I Hate the Airport...

Il Terra Di Agea

10:50, Jewels of the World Exhibit

"Where the hell is Komeil?" Hummel muttered to Mason as they took their final steps towards the safe.

"I have no clue..." Mason muttered back, a bit anxious for the feat he had to go through.

"You sure you can get into that safe?"

"Not even a little..." With that, Mason opened the door into the safe room, empty save for the door on the far wall. "Here goes... everything."

Mason unpacked a host of delicate tools and lights, from fine wires, to electric drills, he had everything. His stomach was jittering, his heart pounding, and his forehead beginning to sweat. He recited a mantra to himself, just under his breath: I can do it, I can do it, I can do it. He slowly placed his stethoscope to the safe wall, and placed his hand softly on the cold metal dial....

THUNK

The loud noise surprised him, after barely turning the dial, the handle beside him gave way, and the door pulled open. Mason stood, staring at the open door, pondering how on earth that could have happened, if they had left it open, or if the mantra had helped him.

Hummel burst through the door, "You got five minutes Ma-AY you... got it... open?" Hummel said, moving his hands back and forth.

Mason paused before saying, "Yah, I'm just that good."

"No he not!" A jewel covered Komeil yelled as he pushed the door further open from the inside, "Now, gold heavy, please take now."

11:02, Elsewhere

"No... NO!" DuPont yelled from the dark corridor, "You can't! You son of a @#%&, You planned this the entire time!"

"Why yes, yes I did," Another voice said from the dark, a tinge of glee in his voice, "Night night, Mr. DuPont."

The hall was filled with the crack of a firing gun, and a blinding light...

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

11:35, Main Hall

Baggs stepped into the hall, looked down at his watch, and back out into the room. Where the hell is everyone, the schedule was pretty damn clear about getting back by 11:35 he thought to himself. Another five minutes passed before Komeil, Mason, and Hummel stepped in. "There you are!" Baggs yelled, a bit annoyed, "We need to leave, we're late."

"Where are Carla, Frye and Lahye?" Hummel inquired as he tried to suppress a yawn.

"They should be gone by now," Baggs responded, trying to urge the rest out of the hall, "So, you met up with DuPont and Baxter, correct?"

"What, they should be with you," Mason said in a confused tone, "There wasn't anything in the plan for that."

"And you say we should follow plan..." Komeil chimed in a defeated, and all too sarcastic voice.

"They said that they were going to meet up with you, to help you carry stuff out," Baggs said slowly.

They stood for a moment, perplexed in the dark, cavernous hall, until the silence was broken by screams, "Holy crap! I... I think DuPont is dead!" Frye yelled from the upper story.

"#@%$..." Carla muttered as she saw for herself, "He's still alive, but barely."

Baggs moaned, "Get him out of here, we need to leave."

"But... But!" Mason yelled as he tried to articulate his thoughts, "That means that Baxter double crossed us!"

"Screw him, we need to leave," Hummel said in a gruff voice, "We stay here, we get to get a bit more acquainted with the local police, and that ain't part of the plan."

"He's right, we need to get out as fast as possible," Frye said, wiping the blood from his hands, across the tiny spots of it on his pants.

"You're right, we need to leave," Baggs said, knowing that Baxter wasn't the culprit...

Unknown

Baxter blinked several times as he opened his eyes. He couldn't tell if they were opened or closed due to the pitch black space he was haphazardly stuffed into. He moved his hands against the thick grain on the walls, floor, and roof above him, or at least the top of whatever little space he was in. He began to wriggle around to see the small spot of light protruding from his right. He could faintly see the night sky, and several crates, one moving toward him. Damn he thought to himself, as the crate slid in front of his light.

Komeil's Apartment, 12:02

Baggs began to pace in front of the perplexed group, taking time to stare at DuPont's recently bandaged chest. "Alright, who saw Baxter shoot him?" Baggs said, now facing away from the group.

Only Frye tentatively raised his hand.

"So, Dr. Frye, you were the only witness?"

"Yes..." Frye said, cringing a bit.

"Did anyone hear anything?"

Hummel, Frye, Mason and Komeil raised their hands.

"Interesting..." Baggs said under his breath, "Mason. You seemed on edge all night, wish to explain?"

"You... You know exactly why... Rem-Remember?" Mason responded, shaking.

"No, no I don't. You didn't seem on edge any other night, just today," Baggs said, inching his bag ever closer to Mason's face.

"I- I- I!!!!" Mason was yelling now, shaking even harder.

"Komeil, did you notice anything strange tonight?"

"Well, we get shot at lot, might be strange for some people here? It normal Friday night for me, but..."

"Anything else?"

"Well, he lie about for open safe?"

"Proof of lying..."Baggs muttered, "HUMMEL!!"

"WAHHH!" Hummel yelled in surprise.

"You spent the night with Mason, he seem strange to you?"

"Well, frankly, he seemed pretty darn timid..."

"Again, interesting...."

Baggs began to pace again, the team before him looking nervous, except for Dr. Frye, who seemed to be holding back some internal pain.

"Dr. Frye, I trust you, are you sure you saw Baxter shoot DuPont?"

