Open source alliance OSA

chris447

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are looking for a safe place to grow your nation, have fun and enjoy Cyber Nations then come join us today!! ;)

You can view our forums at: www.theopensourcealliance.com

Our general information page, where you can learn more about the Open Source Alliance can be found at: www.freewebs.com/opensourcealliance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The OSA is doing better than ever, with 33 full members and 15 students learning the ropes on their climb to CN mastery. We have been consistently maintaining between 750,000 and 800,000 NS as our members grow, while a few leave CN, as everyone must eventually. However, we are on an upward trend, and will soon cross that all important barrier of 1 million NS. Join OSA today and be part of this meteoric rise. See the OP for forum location and application procedure.

• 3 weeks later...

Are you a new nation looking to grow fast? How does 4999,99 infra structure and a Stock market Wonder in 100 days or less sound? That's the kind of support and aid we offer active and committed members. Sound like fun? Why not come over to http://www.theopensourcealliance.com and learn more?

6 Months old, 40 members, almost 1,000,000 Nation Strength and nearly 200 Nukes, backed by an active community of people eager to share their knowledge and experience, as well as laughs and good times. Sound like fun? Visit http://www.theopensourcealliance.com and give it a try.

• 3 months later...
Okay! OSA has recently brought about a great, new deal! If you join up in the next 10 minutes, you get to hear me sing! :awesome:

Click here for amazingness!

I heard Cs sing, it was truly amazing. As President I shall be ordering him to keep this offer open for every 10 minutes from now on. Also, we like Linux. A lot.

Also, we like Linux. A lot.

stallman.png

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

• 1 month later...