The Great Exodus

Sarah Tintagyl

She threw the papers of the desk and jumped out of her chair and into his arms. Almost immediately her eyes welled up. "Larsa I was so worried about everything. Everything's gone, I have no idea how we are going to rebuild all this, Europe is in ruin and I can't help but to think that it is my fault." Sarah cried, burying her face into his arm. "We've lost so much and I thought that I lost you, I was sure that you died when Helsinki was destroyed and I hoped day in and day out that you would make it to Brisbane. I just want the world to be tied together again and I don't think that will ever happen again. The people are getting by, but how much more can we take? How much more can we take before all hope is lost?"

"I have a can of Scotch and an Irishman to thank for my life.

Hope, Sarah. As long as there is life there is hope. But they need a guiding light, you are that light. Never lose it, you cannot, and frankly I'll be damned before I let you.

I promise I'll be here for you through all of this. I won't leave you ever again, not now, not ever."

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"I have a can of Scotch and an Irishman to thank for my life.

Hope, Sarah. As long as there is life there is hope. But they need a guiding light, you are that light. Never lose it, you cannot, and frankly I'll be damned before I let you.

I promise I'll be here for you through all of this. I won't leave you ever again, not now, not ever."

She looked up with her eyes still watery and smiled. "Thank you Larsa, thank you so much for being there for me. So many people came and gave the Hansa support in her darkest hour and new we can build our future on the shores of Australia and someday we will return to Helsinki, I promise we will return. But maybe it is destiny that Australia is where we've ended up. We will build Brisbane in the the jewel that Helsinki once was. It will be an envy of the world." She buried her face back into his arm and continued to cry, but it was a cry of happiness that maybe her world was beginning to come together again.

"Milady." Brackk began. "What of our foreign-" He stopped after Kolm gave him a sharp hit to the side. "What was that for?"

"Your report can wait, its not as important as this. She's one our only chance to survive as a people in this world and if you think that you and your comrades can do the same that her Ladyship has did you're dead wrong. I've seen what has been of our people and it takes more than a degree to do, so you might as well wait Brackk cause you won't have a job much longer anyways." Kolm smiled and bowed his head at the embrace of his general and his leader.

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

She looked up with her eyes still watery and smiled. "Thank you Larsa, thank you so much for being there for me. So many people came and gave the Hansa support in her darkest hour and new we can build our future on the shores of Australia and someday we will return to Helsinki, I promise we will return. But maybe it is destiny that Australia is where we've ended up. We will build Brisbane in the the jewel that Helsinki once was. It will be an envy of the world." She buried her face back into his arm and continued to cry, but it was a cry of happiness that maybe her world was beginning to come together again.

"Milady." Brackk began. "What of our foreign-" He stopped after Kolm gave him a sharp hit to the side. "What was that for?"

"Your report can wait, its not as important as this. She's one our only chance to survive as a people in this world and if you think that you and your comrades can do the same that her Ladyship has did you're dead wrong. I've seen what has been of our people and it takes more than a degree to do, so you might as well wait Brackk cause you won't have a job much longer anyways." Kolm smiled and bowed his head at the embrace of his general and his leader.

"..and I will do everything I can to make sure we as a people get there. It's days like this I am proud to call myself a Hanseatic. Elijah has people in Old Hansa as we speak. It's still rather 'hot' up there, but I have it on good authority that they've invested long-term in the restoration of that area.

As for me, for breaking off from the Military and forming a Militia solely for the purpose of defending a foreign country, I have been summarily Court-Martialed and had my Franzharian citizenship revoked."

"..and I will do everything I can to make sure we as a people get there. It's days like this I am proud to call myself a Hanseatic. Elijah has people in Old Hansa as we speak. It's still rather 'hot' up there, but I have it on good authority that they've invested long-term in the restoration of that area.

As for me, for breaking off from the Military and forming a Militia solely for the purpose of defending a foreign country, I have been summarily Court-Martialed and had my Franzharian citizenship revoked."

"Then perhaps general there would be a way to repay you for your services to our nation." Sarah looked back at Kolm. "We have very few experienced leaders running our fledgling army at the moment and are in the process of rebuilding back to its former strength. I want to offer you supreme command of the Hanseatic armed forces, I need someone I can trust Larsa and I know I can trust you. This might even sound nepotistic, but experience is more important than policy. Do this for me."

"If I may interrupt also Milady, General Solidor already commands the respect of much of our forces already, no one would be against that appointment from the military."