"Yes, Baxter shot him, right in the chest," Frye responded, trying to sound calm.

Komeil stood, "We never said DuPont was shot!!!"

"Komeil, he can see DuPont right now..." Lahye muttered back.

Baggs stopped walking as he neared the shelf in the corner. "I have here a vial of Minciună, a potent alcohol created by a nomadic tribe that wandered Siberia before 500 BC. It was rehydrated from a sample over one-thousand years old, given to me by a very good freind. It briefly forces the user to use a greater portion of their brain, inhibiting their power lo lie, and giving them access to memories trapped deep within their mind. There is only one side effect, it causes burning, searing pain..."

"Your going around in circles!" Carla yelled out.

"No, we are going in triangles! Exactly as planned!" Komeil yelled back.

"I DID IT!!!"....

OOC: Find out who did it tomorrow! Or tonight if I have time

Also, I really would be surprised if you all haven't figured it out yet.

Frye was the only one still standing, breathing heavily after what he had just yelled, "I did it," he repeated, with a grimace.

"Well well well. We finally see the true colors of Doctor Arron Frye," Baggs said with a smirk.

"Not quite, you'll be even madder in a second," Frye responded, with a chuckle under his breath.

"What?" Hummel said from his far undersized chair.

"Well, you all know how Baggs had his little book, with all of our names, and hundreds of others?"

"Fu--" Baggs muttered.

"I just happened to 'drop' it back at the museum. Won't it be nice to see the police find that? All of you, and hundreds of others are in jail in a matter of weeks. It's curtain for you! Lacy, gently wafting, curtains!"

"What?" Carla muttered from across the room.

"You son of a !@#$%*," Baggs said, walking closer to Frye, "You trapped us, planned to do this from the start.Force us out, and then keep the goods, saying we hid them? Thing is, Frye, you've been on our side for too long. You'll never work in history again, years of school down the crapper."

"Yah, and what are you going to do about it?"

"Nothing. I just wanted you to face me so he could get behind you," Baggs said with a tinge of happiness.

"You for be spineless coward," Komeil said with a smile, as he snapped Frye's neck. He pause for a moment, thinking about the satisfying crack of the bones, and said "Well, just coward then."

"Dammit!" Baggs yelled into the dimly lit hallway of Komeil's building, "We now have to deal with a body, a load of goods, and a nice piece of incriminating evidence."

"We could burn everything for get rid problem," Komeil chimed in.

"Counterproductive old freind, we would burn the goods."

"Screw this, we need to get that book, and skip town," Hummel yelled out, lighting a cigar from his pocket, labeled "For when the !@#$ hits the fan".

"Hummel, that's good," Baggs muttered, "You're taking the truck, Komeil and I are taking my car back to the museum."

Baggs ran down the stairs, followed closely by Komeil. He grabbed the tarp, and pulled it off with a gian flourish of the arm, to reveal his red sports car.

"Lets blow this joint," He said as he pulled open the door.

In a puff of smoke and burnt rubber, the car shot out from the dark garage, and into the nearly deserted street.

19754_BurnoutParadise-06_normal.jpg

Baggs drove, breaking ninety miles per hour for most of the ride, screeching on turns, and breaking every law imaginable. "Komeil, you got the guns loaded?"

"Yes Baggs, guns loaded, good for to kill the people inside," Komeil yelled in his excitement.

"And..." Baggs stopped immediately as he saw the flashing lights from the city police, surrounding the museum's entrance. "Komeil," he said in a calm voice, "please press the red button under the dashboard."

"WOOOOOO!" Komeil yelled, knowing that the button would jettison he and Baggs into the air with great force, and so it did. In a puff of white smoke, the two shot into the air, landing in the soft grass, while the car smashed into the rear of a police cruiser.

"Who the hell are you?" The man standing guard affront the museums broken in door yelled, as the still smoke shrouded Baggs and Komeil walked ever closer.

"No time for a one liner, ol' bean," Baggs yelled back, as he fired a shotgun blast into the man's chest.

"Really, no 'Agent of death' dealy?" Komeil said, as he began to fire at the door.

"No time."

Komeil kicked in the front door, screaming "Heeeere's Johnny!" as he opened fire at the police around the room. He leaned over to Baggs, and whispered "You see, no time to make all!"

"Split up, back here in ten minutes," Baggs responded as he stepped off the the left.

The two ran off in their separate directions, only taking a moment to search each room, before running back out.

Komeil, sped up to a full sprint as the man began to catch up, not afraid to fire a round or two to prove that he was serious. "You no want do this!" Komeil yelled across his shoulder.

"Then stop, you are evading arrest! That's crime in and of it's self!" The officer yelled back.

The sweating officer stopped, and looked behind himself, Komeil had vanished. He slowly walked forward, through the dark hall, and into the next room, the large, open dining room. Komeil peaked out from behind the large pillar, among the sounds of screaming from the hall beside him. The sound of tearing and splashing echoed into the cavernous, empty spaces. Komeil stuck his head out, and saw the body of the officer hanging down over the side of the large fountain in the center of the room, some blood around his legs. Komeil stuck his head over the side, and peered down to see what could have killed the man, but all that was visible, was a small rubber duck, surrounded by blood.

