Why are people so desperate for my resources.

Smallfrog

For the past few days I have been re-organising my trades to get a fast food, construction, beer etc.

Now to do this I had a couple of days with open trade slots, and had posted in my bio that I didn't want trade offers. Despite this I still got around 5 offers a day. Grrrrr.

But the strangest thing was that about half the offers came from people on different teams. Even today, with 4 slots confirmed and one pending I got another offer from someone on green. (me, I'm on blue)

so why are people so desperate for Aluminum and lumber, desperate enough to abandon the team bonus.

For the past few days I have been re-organising my trades to get a fast food, construction, beer etc.

Now to do this I had a couple of days with open trade slots, and had posted in my bio that I didn't want trade offers. Despite this I still got around 5 offers a day. Grrrrr.

But the strangest thing was that about half the offers came from people on different teams. Even today, with 4 slots confirmed and one pending I got another offer from someone on green. (me, I'm on blue)

so why are people so desperate for Aluminum and lumber, desperate enough to abandon the team bonus.

You are aware of the lower teams right. In Blue it may be all fancy with your +5000 nations. But in the lower teams this sometimes have to happen. I remember quite a while ago, I only had two pink trades. The rest were outside.

Or maybe you don't relise that some combo resourses are rare on certain teams.

A while back I was the only person with Iron and Lead :awesome:. Now theres someone else but you get my point.

This doesn't apply to you as Aluminum and lumber are comman as hell. But just getting a point across.

lumber+alu are is an awesome good resource combo, because its part of the ideal 3BG combo. not many nations are blessed with one of these. feel lucky, in fact you will never have to worry about your trades and will always be able to find any trade you want.

lumber+alu are is an awesome good resource combo, because its part of the ideal 3BG combo. not many nations are blessed with one of these. feel lucky, in fact you will never have to worry about your trades and will always be able to find any trade you want.

lumber+alu is comman to find together.

what do you mean with comman? "common"? only 192 of ~32000 nations have this, thats around 0.6%. a pretty rare trade.

Please. There a lot rarer trades. Iron and lead for example only have 120 out of 32000 nations.

fish wheat has 252 out of 32000 nations.

Fact is this. 192 is quite high.

gold oil = 255

Iron wheat =128

silver water = 76

Gold lead = 83

Furs cattle= 48

Pigs gems = 91

lumber marble = 80

Spices sugar = 304

Uranium wheat = 65

Aluminum lumber= 194

Its more common than others, but not the most common.

Please. There a lot rarer trades. Iron and lead for example only have 120 out of 32000 nations.

fish wheat has 252 out of 32000 nations.

Fact is this. 192 is quite high.

this is absolutely unimportant, because there are only a few GREAT trade combos to have:

MUST HAVE Trades (no matter if you go 3BG or 5BG, everyone needs these):

Iron/Marble/Lumber/Alu -> part of construction, which EVERY nation should have

Wheat/Fish/Cattle -> pop boosters, wich EVERY nation should have

Water -> get beer after you have all of the above with only 1 more resource

everything else is absolutely optional and lower in importance:

pigs/spices/sugar -> in combination with the above you get 3BG combo

uranium -> interesting for nuclear or high infra nations

gems/silver/wine -> good filler, but i wont suggest to import these.

coal/oil/rubber -> to comeplete the 5BG combo, only import if you already have one of these as natural resource

these are crap:

lead/furs/gold

So, overall 32000 Nations have a possible DEMAND for alu/lumber (because if you want to grow efficient, there is just no way around construction), but only 192 nations can deliver it. Thats RARE. The DEMAND for Sugar/Spices/Pigs/Uranium/Gems/Silver/Wine/Coal/Oil/Rubber or even Lead/Furs/Gold is a LOT lower then 32000 nations, because they are only useful for a limited number of nations. So in comparison to the amount of nations who NEED this combination, its very RARE. Its totally untinteresting how often another resource combination exists, because only the relation of DEMAND and SUPPLY defines if a special good (in our case: a trade combo) is "rare".

this is absolutely unimportant, because there are only a few GREAT trade combos to have:

MUST HAVE Trades (no matter if you go 3BG or 5BG, everyone needs these):

Iron/Marble/Lumber/Alu -> part of construction, which EVERY nation should have

Wheat/Fish/Cattle -> pop boosters, wich EVERY nation should have

Water -> get beer after you have all of the above with only 1 more resource

everything else is absolutely optional and lower in importance:

pigs/spices/sugar -> in combination with the above you get 3BG combo

uranium -> interesting for nuclear or high infra nations

gems/silver/wine -> good filler, but i wont suggest to import these.

coal/oil/rubber -> to comeplete the 5BG combo, only import if you already have one of these as natural resource

these are crap:

lead/furs/gold

So, overall 32000 Nations have a possible DEMAND for alu/lumber (because if you want to grow efficient, there is just no way around construction), but only 192 nations can deliver it. Thats RARE. The DEMAND for Sugar/Spices/Pigs/Uranium/Gems/Silver/Wine/Coal/Oil/Rubber or even Lead/Furs/Gold is a LOT lower then 32000 nations, because they are only useful for a limited number of nations. So in comparison to the amount of nations who NEED this combination, its very RARE. Its totally untinteresting how often another resource combination exists, because only the relation of DEMAND and SUPPLY defines if a special good (in our case: a trade combo) is "rare".

Not everybody will want Alum + lumber together, ever thought of that?

of course. with the same reasoning you could say "a lot of nations already have wheat, so wheat is useless" (hyperbole).

fact is, that ppl with alu/lumber are usually spammed with trade offers because both of them are "must have" resources, so the demand for them is extraordinary high. of course you can get alu and lumber also together with other of the "must have" goods, but overall ALL these nations have their inbox full with offers on a regular basis and most of them will be in 5 stable trade offers already. we have alliance mates with wheat/fish, if they would get $100 per trade offer, they wouldbe #1 in the game (hyperbole).

i think, we agree that this combination is one of the best to have. we only differ in the definition of "rare". you say: there are other combos with higher numbers, which is surely true. i say: compared to the demand for the "must have" resources they are very low in numbers (0.6%) - which i would call "rare". I can live with that difference.

A really great resource combo would be Fish &Wheat, and you don't have anything like that, so what happened to you was just unlikely.

I do have fish&wheat, and while I've my trade slots full (not like the thread opener) I do get trade offers only rarely, mostly spam PMs, and never more than 2-3 a month... (And I'm in a rather big team colour...)

I think the more rare the ressource combos/team combo is, the more offers you get.

Those are awsome resources and some people have a really hard time with their trades. they have no choice but to give up the +1 Happiness bonus you get for trading within your team color. I have trades with people who are not in my team color.

getting spam with trade offer is better than having to spam people with money offers for off-color trades, so you can get the worst version of 3bonus set.

you should ask admin to balance the resources, if you don't want trade offers. when is the admin going to fix the trades :angry:

Edited by Carnage

Why do you think-they are good resources thats why

oh for <insert swear word of choice> sake

Hello,

If you are interested in a trading agreement, please send me a trade offer, and I will give you 500k in money.

-splintercellguy

I have full slots, a message telling people not to give me trades, and still gaaaaaaagh.