, I still make way less.

I'm currently sitting on $51,293,797.19 (yes, 51 million) and I'm wondering how to spend this.

I have the stock market and the Social Security wonder.

Thanks =]

It sounds like you probably aren't improvement swapping then. This is no longer just helpful, but essentially necessary by this time in your nation development, as you have pointed out.

If you're not familiar...essentially you buy labor camps and keep them for many days, paying your bills every day but not collecting taxes. Then you ditch the camps and collect taxes without them. And keep repeating this cycle. The added income from this should outweigh the cost of the improvements.

Banks: 5, Border Walls: 5, Churches: 5, Clinics: 5, Factories: 5, Foreign Ministries: 1, Harbors: 1, Hospitals: 1, Intelligence Agencies: 5, Labor Camps: 5, Police Headquarters: 5, Schools: 5, Stadiums: 5, Universities: 2,

That's part of your problem.

You should probably get another few wonders.

How to spend your money - improvement swap. If you don't know what that is ask on your alliance's forums.

Ah,

Well right now I currently have five labor camps and five border walls...

I don't know if i backed myself into a corner or not..

EDIT:

So what should be my plan of action?

Get the interstate wonder and remove the labor camps and border walls?

Edited by cheezeitz

I just looked at your nation. How did you manage to get to -7 improvement slots?!

Nonetheless, if you ditch most (or even all) of your border walls, you should be able to effectively improvement swap as I mentioned earlier.

And yes, if 30 days have past since your last wonder, you definitely want to spend some of your money on the next one. Interstate may not be a bad choice...you probably want either that or Internet next (since you don't seem to use your aid slots, the DRA is not a good choice for you as it would be for some).

Labor Camp swapping will help as will more economic wonders. I would also recommend improving your population density by buying some more land - without water your pop density might be a bit high. You might also benefit by reducing the number of border walls but that is best figured out using trial-and-error.

even without labor swap, you should not have hit any infra wall...

1) reduce border wall one by one and see its effects on your income

2) your trade set is not the best it can be, lead and coal are somewhat hard but I think you can do better with the 7 or 8 bonus set(or the 5 bonus set if extra resouce be lead, unlikely)

3) but since you are at -7 improvement DO NOT get rid of your labor camp until you get that number to 0...prehaps by fixing your trade and getting rid of your borderwalls.

even without labor swap, you should not have hit any infra wall...

1) reduce border wall one by one and see its effects on your income

2) your trade set is not the best it can be, lead and coal are somewhat hard but I think you can do better with the 7 or 8 bonus set(or the 5 bonus set if extra resouce be lead, unlikely)

3) but since you are at -7 improvement DO NOT get rid of your labor camp until you get that number to 0...prehaps by fixing your trade and getting rid of your borderwalls.

This person speaks the truth!! Just dropping the walls you should pick up a fair amount of slots. As a comparison I am at 5,799.99 infra, and if I drop just one of my five walls I pick up 3 improvement slots.

This person speaks the truth!! Just dropping the walls you should pick up a fair amount of slots. As a comparison I am at 5,799.99 infra, and if I drop just one of my five walls I pick up 3 improvement slots.

Well, it depends entirely whether the wall is needed for environment improvement or not. You're only going to gain a fair amount of slots if it wasn't needed to improve the environment. Otherwise gainng back 2% population while at the same time losing ~1.73% due to worsening of the environment by one isn't going to do much to gain back improvement slots.