Sarah turned back to Larsa. "What do you say, Marshal Solidor?"

OOC: Essentially, Ran if you wanted you could do most of the military RP's for the Hansa, there won't be many cause we don't really have a large military right now. If not that's fine too, but if Larsa's going to be in the Hansa from now on, I figured why not give him some responsibility, but of course its your option to accept. :P

"Then perhaps general there would be a way to repay you for your services to our nation." Sarah looked back at Kolm. "We have very few experienced leaders running our fledgling army at the moment and are in the process of rebuilding back to its former strength. I want to offer you supreme command of the Hanseatic armed forces, I need someone I can trust Larsa and I know I can trust you. This might even sound nepotistic, but experience is more important than policy. Do this for me."

"If I may interrupt also Milady, General Solidor already commands the respect of much of our forces already, no one would be against that appointment from the military."

Sarah turned back to Larsa. "What do you say, Marshal Solidor?"

OOC: Essentially, Ran if you wanted you could do most of the military RP's for the Hansa, there won't be many cause we don't really have a large military right now. If not that's fine too, but if Larsa's going to be in the Hansa from now on, I figured why not give him some responsibility, but of course its your option to accept. :P

"It would be my distinct honour. I look forward to the challenge.

That aside, I hate to further clog our busy schedule. But we should probably start planning the wedding soon."

"It would be my distinct honour. I look forward to the challenge.

That aside, I hate to further clog our busy schedule. But we should probably start planning the wedding soon."

Releasing herself from Larsa's grip Sarah returned to her desk. "Brackk, you can go for now, I will call you back when we need to further discuss foreign affairs." The minister bowed and retreated out of the office. "Kolm, you may stay."

Opening up a large leather booklet Sarah glanced down at the various wording sprawled across the dates. "Well I would like to begin preparing as soon as possible, if engagement is anything to prove love to each other then I believe we've proven that to God ten times over. I can talk to the Bishop at Brisbane Cathedral, but I was personally thinking that given the warmth of the country that we could have the wedding in the City Park. I was able to tour the city a few days ago and I found a beautiful gazebo that would be perfect for the ceremony. Naturally every leader in the world would be invited, especially the Irish and our new Australian allies. But the dress and the rings are material things that we can worry about later. We will hold the wedding as soon as the country is showing stability, I would assume we could hold the wedding in a month at most Larsa."

Releasing herself from Larsa's grip Sarah returned to her desk. "Brackk, you can go for now, I will call you back when we need to further discuss foreign affairs." The minister bowed and retreated out of the office. "Kolm, you may stay."

Opening up a large leather booklet Sarah glanced down at the various wording sprawled across the dates. "Well I would like to begin preparing as soon as possible, if engagement is anything to prove love to each other then I believe we've proven that to God ten times over. I can talk to the Bishop at Brisbane Cathedral, but I was personally thinking that given the warmth of the country that we could have the wedding in the City Park. I was able to tour the city a few days ago and I found a beautiful gazebo that would be perfect for the ceremony. Naturally every leader in the world would be invited, especially the Irish and our new Australian allies. But the dress and the rings are material things that we can worry about later. We will hold the wedding as soon as the country is showing stability, I would assume we could hold the wedding in a month at most Larsa."

Larsa moved over to a nearby window and surveyed the city.

"I agree, Chapels can be rather stuffed anyhow. There is no particular rush. Right now, we need to get the Hansa back on it's feet."

One thing New Cymru did have as part of it's intelligence service was a large cabinet containing dossiers of prominent figures in many nations. Larsa Solidor was one of those figures. As part of a standard customs procedure, a photograph was taken on arrival, and compared to every person on file, criminals, terrorists, and foreign dignitaries alike. By the time his identity was confirmed, he was already gone, although, his destination was easily deduced.

General Archer was already returning to Fort Sil to officially recieve his promotion when he was informed of the new arrival. A few quick words to the pilot were all that was required to redirect the second most powerful man in the New Cymraeg military to Brisbane.

Upon arrival he was met by Major Raglan, his 'bodyguard,' as if he needed one. The trip into the city was short and uneventful, and before long he was standing outside the city hall, dressed in his dark green dress uniform, medals and all.

He walked inside, Raglan beside him, and spoke to the first official looking person he saw. "General Archer to see General Solidor."

OOC: All of my diplomats are essentially spies, and at this present moment, most of my people would still be operating in the area, to maintain security.