Bloody_dUckie_by_h3llzcupcake.jpg

Komeil blinked, before picking the duck up, and stuffing it into his pocket, and running back out of the room, his prize hidden.

"Baggs, I no find book!" He yelled down into the main hall.

"I did!" Baggs responded.

"Hands in the air!" An officer yelled from behind a barricade behind the front door.

"No a good idea!" Baggs yelled back.

"Why?"

" I have several hand grenades and a gallon of gasoline with me."

"What the hell?"

"BOOM!" Komeil yelled, as he frantically began to light the tapestries in the hall aflame.

"Wa... Was that one of you yelling boom?"

"No... No, that was the explosion," Baggs responded, as he began to inch from the door, making sure to avoid Komeil as he lit everything he found on fire.

It took a moment for the officers to see the fire across the halls of the museum, and before the firefighters could come, the entire museum was up in flames, the artifacts, and the book, thoroughly destroyed, among the ruins of the great halls.

Baggs and Komeil slowly stepped back through the door of the now deserted apartment, cleaned from floor to ceiling, and drenched in bleach. They both felt a strange sense of nostalgia, looking back there, at the feelings and fun they had together in those dank little rooms. Hummel leaned in between them, and puffed out a big cloud of smoke, “You two gunna cry or something, cause we need to go.”

“Naw, I’m good,” Baggs said as he picked his tuff off of the ground, “Komeil, come on.”

“I should probably tell owner I moving out,” Komeil muttered from the door.

“Yah, you don’t want to be stuck with the rent after you move out.”

“Rent? I no pay money for apartment, I break in and live.”

“And the owner is?”

“Under bathroom floor, I kill for to get apartment, that how buy house, yes?”

Hummel stopped himself before he could ask what Komeil meant.

All three hurried down the stairs to the truck idling outside of the parking structure, and got into the back. They had a story to explain themselves if they got pulled over, needless to say, it involved bullets and killing the person stupid enough to ask. They drove through the city, just as the sun pulled over the distant mountains, and began to shine down on the frightened city below. They all felt good, both for their new friends, and…

*Breaking Fourth wall* Hey, what you doing, with mushy crap. Get to good part, dialogue and me! Komeil yells out*

“That better!” Komeil yelled into Hummel’s ear.

“What!?!” Hummel mumbled.

“Oh… nothing…” Komeil muttered back.

“We’re here!” Lahye yelled from the front of the truck.

“Well, here we are,” Baggs exclaimed, “And where is here exactly?”

“It’s a small freight airport,” Carla said, “We get the stuff sent out nice and easy, and then pick it up somewhere else, once the heat is off.”

“Excellent.”

As they began to walk back behind the truck, a dull thump began to grow in volume. The sound was foreign, but somehow reminiscent of the same sound coming constantly out of a large crate on the truck.

“AHHHH!” Baxter yelled as he finally pushed through the cramped wooden crate, “I win!”

The sound of several guns pulling from their holsters echoed a bit among the assorted cargo.

Baxter paused, wide eyed before mumbling, “Oh, hi…”

Baggs placed his gun back into his coat pocket, “Well Mr. Baxter, I could have sworn you were dead.”

“Naw, just stuffed into a little box…”

“Well, no that that’s over with, this is all of your last chance to get away from me. You leave now, you get a semi-Normal life, you stay, you’re stuck with Komeil and I… forever.”

“Well, I’m out,” Baxter said in a sarcastic tone, “I just spent a day in a little crate, I can’t take that on a day to day basis.”

“Can’t blame you there, but you can’t get anything for your work. We’ll have this stuff hidden for a year, until the heat gets off.”

“Damn…”

Baggs looked at Baxter as he began to walk off, towards the bus stop across the road, and yelled out, “Baxter!”

Baxter spun around, and was hit across the face with a thin necklace. “Gold and diamonds. 1000 ever made. It’ll bring you around 500,000, buy yourself a new car, and pay your bills.”

Baxter stood speechless for a moment, before sticking the chain in his pocket.

The entire remainder of the team entered the small airport, where they said goodbye to their precious loot, and to Komeil.

Komeil yelled from the pile of crates and boxes, “Vacation over, need get back to job, you know, doctoring to do…”

They all slowly wandered off into the crowds, except for Baggs and Lahye, who stayed in their place.

“Lahye?” Baggs muttered.

“Yah, Mr. Headington?”

“You know, life is like a giant jar of coins. And… uh.”

“And?”

“Full of change… uhhhh… riches… I forgot where I was going with this, let’s go get some beer.”

“I would, but those guys look like they want to talk to you…” Lahye said, pointing at two security officers approaching from behind.

“Sir, we need to have a word with you,” The one on the left said, as the other pulled on a set of blue rubber gloves.

Baggs slouched a bit.

“I hate the airport…”

OOC: Well, that's it for this. Hope you all enjoyed the read as I did the write. Most fun 17 pages I've ever written. (12 point times new roman, single spaced, I checked) :awesome: