Formula for Cash Loss from Defeat Alert

Chairman Cao

- Does anybody know a formula for this?

- If not, does it appear from experience to be fixed or random but within a range?

- Is there a hard cap regardless of nation size? (I heard 5mil but it was dubious)

The reason I ask is because I'm try to calculate a precise worst-case warchest per day, where using daily bills alone would be hopelessly inaccurate.

Edited by Chairman Cao

Paragraph V of the Information Index on Declaring War

If an attacker is unable to battle a defending nation because the defending soldier numbers are too low the defender will automatically be placed into Anarchy, up to 5 defending spies may be killed, 5% or up to 10 technology levels, 20% or up to 40 infrastructure levels, and 5% or up to $5 million in money may be destroyed (not stolen).
Edited by Begovic

Thx for replies, nice to be certain on the caps especially.

I'm guessing nobody knows what the formula is for the 'up to' part though? Presumably the cap is lowered based on NS, I've never achieved any especially high but then I was at fairly low NS the last time I fought a war. Do you remember what kinda level the nations were to which you gave the 3-4mil DAs Imperator?

So I guess with those figures the worst case scenario would be when all 6 nations you're fighting manage one DA per day. This would potentially give 30mil cash loss; 240 infra which is worth 50mil for an 8k infra nation for example; and 60 tech. This is over 80mil per day alone on top of other costs, so maybe not the most practical figure to use for warchest lol.

So I guess with those figures the worst case scenario would be when all 6 nations you're fighting manage one DA per day. This would potentially give 30mil cash loss; 240 infra which is worth 50mil for an 8k infra nation for example; and 60 tech. This is over 80mil per day alone on top of other costs, so maybe not the most practical figure to use for warchest lol.

You can only receive one defeat alert a day (you can get ground attacked AND defeat alerted in the same day though).

I'd love to see what your worst-case analysis shows.

12 ground attacks

1 defeat alert

12 bomber runs

12 CMs

6 nukes

18 Naval Actions (I'm not sure how you would even calculate Blockade effects)

All of that at max damage, and replenishing all your military in between them all, not to mention replenishing after your own attacks. Yeesh...I'd better start saving a bit more! ;)

I'd love to see what your worst-case analysis shows.

12 ground attacks

1 defeat alert

12 bomber runs

12 CMs

6 nukes

18 Naval Actions (I'm not sure how you would even calculate Blockade effects)

All of that at max damage, and replenishing all your military in between them all, not to mention replenishing after your own attacks. Yeesh...I'd better start saving a bit more! ;)

You can only get hit by one nuke per day fortunately, though you can fire as many as you like at nations which haven't yet been hit, which evens the odds a little when you're massively outnumbered :)

I expect the maximum damage would always be done by your enemies all attacking at once after their (the first guy's) nuke to maximise damage compared with 1 at a time or 3 groups of 2 where you could buy troops in between and lose fewer battles. There could well be some compromise though such as nuke followed by the weaker attackers, then the stronger ones together after to rebuy aircraft. In that case you'd be better off turtling though... hmm.

For fun though I'll work out the absolute worst case financial loss, but later, gtg work in 10 mins :(

Max damage is based on tech so you couldn't really find a max value, unless you were talking about a specific nation attacking you. (in regards to the post a couple up)

Is this accurate? I had thought that all attacks had some cap on the amount of damage that could be inflicted, be it a firm number (like $1M stolen) or a percentage (like up to 5% of defending nation's infra). These numbers are probably wrong anyway, but just examples.

If that's not true, then you're telling me a nation with almost infinite amounts of tech could destroy all of a weaker nation's tech/infra/land in 1 attack? (assuming that hypothetically there was some way to have waged war in the first place if they are that different).