One thing New Cymru did have as part of it's intelligence service was a large cabinet containing dossiers of prominent figures in many nations. Larsa Solidor was one of those figures. As part of a standard customs procedure, a photograph was taken on arrival, and compared to every person on file, criminals, terrorists, and foreign dignitaries alike. By the time his identity was confirmed, he was already gone, although, his destination was easily deduced.

General Archer was already returning to Fort Sil to officially recieve his promotion when he was informed of the new arrival. A few quick words to the pilot were all that was required to redirect the second most powerful man in the New Cymraeg military to Brisbane.

Upon arrival he was met by Major Raglan, his 'bodyguard,' as if he needed one. The trip into the city was short and uneventful, and before long he was standing outside the city hall, dressed in his dark green dress uniform, medals and all.

He walked inside, Raglan beside him, and spoke to the first official looking person he saw. "General Archer to see General Solidor."

OOC: All of my diplomats are essentially spies, and at this present moment, most of my people would still be operating in the area, to maintain security.

An aide bowed to the intimidating general. "Of course Your Excellency, he's in the Prime Minister's office right now. I can take you there of course." The aide bowed again and led the general up the stairs to the office. Knocking first and then opening the door, the aide saluted and then turned to the two New Cyrmeag officers behind him.

"Your Excellencies, may I present General Archer of the New Cymeag military."

An aide bowed to the intimidating general. "Of course Your Excellency, he's in the Prime Minister's office right now. I can take you there of course." The aide bowed again and led the general up the stairs to the office. Knocking first and then opening the door, the aide saluted and then turned to the two New Cyrmeag officers behind him.

"Your Excellencies, may I present General Archer of the New Cymeag military."

"Well, to what do we owe this honour?" Larsa said as the man was introduced.

An older man puffs on his cigar slowly outside a cafe near the City Hall of Brisbane. His beard long, his eyes blue and his body scarred, this gentlemen has seen much war. He has also seen much peace, leading a rather large population at one point.

He chuckles as he see's several trucks with the Hanseatic Flag roll past.

"Oh Niko. What did your region do this time?"

"General, a pleasure to finally meet you. This is, in fact, a matter, concerning both of you. The Hanseatic military has no doubt been ravaged by the current situation. To rebuild, I suggest a joint effort. If Lady Tintagyl agrees, you may be the perfect candidate for leading a reformed Hanseatic military. A suggestion only, but something to consider."

"General, a pleasure to finally meet you. This is, in fact, a matter, concerning both of you. The Hanseatic military has no doubt been ravaged by the current situation. To rebuild, I suggest a joint effort. If Lady Tintagyl agrees, you may be the perfect candidate for leading a reformed Hanseatic military. A suggestion only, but something to consider."

"I do believe me and Sarah had already talked on the matter, but it is of course a good suggestion, now and then. But as I already discussed with Sarah, I am no longer a Franzharian, Court-Martial and Citizenship Revokation and other such things I won't bother you with, I am doing this for her of my own volition."

"I'm glad to see that New Cymru has already considered helping creating a military that can protect our civil interests and as I hope will become an eventual asset to the nations in the region that can count on Hanseatic soldiers as being their closest allies. Our previous military was quite small to be honest, in the war with Germany we only had 60,000 troops from issuing a total arming of the country put for primary uses, I would only imagine that we would need to have 5,000 or so soldiers on active duty. In addition to the troops that New Cymru has in the region. General Archer, I have already named General Solidor here as Marshal of my armed forces and hopefully in an age of peace we will be able to expand to include an actual navy and air force. Naturally, the military would be volunteer, so as to discourage any type of militarism arising in the state."

"Interestingly, milady, we ourselves have taken the route of a small, elite military. Our combat posts have less than 100,000 men filling them, and while there are many pilots and sailors, as well as mechanics and other support roles, the small elite military can be quite beneficial."

"Interestingly, milady, we ourselves have taken the route of a small, elite military. Our combat posts have less than 100,000 men filling them, and while there are many pilots and sailors, as well as mechanics and other support roles, the small elite military can be quite beneficial."

"A most interesting suggestion. If I might make a suggestion as well. I've found that one of the best ways to chart a course is to know the assets you have to work with. I'd like to have me and some of my men spend some time with the men, to guage their strengths and weaknesses, to see the best ways to utilize their individual abilities and ability as a cohesive unit."

"Very well then gentlemen and considering our state is much small than New Cymru the decrease in the military would be a great aid, plus it would decrease the military budget by at least half giving us more money to invest in cultural advances and the quality of living of the people. Truthfully I am not interesting much in military warfare, only enough to defend the state and if needed provide my allies with reinforcement. However, I hope that the reforms will eventually lead to an effective modern military that the Hansa has truly never been able to field."

Taeunas transports had been coming in constantly. Already, close to a quarter of the Hansa population had been transported to the South Pacific.

A black Cougar utility vehicle pulled up to the new Hansa capitol. The driver, a man in sand colored BDUs and sunglasses, flipped his seat forward and retrieved a pair of file boxes. Carryign them in his arms he followed the passenger, a young woman dressed in mufti. They walked to the front desk and she took of her sunglasses, revealing piercing green eyes. She looked at the young man behind the desk and gave him a coy smile.

"Pardon me," she said. "but we'd like to talk to whoever is in charge of your foreign affairs office. I have a mess of paperwork to deliver." Andrea Price tilted her head to one side. "Unless you would like to deal with it, of course." She motioned and Maj. Davis set the boxes on the desktop.

On the top of the contents was a letter to the PM from the president.

Sarah,

I hope that my use of your first name doesnt offend you, but considering that we've stood shoulder to shoulder through the current crisis, I figured you wouldnt mind. To my mind, the use of titles between friends is wasted breath.

I'm writing to let you know that we are sending our decom crews back to Helsinki. Overhead pictures show heavy devistation and radiation levels are high.

Good news though. Larsa Solidor is alive. My people tell me that he has left Europe, so you should see him soon, I would expect. So drop what you're doing and get that wedding planned! Ha ha.

I hope this letter finds you coping well, and that things are running smoothly. Well, as smoothly as possible when you're moving an entire nation, that is.

Slainte!Christos DeSchaine

Edit: spelling

Edited by DeSchaine

Sarah,

I hope that my use of your first name doesnt offend you, but considering that we've stood shoulder to shoulder through the current crisis, I figured you wouldnt mind. To my mind, the use of titles between friends is wasted breath.

I'm writing to let you know that we are sending our decom crews back to Helsinki. Overhead pictures show heavy devistation and radiation levels are high.

Good news though. Larsa Solidor is alive. My people tell me that he has left Europe, so you should see him soon, I would expect. So drop what you're doing and get that wedding planned! Ha ha.

I hope this letter finds you coping well, and that things are running smoothly. Well, as smoothly as possible when you're moving an entire nation, that is.

Slainte!Christos DeSchaine

Christos,

I would only expect for us as truly close friends to be able to address each other as such, so no I am not in the least offended. I am writing this as a response, but also to explain the truth virtue and honor of the people of Taeunas and you as their honorable leader. Recently I have been able to count many nations of the world as my friends, many have taken the Hansa's struggle to heart and the amount of aid and support we have received is unimaginable. Yet it is now even more evident to turn to our friends of the past and thank them for their continued support in our and in the Hansa's case what seems to be constant darkness, but believe me I am chuckling while writing that.

Taeunas has stood by the Hansa's side since the first nuclear crisis almost a year ago and since then we have come far as a people and as friends. I can now say smiling that Taeunas is one of our greatest allies and when the Hansa is in trouble I can always count on Taeunasian flags coming over the horizon to our rescue. If the ill situations that have befallen the Hansa ever occurs in your country you can count that I will personally come along with aid to make sure that Taeunas will be back in perfect condition as quick as time allows. I never forget my friends and more so a friend that continues to prove themselves again and again.

I am also happy to exclaim that the wedding will be taking place in a few weeks now that the country is essentially up and running again and though every world leader is invited, it would weigh heavy on me if you could not attend. I hope to see you in Brisbane soon President and this time dine actually outside in the warm weather that Australia offers to her inhabitants.

Best as always,

Sarah Tintagyl

OOC: Quoted from the Second Haseatic Republic thread...

Private message to Sarah Tintagyl

"It is good to see your nation's will to survive. Frankly, I am truly amazed at your ability to pull through not one, but TWO nuclear attacks, and still remain standing strong as a beacon of honor and peace.

As such, I am authorizing the return of one ship full of food from what you sent to us in our own time of need.

A man by the name of Anthony Harlem will be there some time in the next few days to speak with you and see if there is anything else we can do to help.

~Subtleknifewielder